Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
morning all....

Ya know. its amazing how flying 9 hours in the business section, getting a good 4 hours sleep on a seat that is almost flat and having whiskey on demand changes a persons attitude.

Yes, I was using some "colourful" words yesterday when I sat on the airplane for 2 hours after they let me board. I had two bottles of whiskey and I skipped my tenderloin dinner and just slept. about 6 am home time, I got up to a warm towel, and a hot breakfast in flight. I got to Amsterdam, where I was met by a KLM representative who promptly gave me my new boarding pass and a complaint form. I gave the people questions decent marks (the people I dealt with were doing their best), I gave NWA and KLM low marks for the way it was handled overall.

Two layovers and being missinformed isn't right. I dont think it was the people I delt with who were at fault, I think it was higher up the food change trying to save face.

Oh well, Im leaving Amsterdam in about an hour, I have two large heinekens in me and Im feeling decent.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Well, if I didn't place on that board, there are some crazy good hats on PI... I did real good. Probably the best that I have ever felt on a board before. No results yet...

Thanks Top and chad... We'll see...
Old 10-17-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
04, are you coming down now?

Meritorious board today... 1300... keep your fingers crossed. 12 walk in, 2 walk out. STIFF competition...
yep. one lady from my Church did 2 years in the Corps, she is excited as get out. no worries. we are Hammer Down for home as soon as it is over.
we have church youth group going to corn maze that nite.

praying for your board. i know your wife wants a new purse... oh wait that's my wife, your wife wants a MEGA CAB, right???

see ya then.

there's an Army recruit on one of the forums, after the DI leaves, he can get on thier AKO computer (army knowledge online) computer and hit this one forum.

he posted "boot camp is easy, it's a no brainer, it's the 4 years in Iraq that worry me"

pretty funny guy. won't be funny when the DI finds out
Old 10-17-2007, 01:50 PM

Mark,
If they don't pick you, then I know there are some issues with PI leadership. I have a good feeling this time.

Chad
Old 10-17-2007, 02:13 PM
REALLY old dog

Hat, There Is Definatelly A Reason It`s Not Posted Yet !!
Old Man ,rembers How He Felt In Your Shoes, Evedently Thinks There Is Value In Having You Guys Go Over Your Actions In Your Mind And See If There Was Anything You Would Do Diffrently .
Proprer Answer,(no There Isn`t Did My Verry Best Sir !)
Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

I ain't sweatin it. I did the best I could under the circumstances. I already won at Bn, that was good enough for me. I am compeating with about 100 hats that are eligable for this board on PI, and this is the cream of the crop here. Win lose or draw, I'm happy.

Now if I could just get that other rocker...

04, come on. She only did 2 in? Something about that is not right. We do not do 2 year contracts, something happened. Hope it was not bad.

mad
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
REALLY old dog

Hat, Just Wanted You To Know We-all Have Confidence In You !
And We Are A Sitting Here On This Sack Of Seeds Waiting With You !
Old 10-17-2007, 08:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
I did the best I could under the circumstances. I already won at Bn, that was good enough for me..

04, come on. She only did 2 in? Something about that is not right. We do not do 2 year contracts, something happened. Hope it was not bad.

mad
as long as you did your best, we can't ask much more. i just knew you were dissappointed with that other board because you missed a question.

been there, done that. got kicked out of the board... had to go apologize....
got kicked out of the apology.... got fussed at by my boss because my apology was just a stinging tirade against people who won't Cowboy UP and be the Bad Guy to get things done.....

yeah, ah, so what if I did half a dozen CWO boards, and basically got kicked out of each one....

she got pregnant, and they let them out back then. She seems pretty dissappointed, she liked it. if you give her a chance, she will tell you the whole story
good people, you will like her. ER nurse now. that takes some mettle.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 PM

32 °F / 0 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 24 °F / -4 °C
Wind: 18 mph / 30 km/h / 8.2 m/s from the ESE
Pressure: 29.43 in / 996 hPa (Steady)
Windchill: 20 °F / -6 °C
Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows 5 to 15. Southeast winds to 15 mph. Local gusts to 25 mph in the evening.

Hello All........Its been awhile since I've had time to get on here, 6 12's since first of May....Been working construction all summer and have had to go to a couple remote sites. We had a awesome summer this year, but they never last long enough up here. Have had snow in the delta area about 3 weeks, temps are dropping into the single digits now so we have pretty much shut down most dirt/concrete work. We have a few small projects we can still work on in heated tents. Sure looking forward to some time off.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Thanks, Chad. Don't think the leadership... think that there are as many good Marines around... some are better, and I am glad that there are. (If I was the best the Marine Corps had to offer, we'd be in trouble...

04, I was wondering why you had like 8 different applications to WO, and retired as a XXCS ( I don't remember your rate...) I should have known. Are you better off because of it? Or, would you be better off as a WO?

Last duty night, boys and girls. One and a wakeup...
Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Well, that's all for me tonight. See you guys and galls in the am...
Old 10-17-2007, 10:30 PM

my watch is showing 0530. I guess I will put a pot of something on since I have tossed and turned for the last hour.

Jetlag sucks.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

We`ll Its Time To Streighten Out The Things You Seen Before The Big Shots Showed Up A Cupple Weeks Ago !
Make A Good Day Of It, And When You Get Back To The Hotel ,aah !eat And Have A Cold Beer -or Maybe Two.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:34 PM

well, you got the last part right. met up with a brit I work with last night, had some left over pizza (he got here yesterday), and cleaned out my mini bar. I guess next year the company will change its policy and tell us to stay out of the hotel mini bar... Just guess, I would say those 4 beers cost about $50.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:34 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

4 beers for 50 Bucks!?!?! Nope, I'd pack a carry on, or have it mailed to me...

Mornin. Beer's on... I mean coffee/foo/tea/sprinkles...

Quick Reply: DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007