Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im going to have a long talk with my boss about this "cheapest route" bs...

Im ready to start flying American Airlines again.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 PM
REALLY old dog

THEY`LL HAVE THE SAME OLD ANSWER, ( YOU WERE GETTING PAYED WERN`T YOU !MAYBE SOMETHING STRONGER ?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:00 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Been Watching The Unit On Tv, Good Program
Old 10-16-2007, 10:01 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

There is less than 2 days base salary difference in NWA vs AA...
Old 10-16-2007, 10:39 PM
REALLY old dog

Attachment 16182We`ll I Know This Won`t Help But Consider This,
I Got Injured On The Job In 1982 Or 83 , They Finally Put Me Out To Pasture In 84, Only Problem Employer Was To Be Self Insured (workman's Comp.)
Unfortunately He Hadn't Funded It As Agreed With Government ,and There Wasn't Any Thing For Me To Collect, They Also Registered Me With The State As Handicapped, (that Was No Favor) Because That It Was A Back Injury No One Was Willing To Take A Chance And Hire Me, Now There Are A Lot Of Things That I Can And Do, I`m Not Lazy Never Have Been,with Taxes In Southern Mich., Farm Wasn`t Large Enough To Support Us On Its Own, So I Started A Cabinet Shop, With That I Was Able To Make A Living Until 5 Yrs Ago When I Had An Accident In The Shop And My Left Hand Only Par Cally Works. Sold Out, In A Declining Market ( New Builds Had All But Stopped By Then In Genesee County) Moved Up Here Started With A Bare Lot In March , Moved In In August . Still Put In Applications ,(never Get Any Response) Now I`m Not Dumb Not Lazy , And Only Way I Survive Is Occasionally Buy Something And Fix It Up And Sell It. Try To Make A Little Carving.
I Don`t Know What Your Job Is And I`m Sure You Have Had Years Invested In Getting The Knowledge To Do Your Job, But At Least You Can Feel Useful, You Have A Job, Its Rather Depressing To Have Every One Turn You Down,when You Know You Have Much Knowledge That Could Be Made Use Of,and Are Willing And Able,
THIS IS WHERE I RESTARTED MARCH 28 OF 04
Old 10-17-2007, 06:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good morning DTRonians Coffee is gurgling in the pot and fresh donuts on the counter. Think I will try a maple bar this time, those pink sprinklies are clogging up my keyboard
Old 10-17-2007, 07:02 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning. Wet and nasty today, or all week. Not really complaining, because we need it. Just a little tough getting a chance to get ready for winter.

Claude, been meaning to stop over with a piece of fish, but you know how it goes.

John, good to have you back on the sight.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good morning DTRonians Think I will try a maple bar this time, those pink sprinklies are clogging up my keyboard
Hey Lary, those things clog up more than the keyboard. Makes you join the zipper club. Now, a fresh cup of foo foo - - I'll go for that.

Washed the baby and finally cleaned up the interior from the long trip. Still need to put that stuff that rubs off real hard all over the outside - - getting dingy. Durned love bugs are really "making out" down here and do mess up the front in a hurry.

OK, enough goofing off - - gotta run, have fun,

Bob
Old 10-17-2007, 09:27 AM

Howdy folks ....

Ummmm .... not real sure what left that slime trail on the donut plate this morning, but I ain't eatin' what's left on the tray.

Managed to get the ball rolling at work yesterday and 11 hours later, actually got a little bit ahead. Sure would be nice to go home early.

Me and son#2 have a bike ride planned when I get home. The Katy Trail goes most of the way from one side of Missouri to the other and should take us about 4 days. Sure hope the weather holds out (never did like camping out in the rain).

Hope all is good in your neck of the woods.
PISTOL
Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 AM

Mornin all

Kind of a drive by this AM. Need to finish the clean up.

Hope you do well today Mark. GOOD LUCK.

The boss bringing donuts and putting the coffee on. Al right. Thanks

Everyone have a good one, have fun and drive safe.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:45 AM

Hatster,
Good Luck on Bn Cmdr Inspection today.

Chad
Old 10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin... Bn Cdr's inspection this morning, I was running from the time I got up this morning. I think that we had the best deck and the cleanest weapons, but I definatly have the stupidist recruits! I came close to losing my composure on a few of them... But, alas, it is over. Last big hurdle. 48 hours from now, I'll be recruit/Marine (Marute) free for-ev-er!

04, are you coming down now? I gotta go as soon as it's over, meetings and such. I'll be able to smile and nod a few times, but that's it. Same as last cycle.
Meritorious board today... 1300... keep your fingers crossed. 12 walk in, 2 walk out. STIFF competition...
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Good Luck,hat Keep Your Composer
Old 10-17-2007, 10:02 AM

Mornin' all,

Houston is muggy out there today. Kidletts oft to the think tank, wife to the salt mines. She wanted to get in a bit early, but did not rise and shine at revelly. Nothing left in the break room, dregs in the pot, and just the slime train in the donut dish. Started a new pot. and foo-foo, Then fixed Breakfast, french toast, bacon and eggs, and coffee.

Time to let social securty know I have moved. Medicair paid for flu shot yesterday.

Oven works good with the new class installed. It is one of those that you can set to start cooking later, and shut off at the correct time, and keep the food warm. That will be handy when I have to go get the kidletts, wife, and all. Traffic or other delays won't mean a burnt offering for dinner.

Going to start moving bills and direct deposits to the credit union.

Have a good un, and be safe out there.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good luck Mark, I believe in you

Quick Reply: DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007