Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
36 psi is a lot of boost for a gasser.

on this timer,

instead of basing cool down time on a Pyro (exhaust temp) it bases it on Boost (has a boost gauge built in) and run time.

so if 36lbs is a TON for a gasser, that would explain why it calculates the truck to need 5 minutes of cool down after just riding around town..

but the timer is cool.
it plugs into the E-brake, so you can control whether it shuts down the truck or not,
by setting the E brake after you turn off the engine.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Free ride... I love it...! I have a job for him...

I think that you need a turbo timer that runs off EGT's or time... I set mine for 30 seconds, and I watch the EGT's when I put it in park. If they are higher than a 30 second cool down when I turn the key off, I bump the time up a little.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:27 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chris I thought I sent you a PM if I did not the extra key whole on the back side is for a set of hobbles.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Dc, You Need To Explain To Those Not Familiar With Hobbles That They Are A Cowboys Parking Brake. Ha! Ha!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Or comfy cuffs
Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
Or comfy cuffs
ohhhh!!!! those.............
Old 10-15-2007, 05:43 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW, quite in here this mornign.. must be MONDAY!! YOOOO-HOOO, YEAHHHHHHH, ALRIGHT!!! ITS MONDAY!!!!!

is ready, good and thick, been brewing since midnight, so its just about perfect...

Rained all night again, got flooding going on down south again( hope Ed has his waterwings on).

Just heard from the BOSS, she says Good Morning and No, she dont so breakfasts....
Old 10-15-2007, 06:21 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
THANKS son! MADHAT I am proud of you! nice to see that your wife is not afraid of anything- (after having three kids!) four more for you to get to E-8.
weird news (rumor mill) is top officer type stating to Washington Board (budget) that every marine will see time in Afganistan in the next two years.....hopefully, it is just a money ploy and not a combat plan. stash some of those non melting chocolate bars just in case..and the woolies if it is North mountain area where our 10th mountain Division is...brrrrrr

half the boat waxed in cold weather, then put away in it's garage all winterized and such. will do caulking and other detailing while it is covered.
saving nice day tomorrow to head up to the property and scuba moving rocks (low water) or find the next big shipwreck. don't care what the temp is as long as it is sunny.

son's 19th birthday today- gave him a musical card that played "FREE RIDE' - think that is a good enough hint to get out and get a job? he is still waiting to get into Army National guard- I tried to explain- regardless, you have to get a job anyways. lost on deaf ears, stubborn stubborn lazy but smart guy.
ok parents - I need some advice shy of me and my shotgun......

Glad to see ya MikMaze and Dieselstorm! Good thing he fits the stereotype of a son in law Ed, low expectations mean he will always surpris eyou by calling you BEFORE he gets out the hammer....

ok, CHAIKWA is back- hair is floating in coffee- I am walking over to the hot water pot and making hot spiced cider.......

Give him a pair of gloves and a map to the log splitter?

Coffees ready, leftover raspberry (mom's garden) pancakes with homemade maple syrup and local made sausage links are out, left over from dinner last night, but just as good.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
Give him a pair of gloves and a map to the log splitter?
I was thinkin' maybe she should start a business and make him run it... like a septic pumping service.

Good coffee this AM Chris... too bad I finished it up!

New stuff is brewin'.

chaikwa.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 AM

Morning all,

Back in sunny California (whoop-de-friggin-doo ) for a couple weeks.
Sure is quiet in here .... did everyone else decide to quit drinking the mud for a while too ?? Stuff is causing me ulcers !!

Hope yer day goes good !!

CATCHINGAWHIFFFROMTHEIHOPNEXTDOORPISTOL
Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
JKE

Howdy Fellas.

Career change complete.

Lots to learn

I'll fix more coffee. Going to be a long day.

C-ya - JKE
Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
I think that you need a turbo timer that runs off EGT's or time... I set mine for 30 seconds, and I watch the EGT's when I put it in park. If they are higher than a 30 second cool down when I turn the key off, I bump the time up a little.
this one does both manual & automatic time....

the problem is it calculates the automatic time too high, because it sees the Diesel level of boost, and thinks some little ricer engine is an overachiever...

i just key it down to 1 minute usually.

JWBM, the military will fix that y'ung'un.

take him to the Army Recruiter today, marines tomorrow, and the Golf Course the day after (the AF recruiters will be there...)
Old 10-15-2007, 10:03 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

MORNING YE-ALL
BEEN OUT AND BUISY ALREADY, GOING TO GET MY BUDDYS CAR HAULER AND MOVE MY PICK-UP CAMPER TO THE MAIN ROAD TO SELL IT,
DONT NEED A 12 FT CAMPER & AND 32FT 5ER ,,MAKE SOME ONE A GOOD DEAR HUNTING CAMPER,

USING THE CAR HAULER BECAUSE I`M TWO LAZY TO PULL 5TH WHEEL HITCH OUT OF THE DODGE, SO I`LL USE THE RANGER AND HAUL IT ON A TRAILOR,
MAKES SENCE TO ME, HMM !! HOPE IT WORKS OUT WELL !
GOT - TO -GO , NEED TO GET IT DONE !
CLAUDE JUST A SITTING HERE ON THIS SACK OF SEEDS ,DRINKINGHOT TEA,BREWED IN KAILYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR,
GOT TO THINKING(SURE HOPE "MEXICAN" DON`T THINK I`M PICKING ON HIM WITH THAT LAST CARVING I POSTED !
Old 10-15-2007, 12:37 PM

Afternoon all,

What is that floating in the
Monday, mid 80's and sunny.
On Friday, opened us a credit union account. Got some good stiff like discounts on vision care and perscription drugs. Should offset the fees. Made the debit card for us in about a minute, why does it take the banks 2 to 3 weeks?

Gonna move car insurance to Texas, hope it is less $$$$ that AZ.

Wannabe, at dinner time don't set a place for son. No workee, no eatee. That might be a good hint. Did you find any shipwrecks?

Shovehead, can relate to the home projects. , I have not done that one, but helped friends that have. No Pix? you usually have good pix of things.

Pistol, in Calf the webbing between your toes will shrink and crack, not enuff moisture.

JKE, what career to and from? Best of luck on it.

Chaikwa, glad you back to make the GOOD, REAL COFFEE and get the place shaped up.

Hat, nice pix with the wife. Looks like a fun day.

Old Dog, great carvings you do. Fun to see. How long does it take to do a small one?

DC this time of year it is usually nice on the side of OR you are on. Did a few work trips there.

Outta here for now.

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:52 PM

afternoon all.

just got done with lunch.

went in put in an application for a job. EMT Basic with a private ambulance company.

found out that i cant function as an EMT until i have the license (which i knew in the first place, but applied anyway).

did find out that they need a person with mechanical skill, diesel in particular, to work in there in-house mechanic shop.

i thought cool, i have been wrenching on diesels for 2 years.

best part is, if they hire me, when i have my EMT license i can be a mechanic and work as an EMT on an as needed basis.

Quick Reply: DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007