Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 05:48 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007

I'm up.
Coffee's on.
It's open.

Shortround's out.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:21 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6:48? Dang, should've logged in sooner. Oh well, at least it's got a decent name. Coffee's good, fax is on stand by, waiting. Must've scared off the germans yesterday, didn't see any bizmarks lurking about.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:52 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am up horses are saddled and the coffee is thinning out all I gotta do is fix some breakfast and shower and load the pony's and start the day. Might be a long one today LOL oh oh.

Jason
Three Cross Ranch
Old 10-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin'.

'Skuttlebutt'... we're back to that name again. Oh well, I should expect it I guess. I go away for a few weeks and the whole place goes to poo. Took me 5 hours last night and this AM tryin' to clean this dive. Where do you guys think you are, home?

Well, this tree company that's parkin' here on the property is bringin' me all kindsa free firewood. Got about 6 cords on the ground now jus' waitin' to be split. Naturally, now that I have a 48" splitter that runs reliably and efficiently, all I get for wood is 16 to 18 inch stuff! Anyone wanna buy a BIG splitter?

The good is on. Be careful... I'm sure it's not what you're used to gettin' lately!

chaikwa.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Banned

amazing how much would ya can get for free, untill its split......... whats that haze above the coffee pot? dunno but I'll get my own thanks. great morning out here, 50 degrees sunny, bit of a breeze. Football weather for sure. be good and be safe,
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, Mornin... Last sunday of the cycle. Got a good nap in yesterday, feel much better. My wife went to a Jane Wayne day yesterday, it's where some DI's take them to do stuff that recruits do, rapel tower, rifle range, crucible stuff, it's a lot of fun. My wife had a good time. I got some pics, I'll post later.

Made a ricer mad yesterday, too...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning guys.. unwinding after work by cruising DTR... no for me, gonna go to bed here in a minute... and Scott's coffee gives me nightmares!!!!

Well, I already purchased the Crown Royal, just gonna give it to Tom as soon as I get there, no point in waiting till after the show.. been raining the last three days, no riding time, so I haven't been able to get any more practice in and we leave Wednesday morning....
its gonna be ugly...oh well , there is always next year...

Jason, you never did tell me what teh extra keyhole on teh rear of the saddle was for....
Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Howdy,
Back at the home 20.

Headed for the daughter's yesterday for her B-Day.
Was met outside by her & her hubby with a strange look on their faces.
No....she's NOT preggers.

Hubby decided to surprise her by removing a wall between their dining room and their rec room while she was at work.

Surprize!!.....Great idea,......BUT, he neglected to check to see if the wall was a bearing wall.

When I tried to ejumakate him to this fact, I got that "Deer in the headlights" look.

Ceiling was starting to droop about an inch.
So much for spending a relaxing day with the daughter.

Headed to Lowes to get the needed materials/tools to build and install a header and supports to carry the ceiling load across the (now) 13 foot opening.

All's well now, removed and capped wires to one electric baseboard element, and two outlets and the ceiling is back where it belongs.

I need to go back to work to get a break.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:59 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Wait till next week.... I will be 7 hrs ahead again...
Old 10-14-2007, 10:54 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

MORNING YE`ALL ,BEEN CRUSING DTR, GLAD TO SEE EVERYONE IS BACK~!
MAYBE WE CAN GET THIS PLACE GOING NOW, ITS BEEN KIND OF BORING WITH SO MANY ABSENT.
GOT TO RUN

CLAUDE JUST A SITTING HERE ON THIS SACK OF SEEDS,DRINKING HOT TEA,BREWED IN KAILYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR.
LATEST CARVINGAttachment 16123
Old 10-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
I need to go back to work to get a break.

how much boost does a stock truck make?
i should have looked at that BEFORE i bought this, huh?

http://store.looseboltsmotorsports.c...ttdciitut.html

The digital boost display can read up to 2.5hkpa (36.75psi)
Old 10-14-2007, 02:30 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

36 psi is a lot of boost for a gasser.

diesels dont have enough performance to warrant a gauge...
Old 10-14-2007, 03:04 PM

hey all.

been out runnin around today. checked out a new grocery store, went to a Realty open house, and just drove around and looked at the scenery.

got about an hour then its off to church for choir practice and evening service.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternoon...

Here's a shot of me and the mrs on the rappel tower, and a pic of her at the unknown distance range. If you can see the back of her shirt, you can see that she has "Morton's CO" on the back. Also attached is our rapel vid, and my re-enlistment vid. The rappel vid had one of my fellow retards... I mean Marines taping it, and he said a curse word at the begining. Mrs mad was supposed to edit it out, if she did not, someone tell me so I can remove it. Can't watch youtube here at work...
rappel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbN38HP07f4
re-enlistment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm2nmHkabug
Attached Thumbnails DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007-tower.jpg   DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007-shooting.jpg  
Old 10-14-2007, 04:09 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Way nicer than a pic!

THANKS son! MADHAT I am proud of you! nice to see that your wife is not afraid of anything- (after having three kids!) four more for you to get to E-8.
weird news (rumor mill) is top officer type stating to Washington Board (budget) that every marine will see time in Afganistan in the next two years.....hopefully, it is just a money ploy and not a combat plan. stash some of those non melting chocolate bars just in case..and the woolies if it is North mountain area where our 10th mountain Division is...brrrrrr

half the boat waxed in cold weather, then put away in it's garage all winterized and such. will do caulking and other detailing while it is covered.
saving nice day tomorrow to head up to the property and scuba moving rocks (low water) or find the next big shipwreck. don't care what the temp is as long as it is sunny.

son's 19th birthday today- gave him a musical card that played "FREE RIDE' - think that is a good enough hint to get out and get a job? he is still waiting to get into Army National guard- I tried to explain- regardless, you have to get a job anyways. lost on deaf ears, stubborn stubborn lazy but smart guy.
ok parents - I need some advice shy of me and my shotgun......

Glad to see ya MikMaze and Dieselstorm! Good thing he fits the stereotype of a son in law Ed, low expectations mean he will always surpris eyou by calling you BEFORE he gets out the hammer....

ok, CHAIKWA is back- hair is floating in coffee- I am walking over to the hot water pot and making hot spiced cider.......

Quick Reply: DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007