Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Marine Corps Breakroom 070902-070908

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening everyone ....

Getting settled in for the night ... got the evening 2 mile walk done, dinner polished off, kids tucked in and 1/2 a bottle of wine in the cooler just SCREAMING my name !!! I am sure liking the retired routine (when I'm home long enough to make it happen).

Red ... that sounds like quite the Frankenstein machine that you are building. Wish I had a project .

Guess they are gonna send me out on my first solo service job next week. Should be interesting .... they thought I was kidding when I said that I was real good at "scattering" parts ... but gettin' that egg UNSCRAMBLED again is another story .

Any Watercooler Regulars from the San Francisco / Dublin area ???

See y'all tomorrow ...

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
me & mama got braces in today.
kinda amazing a guy my age needs them (you can see my age in my profile)

she has TMJ, and my bottom row was starting to get tight, was turning one.

Doc made us a discount to do them both, and my regular Dentist said was sure to prevent problems in the future.

but it hurts right now.....
Old 09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

HEY PISTOL, HAVE A DAUGHTER THAT LIVES IN WENTZVILLE,MO , THAT ANY WHERE NEAR YOU ?
CLAUDE .ICED TEA,MADE IN KAILEYS SOCK FOR FLAVOR
Old 09-06-2007, 10:57 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy all.

In class right now, just wrapping things up. Beennnn tired...getting like 4 hours' sleep a night after doing all this homework n' stuff. I have been busy as usual. Same ol really. Work is going well, starting to pick up again. Which means more money. And that is good.

Nothing else new. Brother is back up in Wy. Hung out with him over the weekend. BBQ'd and had a few cold ones for the holiday. Haven't gotten much riding in recently here. I feel bad for the horses. Just no time. My brother's girl has been riding them once a week or so.

Weather is starting to cool down a bit. Should dip into the 90s this weekend. CANT wait for the cooler weather. I miss wearing a jacket to work.

Hope all is well my friends. Take care of yoruselves!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Hello on this Friday morning!!!

Coffee sock pot is ready along with the foo-foo stuff.

Breakfast has been launched along with alot of goodies.Each of you will have 2 baggies.Enjoy!!

Leevi goes in for his blood work today,praying that his blood count went up again.keep ya'll informed.
Have a great Friday,be safe out there.Cin
Old 09-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mjsandt
I just finished field daying the room (cleaning the *** out of your quarters every thursday night is normal in the Marine Corps) now I am enjoying some colld ones. Have a good night all.
M Sandt
Yeah!!! Some good old field day... I miss the fleet...
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Guess they are gonna send me out on my first solo service job next week. Should be interesting .... they thought I was kidding when I said that I was real good at "scattering" parts ... but gettin' that egg UNSCRAMBLED again is another story .
I like that, unscramble the egg... I'm gonna save that...
Originally Posted by 04ctd
me & mama got braces in today.
kinda amazing a guy my age needs them (you can see my age in my profile)
she has TMJ, and my bottom row was starting to get tight, was turning one.
Doc made us a discount to do them both, and my regular Dentist said was sure to prevent problems in the future.
but it hurts right now.....
Yeah, braces hurt... I had them when I was a kid. What Future? Don't you wear dentures already?
Originally Posted by jbjarko
Howdy all.

In class right now, just wrapping things up. Beennnn tired...getting like 4 hours' sleep a night after doing all this homework n' stuff.
Sorry you're so broke off, buddy. Hang in there, it's worth it. Keep your chin up. I buy Monsters by the case from sams, they are cheeper that way. Or, go get some NoXplode, it works pretty good, too.
Originally Posted by CIN'S DODGE
Leevi goes in for his blood work today,praying that his blood count went up again.keep ya'll informed.
Have a great Friday,be safe out there.Cin

Thanks for the chow and the coffee, Cin. Hope that Leevi does well today. LMK if there is anything that I can do.

Another (insert your own word here) day on Parris Island. Good, bad, or indeferent...101 days left!

Have a good one, all.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:06 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have returned from the edge of the earth
What a trip. At least I had a group that didn't have to unlearn anything. The systems are up and running like they are supposed to and the people are trained.
Now to do all the paperwork.
There are peaks out there that make Mount Mother @ Diego look like a pimple. Goats were having trouble getting around.
Rob, you at McKinney yet? Stopped by there for a couple of hours Wednesday to drop off equipment, pick up equipment, and get my access badge renewed. May be back out there in a couple of weeks. Got to give some of the "suits" a briefing on operations "down there". Ring me when you get a chance.
Finally got all new ball joints and tie rod ends under the truck. New tennis shoes and alignment is on the schedule for today. All the replacement parts were MOOG. A bit pricey, but worth it for the quality. Now just to figure out exactly what tires to put on it.
ready, time to get it.

3000milesscatteredover12daysmakesyousaddlesoreShor tround out
Old 09-07-2007, 06:32 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Morning ALL, a humid overcast dayhere,not as hot as yerterday.
Cin brekfast bags have arived,thanks.
Mad , must be about lunch time on right coast, have a good one.
Short Round ,get those people up to speed and get home before there is SNOW UN THE UPPER PASSES,

Don,know your off but maybe you will check in from a remote spot.
need to get with you on your project ,

nead to get buisy with my Jeep project also!

Janitor be down next week, hope classes are going well.
well back to it
CLAUDE TEA BREWED IN KAILEYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR
Old 09-07-2007, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While I wasn't a Marine, I used to do yard care for one (our neighbor) when I high school. He never hounded me about joining the Corps, but said if I wanted an appointmnt to the NA, he would put in a word. I still ended up in the Army, as that is what all my family served in from the start of America.
Our neighbor always told me, "It doesn't matter what branch you serve in, as long as you serve." (guess that was because he knew of the Army heritage) Need to go see him, as I hear he is in ill health. Some of you may have even served under him- Robert H. Barrow. I believe he retired in 1984.
Thanks to all who served and are serving. It is greatly appreciated.
VR,
Virgil
US Army 88-91
On a side note, my wife has a cousin graduating from Parris Island this week.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Good morning DTRonians!

Cold front passed though and dropped temps & humidity levels to livable! Great flying weather! Lots to do this weekend.

Going to see Jaba Chamberlin, Yankees & Alex Gordon, Royals play Sunday in KC. They were both tenants of mine and they have made it to the bigs! Maybe I can get an autographed baseball?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Chapter President

Morning guys and gals, and lizard/cavemen. Same old, same old, waiting on class, getting ready to hit the ground running for the rest of the day, going to take of at 1pm and go run some errands then come back and finish up, then figure out how much I've got to do this weekend.
DuallysFridayismorerelaxingthantherestoftheweekdog out
Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 AM

Mornin' all,

Houston, WX about the same hot, muggy with chance of Tstorms.

Everybody off to work or school. I get the kidlett at 2:30 and they gonna walk home with me.

CIN good aim, thanks for the packages, Shirley go hers also. Now for a good report on Leevi

04 you and momma, rin tin grin, had braces as a kid, be careful is my advice.

SR, who has more fun in their expense paid vacations, you of Fronty?
I enjoy reading both of your travelogs. Now you really going to have time to do some fun things on your truck?

Geico, have good flying. Enjoy the ball game. Go for the autograph ball, who knows you might get one. My sister has one autographed by Bob Feller of the Cleveland Indians.

JB and DD keep up the school work, it pays off in your future.

Hat, how you been with the pink eye and stuff. Hang in there. Illigitimi non carburundum!

Old Dog, like your carvings, and walking sticks. If I can I get a pix of the one my wife purchased in Germany. She had a good walking cane, but because it had a sharp point on the end for ice, with the rubber tip off, the brilliant TSA would not let her take in on the plane. Said in was a weapon.

Pistol, have fun on your first solo service call Been there, done that.

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 AM

Major frost on the pumpkin last night. Good thing wife and I picked the apples off the tree last night or wouldn't have gotten any. Horses would have had a good sized treat though.

There's a squirrel thats knocking all the pine cones off the trees in the yard. Just chews them off and lets them drop to the ground or they get hung up on other branches. Looks cute while he's doing it but what a mess that is. Does this for hours at a time.

Shoutround it's good to see you didn't fall off or a rattler didn't get you. Maybe you can take it easy for a while and relax a little. Make a video of the new dance steps you made up while hopping around that viper.

Hat thanks for the coffee this AM. Hang in there buddy. Your doing good...

Need to get at it so HAVE FUN AND DRIVE SAFE.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:16 AM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Heck yah Mad. I drink those Monsters and coffee a lot. I actually use Noxplode for my workouts, so when I need that extra kick I'll put some down. Stuff works though.

Puttin in another 12 hour day today. Gotta pay the billlls. lol. Plus I have a lot of little projects I need to get done at work. Hopefully today I won't get interrupted by everyone and I can accomplish my tasks at hand!!!

A lil overcast today. Aint gonna be too warm out hopefully. Anyway, that's about it.

I live a mighty boring life. My posts are always the same. School. Work. School. Work. I need some excitement.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:42 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

well, Im home. slept good last night. slept over 11 hours and I dont remember waking up once.
Yall be careful today, remember friday is a work day too. Im taking the day off.

Quick Reply: DTR Marine Corps Breakroom 070902-070908