Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Marine Corps Breakroom 070902-070908

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin... Claude... careful!!! FO... doesn't the taste of good adult beverages after a long (couple of days) dry spell make you feel better?

Coffee's on. Everybodys. Mine too.
Stay away... Got the pink eye in both eyes. I have loved being sick for 3 years straight with something or another...

Back to your regularly scheduled killin!!!

pinkhat
Old 09-05-2007, 03:53 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man does it ever.
after a dry spell like that it was mixed strong enough to know there was whiskey there, but not overwhelming...

If I could get back thru customs I would grab another, but I cant check in for another hour and half and I have 48 minutes of battery left.

On the subject of killing. there are roving patrols going on here (I didnt notice that the first trip thru here). three man teams, one with an MP5, the other two armed with the British bullpup 5.56.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Geesh whats all the noise in here Staff Sgt? Don't you know the Top Sgt needs his beauty sleep? Good coffee though, now where is the donuts? mmmmmm pink sprinklies.......

You put those pink sprinklies in your mouth instead of your eyes, you don't end up with pink eye Have a good day and remember Inspection in 5 minutes!
Old 09-05-2007, 04:19 AM

ok, 5 minutes is up, is inspection over? can I come out of hiding now?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Inspection?!?!? I had inspection over an hour ago... Revelie! Revelie! Revelie! Drop your...er...blankets and grab your... never mind. Lights was on at 0400, I was at the chowhall (which is a 1/4 mile away) in 12 minutes. Linen stripped off racks and folded neatly for turn in.

Pink sprinkles are in, Top. Morning report in triplicate...
Old 09-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Oh Alright! The Breakfast baggies have been launched! Had to fix the Launcher.Heidi's been playing around again,lol
Hat,thanks for the coffee this morning,needed more than usual,so sorry guys you didn't get any of Hat's coffee.hehehee.
Here's a coffee sock pot ready now.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:34 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Got the 1st dose of coffee. Anybody want to know the trick to avoiding claude's (kaleys) sock, I can PM the directions....

Watch the kiddies out there guys, not that anybody on here needs reminding.
Next county north had a teenage girl killed crossing the main road 1st morning of school yesterday. Had maybe 3 teens hit just up the road here this morning, 2nd day of school. Still waiting to hear conditions.

Anyway, sitting here waiting for the fax to kick on, but you won't catch me tapping my foot these days. A certain senator cramped THAT style...
Old 09-05-2007, 06:57 AM

Top called the inspection, I went to hide.

I know I wont pass...

After I found the one and only bar here (man I miss Schiphol), I had a couple double Johnny Walker's and lemonaids...
Old 09-05-2007, 07:01 AM

My power cord is about 2' short of allowing me to get comfortable....

I think they design airports to inconvience people...
Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
... and remember Inspection in 5 minutes!
Inspecton? If you'd stop droppin' pink sprinklies all over the place, we wouldn't NEED no stinkin' inspection! <dang office types!>

Heidi must be off to her camel races. Left me a voice mail last night and I see an email from her this AM. I haven't had much time for 'puterin' lately but I woulda liked to wish her 'good luck' before she left. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have plenty of pics and maybe even a video when she gets back!

I thought only babies, little kids and cows got pink eye. Must be a bad gene in Madhat somewhere!

Off to the dentist this AM for the final visit for awhile.

Have a good 'un!

chaikwa.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:43 AM

camel races???

No, I better not go there...
Old 09-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Chapter President

Dang it, I got hit by one of those donuts, and then sprinkled by sprinkles. It's a little foggy around my place this morning, but it's clear (minus the cloud cover) here at school.
It's rained at least for a short bit every day since Friday here. It's kinda nice unless your out on a fork lift.
Fronty how much longer until you take off? (And will you be sober enough to walk straight to the plane?)
Duallywetdog
Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 AM

Weather for today is going to be in the low 20's C just right. Dang leaves are starting to turn. Not a good sign. Oh well.

Old dog, Claude have you got any pic's of your carvings. Wouldn't mind taking a peek. 2nd and 3rd out of how many entrants?

Need to mow the lawn today. It's slowed down on the growing a lot but a few more times and I think we can put the mowers away for the winter.

Have fun and drive safe. Later...
Old 09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

YEA IVE GOT PICTS,JUST A PAIN TO TRY AND GET THEM ON HERE,DON`T KNOW WHY. SEND ME AN E-MAIL claudefdean@sbcglobal.net and ill send you some. Dont have numbers but it included the hole State. first you have to get a gold ribbon at regonal fair,then that gets you invitation to State.
I guess you would have to classify my carvings as cottage art or country, I dont do decoys and things like that where you put in every feather,(have done that ,BORING TO ME) NOW THEIR BEAUTIFUL BUT LEAVES NOTHING TO CARVERS IMAGINATION, EVERYTHING I DO IS FROM MY IMAGINATION AND NO PICTURES OR MODELS OF ITEM,(JUST THE WAY I ENJOY DOING IT.
EAVEN THEN I END UP WITH SOME LOOKING SIMULAR,i ENJOY DOING WOODSPIRITS , THEY ORIGINATED IN EUROPE(GERMANY, POLAND ,AUSTRIA, SWISS. AMD SO ON) THEY WERE HUNG IN SIDE DOOR IN ANCIANT TIMES ,IT WAS BELIVED THEY PROTECTED THE HOME AND RESIDENTS, THEY WERE ALSO CARVED ON WALKING STICKS & CANES , TO PROTECT THEM WHEN THEY WENT IN TO THE FOREST. (kIND OF INTERESTING HISTORY TO THEM)
ANY HOW A GOOD SHARE OF MY BLOOD LINE IS GERMAN, (DONT KNOW MAYBE THATS WHY I ENJOY CARVING THEM,
HEY I`M NOT TRYING TO KIDNAP THE THREAD,SO I`LL SHUT UP! i GET CARRIED AWAY SOME TIMES.
CLAUDE TEA, BREWED IN KEYLIES SOCK ( WOW WE SPELL HER NAME DIFFRENT EVERY TIME) HMMMM, hEY ANYONE WANTING PICTS JUST E-MAIL ME AND I`LL GLADLY SHARE THEM!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:58 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heidi, I have been busy for the last few days.. The CG knows how to find where-ever they need to be.... thats how we'll know where to come get you when your little tugboat decides to play submarine.....besides, we're the ones who put up the "street signs" remember?

Been busy, gotta take the "challenge" test on the 17Th to get my LEO certification re-instated after being semi-retired for 10 years. Been studying and acting like Duallydog going to school... the laws and tactics haven't changed much, but there has been a real explosion of case law and court rulings I need to catch up on... search and seizure is just a tad different !! I had kinda hoped Miranda had been lost somewhere, but no such luck..

Sent home my last training horse for the season yesterday, gonna spend the rest of the year concentrating on riding MY horse( only put about two hours on her all year so far), and hopefully have her in shape to take to the national show the end of October. I got challenged by a couple of buddies who do cutting and reining and have a small hefty bet( Two bottles of Crown Royal) riding on the outcome, so I gotta get her up to speed quick! I am at the point where I dont think I can win the bet, but just dont want to embarress myself too badly!

Gonna be going over to Oak Grove Mo this evening or this weekend to look at a new horse trailer, and then we'll be in the market for a 3/4 ton for the BOSS...I told her I'd get her a Ford 150 and she gagged!!! She wants a deisel, and wants to know how much smoke she can make without choking the horses!!! she has the bug for sure now...

Well, I should be out getting started on putting up that fence I have been "working on" all summer, but just cant get motivated..maybe more coffee first, and look, theres a John Wayne movie on TBS...I'll stretch wire this afternoon, if it dont rain....maybe....yea thats it.......

Quick Reply: DTR Marine Corps Breakroom 070902-070908