Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Marine Corps Breakroom 070902-070908

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 04:08 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No branding we are weaning the baby's off there mamas so we can ship the baby's to the sell yard.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:24 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dssimecek
Mornin' all,

Houston, wx ditto last few day, but a bit cooler, mid to hi 80s.
Starting foo-foo on back burner, boiling tea in a sock on the side burner. Have to go on the donut treasur hunt that CIN launched. Now I have to save the ones with Shirley's name on them.

Going to much older and much, much wiser sisters to enjoy the pool. Kidletts going somewere with their mom. Wheee.

DC great pix, what side of the camera were you on. Did you get your fangs fix yet, no more pain?

ChrisR?????

Jack, have a good day out there. You working day or night shift?

Wannabe, what happened to dinamite on them big rocks. Boom, and little rocks, if they split right.
Have fun in Vegas, have fun, and you should be able to talk your way out of anything.

Fronty, you sure get great vacations. How was the KFC there?

Hat, you got the day off today, or is it same-oh same-oh?

Have a good un, and be safe out there
I hooked up with one of the Canadians here and we found a "steakhouse" in one of the hotels here. They called it a steak house and it wasn't chicken. Really the steak wasn't that bad. I was a bit concerned because it was smothered in mushrooms and gravy, but it didn't taste bad.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
DC- nice area and would rather do YOUR kinda work( well at least get a hot shower)

NYS festival of balloons happens near me in town. over 120 take off early morning and evening en masse. float past the house here. you can chase them to a field and they will give you a sample of food from where they live in exchange for your wine here. (wine country with about 300 wineries)
kids can roll down the balloon and help load up. takes about 15 minutes in all.
sometimes the pilots will drop off their riders and take you up tethered (rope) for a look see around. then everyone helps flatten and fold the ballon and carry the basket, burn rack, to the chase crew van. at night , a glow (balloons propane fire up but sit on ground) happens to music and is just gorgeous to watch. three day festival with bands, vendors and lots of activities...ever try to grab money in a sideways (laying on the ground) balloon? too funny!!

other pics should be self- explanatory...

MADHAT! Glad you got some normal time!
FRONTY! whew! talk about around the world in 80 days! love to hear where you go next!
Husband is officially retired and wearing new uniform- t shirt and jean shorts
to mow the lawn- what is it about guys and lawns?
My next trip is going to be home. Im trying to get out today so I can make it thru Tokyo before the typhoon hits otherwise Im stuck in Singapore for a few days (across the street from orchard towers). When I get home, Im taking the rest of the week off and hopefully stay home thru most of the following week before I go back to the UK.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:34 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by old dog
Don, what shift you working ?
river has dropped back to drought stage again . how much more time we got on trout ?
weather should cool off now we can get buisy on s10 & jeep . ill be gone 13 -16 street rod nationals north ,at kalamazoo . other than that i`m ready , got to get some salmon two, did you read my post to you avout dish tv ?
CLAUDE tea brewed in kilys sock

Here til 11 tonight. Off tomorrow. 7-7 wed/thur. then off a few weeks. Might scout The Betsy for torpedos Saturday. I know they're starting to stack at the pire heads now. My cousin wants me to go out on the boat out of St Joe next week. Streams close the 31st, except the big water. Just had BK for dinner. I can't wait to cook some real food for a change when the vacation starts.

Had a trooper rear ended by a semi this morning, he was transported, but is alright now. Weekend's not quite over, watch it out there.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Got your hours all messed up haven`t they ,(now lets see am i going to work or comming home ?)
Got to make my final trip to Detroit and State Fair tomorrow, glad this is over> Going to stop at Brother-in-law`s in Clarkston area on way home, he has some cumputer parts for me. Hmm maybe i can upgade this thing .
wont be home until 7or 8 :00 , not a fun day

Don`t test out the road warior bumper on the way home !
talk wed then.
Ide tell everyone else to drive careful on the way home but they`ll be there when they read this.
CLAUDE TEA BREWED IN KILYS SOCK ,IT REALLY DOES ADD FLAVOR !
Old 09-03-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
just checking in...before my bunkie time...

tired, washed lawnmower & both bikes,

cut grass for few hours this Morning at neighbor's house.

found out, when the dew is on the grass, the front wheels won't steer you out of the ditch, had to get off and PULL it out by hand.

good grief...

i need a day off to rest from my day off....
Old 09-03-2007, 10:47 PM
DTR Mom

Talking evil snicker....

Originally Posted by Redleg
Hopping in here today. Got the full crew on and then some. Some money must have mysteriously turned up from the state.

Have a a set of 5.5" lift jeep coils getting dropped off today for the s10 project. Start vacation Friday and hopeing to start the axle swap next week or so.

JWBM, any of that stone ever get in the way, you can dump it here. It'll make a nice patio.

why, CIN taught me how to use her fax or launcher, wait for it......CRASH!!
happy to get all rocks horizontal ...will make them pretty MUCH later, stupid rocks are all vertical and all over- no soil to speak of...different way of life at 20 below i guess...YOU don't need a patio Don, you don't stay in one place long enough...ehehehheh good luck with your monster machine build!

Heidi wondering why I am not in bed sleeping...
Old 09-04-2007, 04:24 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, all. Coffee, foo, and tea on. I brewed it in one of my recruits socks, claude, tell me how it is...
First day that the recruits learn how to use their rifle to kill... should be interesting. Long days on the range.
Went to my kids football practice last night, he did pretty good, considering he is a shrimp. Proud of him, and I let him know it.

See ya'll later.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:07 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Goodmornin!!!!

LOL Heidi!That's pretty funny.There are breakfast bags going everywhere, if they hit you all in the noggins it's not my fault. Some of you may get 2 or more bags of breakfast.
Heidi was having some fun with it yesterday.hehehe

Mr.Senior Drill,coffee's pretty durn tasty this morning.
It just turn 6:00 am ,I got to start getting busy washing ,waxing, and detailing my truck.Talk to ya in a bit.Cin
Old 09-04-2007, 05:26 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

cant be much worse than what I have been drinking here...
Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 AM

Back to work. Made it through the weekend, little worse for the wear. Good to see all the old hands checking back in. Anybody need some rain? I think summer is over. Actually I think we have only two seasons: Sun and Rain. Course that keeps all the flatlanders away. Well, unfortunately, there's still bills to pay so off to work I go.

Be safe.

~Dave
Old 09-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drive-by posting this AM.

Coffee's acceptable.

Got two breakfast bags that landed on the roof.

Keep the breakroom clean.

chaikwa.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:33 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Just checking in before leaving for Detroit ,glad this is the last trip down there, got to pick up my wood carvings today.
have a good one ye-all!
Mad thanks for making the Tea, let you know how it taysted when i get back.
Claude
Old 09-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin again, drive by to fix some paperwork. Apparently, the statement, "SNR (said named recruit) is a pathetic excuse for a human being" is not an acceptable entry for the company commander. Shame, shame on the SDI...

Nother pot's on...
Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 AM

Don't hold back on those feelings SDI Madhat tell it like it is...

Mark Mark Mark I see we need to schedule a little shall we call it diversity/sensitivity training. writing on the black board 1000 times. I am a naughty SDI I am a naughty SDI

Cin thanks for the breakie, one was enough, full to the rim. How's the pup doing?

Heidi you weren't kidding when you said big rocks. Big challenge moving those into place. Looks like it's coming along real well. That tug doesn't look like it's double hulled, hope you carry a patch kit for it. You never know when one of those rocks are going to jump out at you.

Balloons look nice but after seeing the one that caught on fire and passengers jumped out, I don't know if I'll be going up in one soon...

Anything thats hidden in a bunch of mushrooms and gravy is suspect right off the bat. I don't care how good it tastes, I would like to know for sure where it came from.

No emergency runs yesterday. Everyone had all limbs attached when they left yesterday. They should be a little sore today though. I don't think they're use to that kind of work.

Have fun and drive safe.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Chapter President

Morning...afternoon...whatever, I'm waiting on a meeting then class, then work.
Duallybusydog

Quick Reply: DTR Marine Corps Breakroom 070902-070908