Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Drove a Toyota Tacoma Today

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Megadeth
Thats the joke. The new tundra commercials make it seem like they can pull and do anything but then they use Chevys to pull their race trailers..
Wow you just don't get it do you? Your right I guess Toyota should use their one ton tundra to pull that trailer. Oh wait a minute THEY DON'T MAKE ONE!

Simply amazing.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:18 PM

Saw this picture on another forum and thought it was funny. I had to edit it so thats why theres a big blank spot

That picture is hilarious. Can you PM me the original so I can email it to my friends that drive yotas?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jfaulkner
Wow you just don't get it do you? Your right I guess Toyota should use their one ton tundra to pull that trailer. Oh wait a minute THEY DON'T MAKE ONE!

Simply amazing.
You just don't get it either that it's just a joke. Jesus.

And why would Toyota use a truck that they are competing with? Why wouldn't they just use a semi?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:36 PM

jfaulkner seems a bit touchy, maybe he has to drive a yoda!!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Muted User

You just don't get it either that it's just a joke. Jesus.

And why would Toyota use a truck that they are competing with? Why wouldn't they just use a semi?
I know it was originally posted as a joke but some on here actually believe what they see on the Internet. They honestly don't understand why they're not using a Tundra to tow that trailer. Probably the same idiots that think because your Dodge will pull a trailer with 40k on it it's a good idea. They don't understand that pulling a load is only 1/3 the equation. You know that whole pesky stopping and controlling the load thing they don't think about.

I believe a semi would be a tad bit overkill don't you?

Originally Posted by rodsram
jfaulkner seems a bit touchy, maybe he has to drive a yoda!!
I don't have to do anything, but if the situation called for it I would't have a problem owning one, let alone driving it. If parents Toyota Solara, and my sisters Lexus is300 is any indication of the quality of that truck I'm game.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:26 AM

We got 4 toyotas and 3 cummins trucks on our driveway, ill swear by all of em', but they all have their own place. Not gonna use my tacoma to pull my trailers, and i'm not gonna use my dually to run a CNC controller to utah. The new tundras just as capable as a 2500 hemi truck, and the tundra DID stop my 10K enclosed better than my 1 ton chevy cutaway.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

"just as capable" ? ... I've never seen a Tundra carrying an 800 lb. 8-1/2' plow around? Are they capable of this now? just curious ...
Old 10-06-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Neight
I own a Tacoma and a Cummins and my Tacoma is only good for hauling butt across the dezert and the cummins does a great job of getting it there.

Nice desert truck!
Old 10-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Cool

You should check out the video of the Ford F-150 and Turdra in a frame twist test. The Ford OWNS IT. The Turda has 3 times the twist as the Ford. Thats great quality. They dont call it a "Toy" for nothing.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:24 PM

We've owned three Tacoma's and use them as dailey drivers and in the mountains come hunting season. They have been great trucks very reliable but not so comfortable. We have a 130 mile round trip to work three day's a week and can put 200,000 miles on them pretty quick. My brother is on his third Tundra/T-100 and has had very good luck with them also. Different trucks for a different jobs...
Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 PM

Next week, I am picking up my wife's 2008 4x4 Off Road Tacoma. It's her fourth in 10 years. Her 05' scrambles through our desert mountain back country like a mountain goat.

I can't blame her for not wanting anything else. Our Tacomas have never been to the dealer except for simple and infrequent maintenance.

Based on our experience, if Toyota ever introduces a 300 + HP, 600 + Pound Torque HD Toyota diesel, I wouldn't hesitate to consider it. If an HD Toyota's reliability record is consistently as good as the Tacoma's, "Katie bar the door".
Old 10-07-2007, 07:39 AM

A few months ago, a friend of mine saw a new Tundra that was being prepped for it's new owner. It was loaded with all the bells & whistles and had a sticker of 42 large.

42 grand would have bought my truck and provide me with alot of BOMBing cash, more truck, better mileage and probably better resale value. I bet Toyota dealers won't deal on new vehicles as much as Dodge dealers either.

Several guys at work have Tacoma's, they all seem happy, but none of them are truck guys. When one of them mentions their truck I'll ask what they're getting for mileage.

My response of "That's it?" will always bring a puzzled look from them when I tell them my little six gets better mileage.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:11 AM

I've been wondering this for a while now. How much does a full size mill van weigh? Those big metal container sheds they show on the new Toyota commercials? I think the bottom of the screen even says "actual demonstration".

I can't forsee a truck of this size pulling a metal container up and over a cliff.

On the flip side I have nothing to say bad about Toyota and their products. My first truck was a 89' 4x4 5 speed w/ the little 22re 4 cylinder. It had a total of 6" of lift on 33's, that little truck would take me anywhere and it was reliable to boot. I wish I never would of sold it but it got me what im driving today.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Banned

Exclamation

I would NEVER own or drive a Japanese truck.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
I would NEVER own or drive a Japanese truck.
Yea, me neither. I'll stick with my Mexican built Dodge with my Brazilan cast engine. Forget those darn foreign built (San Antonio Texas) Toyota's. I mean just read this article. Look how unamerican those Toyota people are only employing 2000 of the 100,000 applicants at their new 1.28 billion dollar American built plant. They should be ashamed of themselves dumping all that money in that local economy.

Quick Reply: Drove a Toyota Tacoma Today