Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Drinking under 21

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re:Drinking under 21

[quote author=matthopp link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=15#142953 date=1054129154]<br>I believe I actually drank more when I was underage in college than I do now after being out for over a year. Beer and BBQ was always around when growing up...Drinking wasnt a big deal for me in school and I admit I had some long nights, but we were always responsible. I even got in some trouble for it (underage) and had to scrub toilets for a 25 hours. It was a good lesson and now makes for a good story. After turning 21, i couldnt really afford to go to the bar every night. Now, I still love an ice cold beer after working on the truck all day and I still have an occasional long night, but I always make sure to be responsible about my drinking. Since turning 21, I have also cleared my record so I am officially &quot;innocent&quot;<br>[/quote]<br><br>Too much time at the Chicken?? Scrubbing toilets?? You must have been in the Corps.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:42 AM

[quote author=BarryG link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=15#142958 date=1054129692]<br>I hesitate to reply to this thread but what the heck. When I was younger I lived right on a state line. One side was 21 the other was 18. I lived on the 21 side. We routinely went over to the 18 side to buy it and return to drink it. However it was never really a problem getting it on the 21 side either even at 16. I was never a drunk just a kid who went out drinking frequently. I have since wised up. My dad was an alcoholic, I have seen several of my past friends end up dead from it and even seen some innocent bystanders killed by it. Drinking is just plain stupid no matter the context or pretext. IMHO it really is no different than any other drug (which I have done many of those as well when I was young). I have never been in an accident although there were many times that I should have been. I used to think it was fun to get messed up, wasn't hurting anybody, just having a good time. Most kids don't really think about their mortality when doing those types of things. More importantly they don't think about anyone else's mortality either and it happens all to frequently. Big Blue, I dont know you and you sound like a reasonable kid (just like most who do drink) but you yourself said you do it but don't know why. You need to answer that question. You should know why you do every single thing you do in life. You should never do anything for an unknown reason. Some reasons are better than others for sure. I personally feel that there is never a good reason to drink and I know prohibition is not coming back. I am sure I used to do those things to escape reality (that would be one of those crappy reasons), I also used to do it because there was nothing better to do (another one of those crappy reasons). Escape reality as mentioned earlier face it head on and deal with it correctly, boredom can be solved just by expanding your horizions a little bit. I had a great time and a lot of fun to be sure while doing it but I was extrememly lucky that I did not kill myself or someone else in the process. When I did decide to quit doing those things in my early 20's I caught a lot of grief from peer pressure but stood fast. Now some of those that gave me the most trouble about it are dead from it or might as well be. I now can't hardly stand to be around anyone who is drinking because when you are not you can really see what effect it has on the person who has (though they will tell you all night long that it had no effect on them). Ok Ok I will stop now though I could go on much longer. Blue or anyone else, no offense just think about what you do. Who has a hammer and a pry bar I can borrow to dismantle my soapbox? <br>[/quote]<br><br>Well said.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

&quot;What do yall think of people drinkin under the age of 21??Who's all done it??&quot;<br><br>&quot;I answered that question already.&quot;<br><br>I must have missed it. It is not o.k. for 18 year olds to drink because the prom king puked??? We've all lost to alcohol. We had lost more to suicide than drinking when I was in high school. I'll agree totally that there are too many people who have problems with alcohol. If there is a problem that needs to be handled, age has nothing to do with it.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:31 PM

[quote author=wheezer link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=30#142999 date=1054133791]<br>&quot;What do yall think of people drinkin under the age of 21??Who's all done it??&quot;<br><br>&quot;I answered that question already.&quot;<br><br>I must have missed it. It is not o.k. for 18 year olds to drink because the prom king puked??? We've all lost to alcohol. We had lost more to suicide than drinking when I was in high school. I'll agree totally that there are too many people who have problems with alcohol. If there is a problem that needs to be handled, age has nothing to do with it.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br><br><br>You cetainly did miss itWheezer!! Wheeeeeeeezer can you read?? I think you are only reading what you want to read. This must be a touch thread for you.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:32 PM

[quote author=Shaders 24v link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=30#143134 date=1054153864]<br>[quote author=wheezer link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=30#142999 date=1054133791]<br>&quot;What do yall think of people drinkin under the age of 21??Who's all done it??&quot;<br><br>&quot;I answered that question already.&quot;<br><br>I must have missed it. It is not o.k. for 18 year olds to drink because the prom king puked??? We've all lost to alcohol. We had lost more to suicide than drinking when I was in high school. I'll agree totally that there are too many people who have problems with alcohol. If there is a problem that needs to be handled, age has nothing to do with it.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br><br><br>You cetainly did miss itWheezer!! Wheeeeeeeezer can you read?? I think you are only reading what you want to read. This must be a touchy thread for you.<br>[/quote]
Old 05-28-2003, 03:41 PM

Do I drinK? Hell ya! Do I ever drink and drive? No! I know that there is a risk in drinking period- but I'm willing to take that risk. I am not willing to take the risk of drinking and driving. Besides- I could hurt some good luckin truck! :P<br><br>Oh yeah- BigBlue- stay away from those Margaritas- I know how you get on those!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I was into the booze well before my first double digit birthday...the home was riddled with alcoholism. We all drank and it was a nasty nasty mess. I was already in several major accidents before legal age. Broke my back in 7 places, all my left ribs, collar bone, thoracic artery hemmorhage yada yada yada, even stopped my heart. Plus many other times lives where lost with friends doing the same as myself.<br><br>Next month it will be 19 years sober. ;D<br><br>My early yrs were a huge mess and thanks to a power greater then myself, I lived.<br><br>Most young people will try the booze, some will not.<br>Some will be fine and some will self destruct...like I did.<br><br>I never had a conscience for a long time so partying and getting drunk did not matter to me. Then my conscience caught up to me but I was too far gone to change things myself. Be greatful you are asking and are aware of things that can happen when putting booze or drugs into the body.<br><br>Keep a firm grip on reality.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:52 PM

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=15#142933 date=1054125147]<br>Not true. With the exception of usually going about 5 mph over the speed limit, I don't do anything illegal. Never a dull moment around here... <br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey that's easy for you to say, with that new kid you got I'm sure there wont be a dull moment for at least 20 more years
Old 05-29-2003, 08:21 AM

;D
Old 05-29-2003, 08:45 AM

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=30#142992 date=1054132745]<br>Too much time at the Chicken?? Scrubbing toilets?? You must have been in the Corps. <br>[/quote]<br><br>No I was not a corps boy. I did enjoy going to the chicken to play some dominoes on a Friday afternoon though. As for scrubbing the toilets---I got caught with a beer in my hand, before the concert even got started. So I pleaded my case to the Judge and did some community service. (which even went on the resume (didnt say i HAD to do it though)