Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Drinking under 21

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Drinking under 21

I just stay home but I do sobber up quick tho. kinda sucks.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:21 PM

I'm 19 &amp; drink 3 or 4 times a month. If i only did legal things my life would be a lot more boring. <br><br>And no i would never drive after drinking.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:29 PM
DPG

What Hoss said. And for the same reasons. I don't use alcohol and never have, with one or two expeptions. And I'm 52 years old. I just don't need my reality altered.<br><br>DeWain
Old 05-27-2003, 09:09 PM

I don't remember..........<br>
Old 05-27-2003, 09:52 PM

Well after first seeing the prom king get expelled for barfing at a school dance back when I was in highschool and after losing a freind to it I pretty much stayed away from it. <br>BUT the biggest reason I stay away from it is watching the guests at weddings turn into complete morons. : I am a wedding Dj on the weekends and I have seen alcohol do<br> a number on people. Some will come up to me to request a song,the close talker routine falls in and they some how end up breathing on me. :-X Then they stumble away. I usually say to my wife who is my partner,if I ever act like that a formal gathering or in general just shoot me.<br> <br>But I must admit beer muscles are fun to watch.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:43 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

around these parts 19 is legal. 18 in other parts of the country.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Banned

I never claimed what I was doing was right. I know the consequences of my actions. But sometimes it comes down to it. I know. Stupid excuse. But when you don't plan on being the designated driver and then suddenly you are, what are you going to do. It's even harder cause we do it behind our parents back. Most of our parents would skin us alive (yes mine know I drink and they know how much I drink). So we can't call them to get us and all of our friends are there with us to so that doesn't work. If I can avoid it, I try not to drive after drinking. But if I absolutely, positively, no way to get out of it, have to drive, then I will. Unless I have had more than 1 or 2. Anything over 2 and I refuse to drive. No matter what. I love my truck, my friends, and my family WAY to much. If my friends have had more than 2, you can guarantee that they aren't getting the keys to my baby.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:15 AM

A couple of questions for yah Big Blue, if you know what you are doing is wrong,then why do it?? Forget the whole &quot;life is about taking chances issue&quot;. Having a couple of drinks and driving and possibly getting into an accident is not a &quot;take chances&quot; issue in my book.

&quot;I know the consequences of my actions??&quot; Would one of those consequences include killing an innocent person??

&quot;we do it behind our parents back&quot;

Didn't they buy you your truck?? Your parents?? ( I thought I read that in one of your posts a while back)

I don't mean to preach but I just can't imagine acting like that with a $30K-$36K truck that my parents gave to me. Let alone any vehicle!!

Just something to think about!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:03 AM

I'm a social drinker.<br><br><br>I drink to be sociable. <br><br><br>I don't have a drinking problem either.<br><br><br>I can drink alone or with somebody No Problem. <br><br><br>DB
Old 05-28-2003, 04:19 AM

I went in the Navy at 17 and got out when I was 21. To say the least, I drank 100's of times more before I turned 21; I'm sure it took years off my life. Hey, I lived up to the whole drunken sailor thing anyway....
Old 05-28-2003, 07:32 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=TX Ram link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=15#142767 date=1054084886]If i only did legal things my life would be a lot more boring. [/quote]<br><br>Not true. With the exception of usually going about 5 mph over the speed limit, I don't do anything illegal. Never a dull moment around here...
Old 05-28-2003, 07:47 AM

[quote author=Shaders 24v link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=15#142910 date=1054106159]<br>A couple of questions for yah Big Blue, if you know what you are doing is wrong,then why do it?? Forget the whole &quot;life is about taking chances issue&quot;. Having a couple of drinks and driving and possibly getting into an accident is not a &quot;take chances&quot; issue in my book.<br><br>&quot;I know the consequences of my actions??&quot; Would one of those consequences include killing an innocent person??<br><br>&quot;we do it behind our parents back&quot; <br><br>Just something to think about!<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>I think the question here was about the legal age. Yeah, you will take a chance if you drive after drinking. That applies to everyone that drives. If it was legal, (don't quote me here, I'm not a parent nor intend to be) would there not be that issue of &quot;doing it behind our parents' backs?&quot; Kids would be a little more open with their parents, if it was legal. I don't think they would be afraid that their parents would &quot;wring their necks&quot; if they called home to say that they are spending the night at someone's house because they have been drinking. When they get home the next morning, if the issue is of their DRINKING, the parents and kid can all talk about it. They can deal with it at home the next day. Hopefully in a calm, cool manner. Didn't they show some respect by not driving? If not, dad could go over there and commence &quot;neck wringing&quot; .
Old 05-28-2003, 08:39 AM

I believe I actually drank more when I was underage in college than I do now after being out for over a year. Beer and BBQ was always around when growing up...Drinking wasnt a big deal for me in school and I admit I had some long nights, but we were always responsible. I even got in some trouble for it (underage) and had to scrub toilets for a 25 hours. It was a good lesson and now makes for a good story. After turning 21, i couldnt really afford to go to the bar every night. Now, I still love an ice cold beer after working on the truck all day and I still have an occasional long night, but I always make sure to be responsible about my drinking. Since turning 21, I have also cleared my record so I am officially &quot;innocent&quot;
Old 05-28-2003, 08:43 AM

[quote author=wheezer link=board=10;threadid=15182;start=15#142939 date=1054126059]

&quot;I think the question here was about the legal age.&quot;

UHH I am aware of that chief and I answered that question already.

I was just asking him some questions about the statements he was making above.
[/quote]
Old 05-28-2003, 08:48 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I hesitate to reply to this thread but what the heck. When I was younger I lived right on a state line. One side was 21 the other was 18. I lived on the 21 side. We routinely went over to the 18 side to buy it and return to drink it. However it was never really a problem getting it on the 21 side either even at 16. I was never a drunk just a kid who went out drinking frequently. I have since wised up. My dad was an alcoholic, I have seen several of my past friends end up dead from it and even seen some innocent bystanders killed by it. Drinking is just plain stupid no matter the context or pretext. IMHO it really is no different than any other drug (which I have done many of those as well when I was young). I have never been in an accident although there were many times that I should have been. I used to think it was fun to get messed up, wasn't hurting anybody, just having a good time. Most kids don't really think about their mortality when doing those types of things. More importantly they don't think about anyone else's mortality either and it happens all to frequently. Big Blue, I dont know you and you sound like a reasonable kid (just like most who do drink) but you yourself said you do it but don't know why. You need to answer that question. You should know why you do every single thing you do in life. You should never do anything for an unknown reason. Some reasons are better than others for sure. I personally feel that there is never a good reason to drink and I know prohibition is not coming back. I am sure I used to do those things to escape reality (that would be one of those crappy reasons), I also used to do it because there was nothing better to do (another one of those crappy reasons). Escape reality as mentioned earlier face it head on and deal with it correctly, boredom can be solved just by expanding your horizions a little bit. I had a great time and a lot of fun to be sure while doing it but I was extrememly lucky that I did not kill myself or someone else in the process. When I did decide to quit doing those things in my early 20's I caught a lot of grief from peer pressure but stood fast. Now some of those that gave me the most trouble about it are dead from it or might as well be. I now can't hardly stand to be around anyone who is drinking because when you are not you can really see what effect it has on the person who has (though they will tell you all night long that it had no effect on them). Ok Ok I will stop now though I could go on much longer. Blue or anyone else, no offense just think about what you do. Who has a hammer and a pry bar I can borrow to dismantle my soapbox?

Quick Reply: Drinking under 21