Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Don't Stop..................................... <credits roll>

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Don't Stop..................................... <credits roll>

Anyone else not impressed with the Sopranos finale?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Chapter President

I will be watching it tonight, too busy lastnight. From what I have heard, tring to zone them out, it was less than impressive. Even heard on TV that some customers are cancelling their service with HBO.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:56 PM

Brilliant ending I thought. If you read the credits at the end, the guy that was sitting on the stool looking over at Tony and then got up to use the restroom was listed as - Man on Stool/Phil Leotardo's brother/Nick Leotardo. Phil was the NY boss who got wacked at the end and then was run over by the Explorer in the gas station. That was just one of the few hints that the story is not over....A movie version will be coming out in a year or two. And I have more inside info for anyone who is a fan. Its nice to have firends in high places, and I also cancelled HBO, only subscribed to it for the show.

Bada Bing

Old 06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Banned

I watched a few minutes of that show a couple weeks ago and I lost interest.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 PM

it made me mad......they will ave a different series in a few years.....they hhave to!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:45 AM

I thought that it was the best that they could do for the end. No matter what they came up with, alot of someones would be unhappy. I look at it this way, Chase is leaving the ending to you and your imagination. Although I couldn't help but think that the dude on the stool was gonna do a Godfather and come out of the bathroom with a gun.

Hey, Phil got his, and he needed to get it . Didja ever notice that other than big Carmine, all the other NY guys who moved up got a holier than thou attitude ? little Carmine, Johnny Sac, and then Phil? Tony is one thing, but NY is just a mess...

BTW, you really need to start watching the whole thing from the beginning (season 1) to really get a handle on what is happening. If not, the show just does not appeal.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally watched it last night.

I took it as thus: We, the viewer, were wacked.
We didn't hear it coming, and never new it happened.
We can't look into the world of the Soprano's anymore, as we are sleepin' wid' the fishes.

I actually thought I lost my DirecTV signal for 8-10 seconds, but then read the various forums discussing it.
No, it wasn't the ending I was expecting, wasn't the ending I was hoping for, but it was an ending.

phox