Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Don't ship with Purolator!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Don't ship with Purolator!

ARRRGGG!!!!

After two phone calls this morning and one yesterday all confirming that yes my tranny parts would arrieve today I decided to go ahead and start tearing the truck apart in preperation of the new Torque converter and Valve body.

But apparently somebody doesn't know the difference between Cochrane and Camrose and my parts ended up in Edmonton!!!

So now they won't be here untill Monday so now I'll be three days behind in getting the truck ready for Moab.

So ok crap happens but what really PO'd me was that their tracking system sucks! I can learn more about a package being shipped on Canada Posts website than the Purolator operator could accessing their system direct. They couldn't even confirm to me what address they had on file for it to be shipped to.

When I remarked that Canada Post had way better tracking than they did and their response was that yes they are working with an old system but its being upgraded and will be online soon. I asked how long..... 2010 she said.

YA right ok maybe I'll deal with them again in 2011, NOT!

Don't ship with Purolator, I've had good dealings in the past with DHL and Canada Post.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:53 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
For what little it is actually worth, I have had exactly NO luck with Purolator, or DHL, and marginal success with canada post.

That being said, there are some private carriers that I use, and believe it or not, Greyhound. Only once have I had a problem with Greyhound service, and when I pointed out what was going on, they were on it like a fat kid on a smartie. Less than 10 minutes, I knew where the package was, and it arrived exactly when they said it would. Although it was still a bit of a screw up, it could have been much (DHL / Purolator ) worse.

If you want an example. PuroAir. Next day service, guaranteed. Yup, to somewhere. 2 pieces of freight, picked up at the same location, same time, same day. same size, within 3lbs in weight. Piece 1 comes air, next day, no problem. Piece 2 of SAME SHIPMENT gets sent by ground, arrives 7 1/2 days later. No explanation as to why, when both pieces were on the same waybill, and marked as Priority Air, one was shipped via ground. Do they really drive that fast???

Enough for now, stay with the little guys, and maybe things will work better in the future.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greyhound is the only one that would ship my aluminum bumper off my '98 to the gentleman that bought it in Quebec. They even came and picked it up from my garage. No one else wanted any part of it.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:07 PM

Sad thing about Purolator is they are owned by Canada Post and Canada Post is better at delivery something than their own courier service, go figure!!

Jeff
Old 04-27-2007, 10:54 PM

You think that's bad.....DHL thought AK meant Arkansas.
They also state they deliver in Alaska which is false, only to the Anchorage area. We have only USPS that deliver to the bush and UPS in general areas.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Banned

I thought purolator was an oil filter?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
See? THIS is how you get 12,000 posts!

We use Fedex almost exclusively and no problems yet.

chaikwa.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:36 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Oh boy! See what an advanced university education does for the youth of today. BTW, both the filter and the courier companies start with a capitol "P".
(there is a deliberate mistake in the above sentence, see if you can find it)
There BB, that above should give you ammo for at least another 6 posts.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Banned

Hey, they don't teach us things like how to spell and read and write and do math. They teach us things like greek mythology and the molecular shape of a compound. Heaven forbid they teach us something useful.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
[QUOTE=Mexstan;1483260]

Found it.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:25 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
You think that's bad.....DHL thought AK meant Arkansas.
They also state they deliver in Alaska which is false, only to the Anchorage area. We have only USPS that deliver to the bush and UPS in general areas.
I get that all the time working in AR. I hear "Is that Arizona or Alaska?". I asked one telemarketer "where the blanking "R" was in alaska?", she responed, oh, must be Arizona. so I told her what ever.

dont feel bad, I did too...
Old 05-04-2007, 08:58 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
This may help you decide who to ship with:

http://www.livescience.com/othernews...kage_race.html
Old 05-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Muted User

The problem with DHL is that their "Next Day Air" isn't guaranteed. It's more of a suggestion, which is fine except they still charge you the higher rate and deliever it when they feel like it.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I get that all the time working in AR. I hear "Is that Arizona or Alaska?". I asked one telemarketer "where the blanking "R" was in alaska?", she responed, oh, must be Arizona. so I told her what ever.
I needed that today!
Old 05-05-2007, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Oh boy! See what an advanced university education does for the youth of today. BTW, both the filter and the courier companies start with a capitol "P".
There BB, that above should give you ammo for at least another 6 posts.
Capital doesn't have an 'o' in it.

Greyhound, USPS/Canada Post and DHL have been good to me. Greyhound and DHL were only from BC though, no cross border stuff. I despise UPS, and don't care much for Fedex either. UPS has held up my package at the border for 4 weeks because the shipper only put my first name on, and they didn't know if it was a business or residential. But it took 5 phone calls to clear it up. The first four, they just asked me to confirm my address. They also like to take my credit card for brokerage (which is outrageous enough), then not use it and send my bill to creditors. Phone them, they tell me they made a mistake, and it has gone through. 2 weeks later, get more letters from creditors for outstanding bill. They've done that to me 3 times.

Fedex just drops my package off at my house, and leaves. They don't ring the door bell, they don't get a signature, just drop it and leave. Then a month later, send me a bill for it. What if it was the wrong address? What if someone picked it up before I got home? They expect me to pay.

I try to use Canada Post/USPS whenever I can to avoid these hiccups, but some vendors will only use one place.