Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Don't let this happen to you

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Stamey
If you happen to have a tire handy, and loop the chain through it, it might help, depending on where the chain breaks. It will certainly slow it down.
I suppose using it in the middle of 2 chains would allow some give, but then you'd need 2 blankets, to go over each chain.
I snapped a chain once, in my younger, dumber days. Fortunately it only dented the tailgate and trim panel.

Chris
My uncle tryed to pull this 4X4 Ford out once when I was a kid,well his prize milking cow got hit in the head when the chain broke,I cant remember what part hit her,but she was never the same,she lived many more years but walked in circles most of the time after that.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 4" tow strap with a big flat hook on one end, and a loop on the other. Total length is about 15 feet. I have used it many times to pull someone off the road or get them/myself unstuck. The last time was to pull a ferd with 2 pick up trucks on a 35' gooseneck trailer who ran out of fuel on the bridge. The one thing I do for safety, is keep the strap short. I go from the hitch to and around the cross member one complete time, then back to the hitch. The loop is connected to the hook and the ball.