Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up!

Open post to the Admins,

If your going to have some fun and smack me with a name change at least pony up and say why.

Heck the "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up!" fits about 98% of the posters in the political section. That said I don't post with BS numbers that are passed off as fact so I sure hope the name change did not come from some of the recent fictitious numbers posted to counter some of my positions.

Being a "Devils Advocate", what I really am, means that I pick a side that may be counter to the popular feeling to see if those people actually mean what they say. You guys really don't want a bunch of posting bots that just parrot the popular themes do you?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From your posts it kinda seems like you are on the illegals side... Not sure if you really are or not, but that is what I kinda gathered from your posts.. That is probably why they are ganging up on you. Shoot, if you really are a "Illegal apologist" then I would do the same thing they did and more. Illegals need to go and so does anyone who thinks they shouldn't.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kubotam125x
From your posts it kinda seems like you are on the illegals side... Not sure if you really are or not, but that is what I kinda gathered from your posts.. That is probably why they are ganging up on you. Shoot, if you really are a "Illegal apologist" then I would do the same thing they did and more. Illegals need to go and so does anyone who thinks they shouldn't.
I say kill em all and let God sort em out.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by 15 Digger
I say kill em all and let God sort em out.
I would be fine with that.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kubotam125x
You need to read all the posts to get the full picture.

I do not support the illegals (knowingly anyway) but I am also just as against those that say shoot them all or that they are the cause of all the crime. Not very christian of you to think it is okay to do that or that you would think they are guilty by birth.

I support 1070 but some on here feel that it would be best just to shoot all those that look Hispanic as they think 1070 does not go near far enough.

And your post also comes back to one of my recent themes that no matter what you post about it goes back to the illegals as the problem.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

I do believe that signs should be posted warning of the sooting on sight. These illegals hurt the economy and bring in drugs which effects national security. Their corrupt government for a price will also let in terrorists through these same routes. I am tired of the liberal mentality here. When I am unemployed there is a limit on how long I can collect. I cant get free medical, or any of the benefits they get from my tax dollar. This is a crime against the hard working american people. It needs to stop by whatever means necessary. I feel all those that hire illegals and don't take out taxes and verify their status should be jailed, heavily fined and put out of business. This will stop their incentive to come here.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:39 PM
DTR Mom

Wink

gotta agree with the Idaho guy here ADMINys....

Devil's Advocate was his title for a reason, held in political court thread, so his opinion can't be subject to disciplined /public admonishment via the registered user title. If it was a joke on him, it does not sound like it was appreciated. He can't change it, you guys can. So it now becomes a forced title condecently. i.e. Scarlet letter......

like taking one statement out of context too.

Mom says play nice boys, give him back his devil title please.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:40 PM
DTR Mom

I do believe that signs should be posted warning of the sooting on sight. These illegals hurt the economy and bring in drugs which effects national security. Their corrupt government for a price will also let in terrorists through these same routes. I am tired of the liberal mentality here. When I am unemployed there is a limit on how long I can collect. I cant get free medical, or any of the benefits they get from my tax dollar. This is a crime against the hard working american people. It needs to stop by whatever means necessary. I feel all those that hire illegals and don't take out taxes and verify their status should be jailed, heavily fined and put out of business. This will stop their incentive to come here.
let's keep it in the thread please and thank you...
Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
gotta agree with the Idaho guy here ADMINys....

Devil's Advocate was his title for a reason,
Indeed it was, because he REQUESTED it, NOT because he earned it. Titles here are earned by a members actions and they fit the individual It is done tongue in cheek and with a hearty as you will note most are not very flattering but thats how Guys play with each other.

Whats the matter Andy, can't you take a joke?

There are MANY members here that have earned several names over the years, I have yet to see one of them crying about it in the forums though...... well until today.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
There, it's changed back. I didn't do it, but I'm glad it's done. You can stay with registered user for now.

Please go back to posting on the forum in accordance with the rules. Have a nice day.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned

Not crying Lary but if you want to play then play, it is better to know who you are playing with then not knowing. I really just wish I knew the post that got the latest change. I am more then willing to go along with a joke. The original name was a request as it fit (you agreed at the time), some of the subsuqent names fit at the time but the latest was just confusing.

Sorry I didn't get your joke.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
You are correct Andy I did agree with it at the time but you no longer post as a devils advocate, your latest posts have just been angry, baiting attempts to get someone to fight with you.

A Devils Advocate as I told you before, posts coherent counterpoint to show the flip side of an argument, that is not what you have been doing. Just because you call yourself a Devils Advocate, it doesn't make you one. You are just one of those guys that likes to dish it out but can't take it in return, which is why your posts have all turned so angry.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
let's keep it in the thread please and thank you...
Is my thread not about illegal aliens? What about the liberals that allow them to live here and get the handouts they get. Is this just my imagination? Am I not allowed my opinion about this. This concerns the people of this country. Do we not have a say in the things that effect this country?. You will hear my opinion. Whether you like it or not. This country will be better of without them. Or you should lay down and become part of it. If you don't defend your way of life you will become their way of life. Hope you're first.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Banned

Lary - I haven't changed I still take the accusations of being a liberal (and all the names that go with that umbrella), illegal loving, idiot with a grain of salt and respond with mostly coherent and well written posts. I some times stray but then nobody is perfect.

It is hard to take the other side without being accused of baiting and that is one reason why I seldom start threads as these are real easy to see a baiting but they are never angry.

Anyway I will work on getting back my Nom de Plume restored.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Banned

Is my thread not about illegal aliens? What about the liberals that allow them to live here and get the handouts they get. Is this just my imagination? Am I not allowed my opinion about this. This concerns the people of this country. Do we not have a say in the things that effect this country?. You will hear my opinion. Whether you like it or not. This country will be better of without them. Or you should lay down and become part of it. If you don't defend your way of life you will become their way of life. Hope you're first.
Actually the thread was about my name change but hey you didn't make the first comment about illegals so you didn't put it off topic.

Quick Reply: Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up!