Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Don Ramer and ATS Split?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Don Ramer and ATS Split?

[quote author=GONZO link=board=8;threadid=17059;start=0#159992 date=1058241812]<br>Who really cares,,,if you would have been paying attention you would have known that happened months ago. Is your life that boring that you need to know what everyone else is doing. <br><br>ATS's product is still every bit as good as it was when Don was working there. Now look deeply in your TV guide for a really lousy reality TV show so you can know what the rest of the free world is doing.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Are you referring to me? Even if not, with the Admin. position that you have, that is a poor thing to say to someone. That is what we have PM's for, remember? <br><br>Bill
Old 07-14-2003, 11:17 PM

[quote author=Farmall link=board=8;threadid=17059;start=15#159993 date=1058242450]<br><br>Are you referring to me? Even if not, with the Admin. position that you have, that is a poor thing to say to someone. That is what we have PM's for, remember? <br><br>Bill<br>[/quote]<br><br>If the shoe fits,,,,,, you continued to push, the subject is dead, drop it.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:09 PM

People have asked questions regarding my leaving ATS Diesel Performance Inc. First of all I just want to say that whatever questions anyone has on this issue please ask in a professional manner and they will be answered.

However, I will not fling mud at anyone nor will I let this thread get out of hand. I have had many years working with diesels and power plants prior to ATS. I wanted to get back into the career of first nature. I worked for the Caterpillar Engine Division.

All of my work was with the 3400-3600 series engines. I wanted to continue my career in the industrial field and do things that put me back around that realm. My career also had me operating heavy machinery during the engine rebuilds in the field. I used cranes and other large machinery to rebuild field engines.

I wanted to step down from my position at ATS to work on furthering my industrial career. I had involvement with steel and aluminum prior to that, with production and fabrication using robotic equipment for welding and positioning. We built part fixturing for manufactures. My experience with the industrial field gave me many years of being around Hydraulics, Electrical and Mechanical systems that were powered by diesels.

My experiences went further back on rebuilding Fair Bank Morris engines and many other power plants, Gas compression units, Generators, Oil Rigs, Shredders, Machines that would inject high pressure water in the ground to fracture the wells etc. I worked on Diesels that would get conversions to wellhead gas; the injectors would get removed and replaced with spark plugs. I would spec out pistons, heads, turbo’s and the fuel systems for any type of high power unit.

This background gave me many good skills to help work with ATS since they fabricate, Weld, Machine Parts, and work with hydraulics. Working on building things was always second nature for me so it was lots of fun to help out and work on new never before type projects.

ATS has some great skills with the people that work there so we had lots of fun doing things with transmissions, Engines, Torque converters, and electronics. I liked to work with new projects like the ball bearing turbo chargers, the VP44 fuel pumps and injectors when I was not working on transmission parts. This wide variety of menu gave me the new visions every day to work on.

I know we all have brand preferences and that’s fine. I know we all have reasons for the different brands and that’s fine too. But without all of the multi business out there working hard to give all of us the things that we want, it would be dull and look what it has brought to the market from the outcome of competition.

So I have moved on my way to do new things of interest and that’s all. I support ATS and the work they do with respect. I further respect all of the other companies out there whether it’s from competition or not the great job they due in this market place.
It’s second to none. So please know that I use most of the brand parts all of you do too. I still am working on new stuff on my own with great results. I wanted to put the hobby type fun back into my life. I like to turn up any diesel and I look for new ways of doing things.

I am not picking sides of the market and wish not to be labeled under bias. I have equipment on my truck from many different companies. Not one company can make it all so it takes many to get what we all want. I also had a new son that’s four years old and my time with him was non-existent. So any of you with kids know what that’s all about.

I work for a company here in Castle Rock Colorado setting steel girders, it’s a 60,000-pound crane made by Terex it has the C-15 cat 14.6 liter engine 475hp at 1650 ft lbs with a fuller RTO 16908LL 10 speed with double low and overdrive. 66,000 pound class unit. I just wanted to go back into the field again for a while, feels good.

My involvement with the DTR has been for these reasons. The type of forum it is and how it handles the members. The DTR has always remained free to the public and Jack Thorpe always gave people a place to come without asking for bucks.

Please know that I got to know Jack when he first opened the site. As the market changed Jacks site always remained the same as for the content and flavor. I have always been a supporter of this site and when making my decisions to exit ATS I have thought about the possibility of purchasing the DTR from Jack to help continue its forum and growth. I wanted the addition of other vehicles and more to help bring information further forward to help others.

Jack was dealing with a very long time illness with his mother and this had introduced major strain on him along with taking care of his primary job and family. I wanted to help out with watching over the site when needed. The DTR has been a second source of fun and a place to come to talk with others. The members here are great and very supportive.

That’s what keeps the DTR going, volunteer work done by many people here to make it what it is. We again have choices of preference and this is one of mine the DTR.

There was a statement made about ATS having a claim to the DTR, that’s false. ATS has no advantages than any other paying advertiser or supporter. Further more I have NO further connection to ATS or them to me. I have moved on to do my own work and enjoy the thrill of that. I have enjoyed the challenge of the Dodge Cummins pickup and will remain bias to the truck construction; it’s one of the best trucks in the market in my opinion. So I drive a Cat also, I like yellow iron as well.

I also wanted to say thanks for all of the friends and people that have supported me in some of the hardest times, with my career and family. I wanted to raise my son right and give him more time with his dad. So with that said I’m sure the answers are out on the table.
Don Ramer
Old 08-23-2003, 01:15 AM

As one crusty old sergeant said not too long ago - enjoy the young-uns whilst they are still young-uns - they grow up too fast as it is. Good luck in all your endeavors and make sure that &quot;Dad&quot; is the hat worn most frequently.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:20 AM
Banned

So Don, which do you prefer? ATS? Or DTT? Just joking with ya.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:29 AM

Your right they grow up fast. Its nice to spend time with him.

I was missing so much and didnt even know it. That was the hard part.

He would look at all my tools and want to know how to use them.

He just wanted my time no matter what Im doing.

I'm enjoying the new 10 speed fuller for a while, it's nice stepping back from the auto's for a bit.

Been thinking of some fishing and fresh air might be good before the snow starts flying here in Denver. :

Thanks for the reply

Don
Old 08-23-2003, 10:05 AM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=17059;start=15#msg175911 date=1061619642]
So Don, which do you prefer? ATS? Or DTT? Just joking with ya.
[/quote]
I would have to say the new tqshift tranny Ford has is SWEET :uke::
DM01
Old 08-24-2003, 01:55 AM
Banned

Old 08-24-2003, 08:22 AM

[quote author=Don Ramer link=board=10;threadid=17059;start=15#msg175890 date=1061611796]
I also had a new son that’s four years old and my time with him was non-existent. So any of you with kids know what that’s all about.....................
..............I wanted to raise my son right and give him more time with his dad. [/quote]

Don,
That part about your son is the most important of all that you said. The advice from this old man is, don't forget it!! It is so easy for a &quot;work-a-holic&quot; to get too busy in whatever he does and get right back in the rut of letting the job become more important than family.

Years ago my son was an over-the-road trucker, a job he loved and had dreamed about all his life. One day when he was home he asked his three year old son, &quot;Who's boy are you&quot;? Chris pointed to me and said, &quot;I'm Grandpa's boy&quot;. (Chris had spent much more time with Grandpa than with Dad). He quit the trucking and got a 9 - 5 job - home every day &amp; weekends. Today he has 3 teenagers and he'll tell you he has never regretted making the change.

The best of luck with your new endeavers and especially with your family.

May God go with you and bless you and your's,

Stan