Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dog kills Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as picking up the dog crap. I have a fix and have used it before.

When I was still in the Navy, I was living in base housing. We had some of the lovely mail slots in the doors that went right into the livingroom.

I also had this officers wife ( I was enlisted) that would walk her dog and let it leave packages for my kids to walk in. After a few months of this I got tired of it and asked her to pick it up 1 day. She snottily said " Well I dont have a bag to get it with". I told her to wait a minute and I would get her 1.

She then proceeded to walk off. Well being the smarta** that I was back then, I went and got some cardboard and scooped it and a few other dogs packages up and followed her home.

When she went into her house, I waited a few minutes for her to settle down. I then went and opened her mail slot and returned the package her dog had delivered to my yard.

Needless to say I did not have any more packages in my yard.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:46 PM
ZS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand ANYBODY who lets their supposed 'loved' pet wander around loose - Dog or Cat!

Yes, I can see having a bunch of cats in and around the barn in a farm sitution where they're keeping a rodent problem in check & they're in the country where they won't bother anyone.

I love cats - Have two of them, but I echo what someone else said - There's nothing worse than these so called 'out door' cats spraying everything in sight - ESPECIALLY when they see through basement windows that you have a cat in doors. The 'outdoor' cats constantly spray on the windows and foundation of the house...**** after a heavy rain the SMELL that gets into the house from this is terrible! They also spray all over the deck, on the chairs, BBQ cover, etc... Every so often I have to take a diluted bleach solution & a power washer to get the smell down so I can enjoy sitting on my deck!

Now, my cats LOVE to go out side - But both have harnises and they get tied up in the yard and/or on the deck.

Of course over the years I've had to deal with both stray dogs & cats that try to attack my tied up animals.

SO - ya the amount of money in this case was HIGH, but if there was a repeated history here and this guy ignored the warnings, then he deserves it!

ZS