Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dog kills Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by George&cheryl
I think I'll stay right here and exercise my 1st admendant right, I've been on the internet long enough to know how large it is
For the next 30 days you can exercise your 1st amendment right elsewhere. Profanity will not be tolerated here. And your outburst has earned you a 30 day suspension.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
For the next 30 days you can exercise your 1st amendment right elsewhere. Profanity will not be tolerated here. And your outburst has earned you a 30 day suspension.
YAY LARY!!!!!

You just saved me a dingin' for exercising MY 1st amendment rights.
What a jack )(.......
Old 05-11-2005, 11:44 AM

my dogs never eats cats
Old 05-11-2005, 01:47 PM

"For the next 30 days you can exercise your 1st amendment right elsewhere. Profanity will not be tolerated here. And your outburst has earned you a 30 day suspension".

Unfortunately, some topics can create very heated responses.
Thanks Lary.

As for the Dog kills cat story update, the dog got into the backyard and had done so numerous times. The cat had a nack for agitating the dog from what sources were saying. I'm all for some sort of compensation if the dog came into the yard, but 45k. I dont get it (45k), the 70 old woman saved the stray cat from the streets 12yrs ago in Indian. Come on, only in Washington or California would I expect such nonsense. Old woman quoted "I wanted to go over and shoot the dog 1st, then the owner, then I decided to get a lawyer".
Old 05-11-2005, 02:24 PM

45k. cat

I don't care how special that cat was to her, there is no cat on this earth that is worth that much! He should sue her for threatening his life!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:28 PM

I don't think it's about the value of a stray cat. It's about the neighbor's irresponsible attitude about their obviously vicious dog. Those same type of irresponsible neighbors are the ones who let their dog bite or maul neighborhood kids and then whine "he never bit anyone before, he must have been provoked" and such nonsense. It should send a message that you might love your smelly dog or your nasty cat but nobody else does. It's a smelly nasty animal. You might baby talk to it and feel loved unconditionally and have an obedient animal to boss around and all that nonsense but face it, nobody else loves your animal or wants to clean up after it or feel threatened by it in our own yards. My wife has three cats that she keeps in the house and cleans up after. They haven't been outside other than to go to the Durango for a ride to the vet since she brought them home one at a time. I don't love them but they're not a problem either. Other people's cats and dogs coming around damaging our property, pooping in our yard for us to step in, meowing, howling or barking all freakin' night, and threatening us in our own yard is a problem. I don't care how good a dog you think he is or how pretty your cat is. I'll haul them away dead or alive. Hopefully the $45k will get someone's attention. The rest of us don't want your smelly nasty animals coming around.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:19 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I have no use for dogs either, especially since i don't own one why should i pick up dog crap? Stupid edit owners walking dogs watching em poop on other peoples property like its nothing. Of course that isn't any of the self rightous people on this narrow minded site
..and yet here you were, right in the thick of all the narrow mindedness
Old 05-11-2005, 10:37 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I think I'll stay right here and exercise my 1st admendant right, I've been on the internet long enough to know how large it is
Seems obvious you would have a keen awareness of your rights.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:04 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, he must not have a REAL thorough understanding, because he has no first amendment right here. The one thing many people don't understand is where these rights apply, and where they don't.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:45 AM

yep
Old 05-12-2005, 12:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm guessing that the value that was awarded had more to do with giving the dog owner a reason to keep his pets contained on his property than it did with the actual value of the animal... For most people, the desire to be a responsible pet owner and a good neighbor is reason enough to keep reasonable control of their animals, but some other people need additional encouragement.

Also, I would imagine getting to see a beloved pet (cat or dog) torn apart alive before your eyes would be quite traumatic, and worthy of compensation if it were due to someone else’s negligence.

Just my .02...

Also, as far as free speech goes, the 1st amendment does guarantee a person the right to say pretty much what they want, but if I were to use a bunch of profanity at work, I would find myself out of a job. It seems the 1st amendment doesn’t say much about my employer having to continue to employ me.

I see this as similar. Everyone has their free speech rights, but we are all guests here and none of us own this site (except Jack), and I don’t remember reading anything in the 1st amendment that guarantees the right to post at DTR…

I appreciate the clean, friendly tone of this site. The rules were made very clear, and from what I've seen they are enforced in what I feel is a very fair and even handed way...
Old 05-12-2005, 02:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by pgilles
do they have the right to ask for government help in access well over $45k?
Pat
IN a word, no. The person most responsible for the protection of your assets is YOU, the owner of said assets.

If this were not that case, then someone could sue the gov't every time a crime happened, because of its failure to protect them.

jlh
Old 05-13-2005, 01:43 AM

My bull mastiff's and rotty's have killed many cats.....Someone lets the cat out, they come in the yard, dog eats them. That is the it goes and will continue too go. If one of my dogs got out of the yard and went into someone elses yard, i would expect too bury a dead dog.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

In Wisconsin I believe they just passed a law on hunting stray cats, no limits, no regulations.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:52 PM

Be sure to cut the feets off so the Mrs don't know what she's cookin'!

Quick Reply: Dog kills Cat