Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dog kills Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by George&cheryl
Edited by Admin
Let me guess, you like cats? You can express your opinion in a better form of words. Thanks.

As for me, No use for cat's. If someones cat is on my property and dies in the mouth of my dog, well to bad kitty, kitty. But if my dog leaves this yard and destroies "ANYTHING" of someone elses, then yes, it is my responcibility to pay for the damages.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by AKDSLDOG
Let me guess, you like cats? You can express your opinion in a better form of words. Thanks.

As for me, No use for cat's. If someones cat is on my property and dies in the mouth of my dog, well to bad kitty, kitty. But if my dog leaves this yard and destroies "ANYTHING" of someone elses, then yes, it is my responcibility to pay for the damages.
I have no use for dogs either, especially since i don't own one why should i pick up dog crap? Stupid edit owners walking dogs watching em poop on other peoples property like its nothing. Of course that isn't any of the self rightous people on this narrow minded site
Old 05-10-2005, 11:02 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Paying for the damages is one thing, but FORTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS is beyond ridiculous. Makes one wonder if she deliberately fed her cat to the dog just to win a jackpot like that.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Chapter President

I have no use for dogs either, especially since i don't own one why should i pick up dog crap? Stupid Edited by Admin owners walking dogs watching em poop on other peoples property like its nothing. Of course that isn't any of the self rightous people on this narrow minded site

I have no beef with you, just asked if you could change your choice of word's here at this site. Some of us share this site with our kid's and they don't need to see it.

By the way, who's asking you to pick up dog waste? And if it's other dogs on your property doing this, then you need to talk with the owners.

And I do resent the "narrow minded people of this site comment".

Peace, Curt
Old 05-10-2005, 11:05 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
George&Cheryl- You might feel more at home on a site that's not so "narrow minded". I'm sure there's lots around. The internet's pretty big.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by torquefan
Paying for the damages is one thing, but FORTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS is beyond ridiculous. Makes one wonder if she deliberately fed her cat to the dog just to win a jackpot like that.
I agree that 45K is ridiculous and it should of never ended up in court. But a "owner" should be reliable for damages to some extent.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by torquefan
George&Cheryl- You might feel more at home on a site that's not so "narrow minded". I'm sure there's lots around. The internet's pretty big.
I think I'll stay right here and exercise my 1st admendant right, I've been on the internet long enough to know how large it is
Old 05-10-2005, 11:32 PM

I have no beef with you, just asked if you could change your choice of word's here at this site. Some of us share this site with our kid's and they don't need to see it.

By the way, who's asking you to pick up dog waste? And if it's other dogs on your property doing this, then you need to talk with the owners.

And I do resent the "narrow minded people of this site comment".

Peace, Curt
Nobody asks me to pick up dog waste, I have a fence around my property so I don't have to deal with it but I see the same people walking dogs every morning down the street and holding the leash while their dogs crap on the neighbor's green grass and of course a pooper scooper is out of the question
Old 05-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Banned

Good for her, Edited by Moderator
Been ther done that!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by hotmopr
Been ther done that!!!
I have four cats and I think more of them than a lot of people
Old 05-11-2005, 12:33 AM

45 g ... Anyone have any extra cats you could lend me!!! I could buy alot of parts with 45g!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 03:16 AM

I have no use for dogs either, especially since i don't own one why should i pick up dog crap? Stupid edit owners walking dogs watching em poop on other peoples property like its nothing. Of course that isn't any of the self rightous people on this narrow minded site
That goes the same for CATS!Why do I have to put up with my neighbors cats all over my cars and spraying everything in sight!If i leave anything open for a half hour they spray all over it.Not to mention all the fighting and noise when one of them is in heat!!I grew up with cats and find no use for them.If someone wants cats they need to keep them in their house!If they get in my yard and the dog gets them that is great saves on food that day!
Old 05-11-2005, 06:25 AM

Most places have statutes that say you must keep the pet in your control at all times. It even applies to cats. I am fed up with people who put the cat outside for the night.
Walking food.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by edwinsmith
Wasn't it in Shakespear's Hamlet, "First, kill all the lawyers!"

Edwin
Edwin's got a handle on the REAL problem...
K.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:14 AM

Many people see their animals as their own kids, especially the elderly. Whether they own a cat, dog, turtle, bear, goat, cow, whatever it is seen as one of their children. It might be the only child they have. IF (i dont know the circumstances, i need to emphasize IF) the cat was in her yard and the dog came over there and killed it, then she should be allowed the money. What if someone killed your new born baby? You only knew it for 12 days. There is evil in nature, so deal with it. Yes this is a horrible comment but it puts it in perspective of what this lady may have felt and what others have been saying.

Pat

Quick Reply: Dog kills Cat