Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

do you swerve at Hummers and SUV's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
do you swerve at Hummers and SUV's?

it's amazing how most H2 drivers "own the road"

the fat women in SUV"s try to kill my little blond wife in her convertible.
it's easier to park it than to fend them off, really, it's THAT bad.

it happened in our tiny town pretty bad, but now its really tough in Charleston, where everyone is "nameless"

anyways, the sight of a 4X4 ORP QC CTD seems to make most H2/SUV folks reconsider their total tonnage.

a H3 come balling out of a neer'do'well neighborhood like he was gonna run the stop sign and blast out on the road, he saw the CTD, and locked it up, slid to a stop, and then I aimed for his door. reset his inner child real quick.

i got wife, kids, family, and friends that travel these highways & byways, drive like you got some sense. dangit.

the Rubicon (for ~25k) makes the H2 look bad, surf the jeep forum and search for Hummer, it's a hoot.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...22#post1488222

i REALLY like our convertible camaro, but it's not enjoyable to drive for all the idiots who try to run over you, pull out in front of you, tailgate you, it's THAT bad.

it's flame red, and it's got lowering springs on it, the wife says it sets too low, and folks can't see it. figure the windshield header is only thing to see.

oh wait...minivans too...they hate my wife. is it because she's skinny & blond?

ok, now for sure....
Old 10-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't swerve at them, but I do love to remind them that this sides mine and that side's yours... amazing how hard it is for them to see a painted line down the middle of the road..... what is really getting anoying not just with the H2's is the way folks are making the 20 mph right on red.... don't they know the law? stop, then go IF it is safe to do so ! Don't they realize there might be pedestrians crossing???
Old 10-09-2005, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by 04ctd
the wife says it sets too low, and folks can't see it.
You need to buy her a dually! I have no problems in mine.

they hate my wife. is it because she's skinny & blond?
Skinny and blond may be a factor some people have some weird thoughts while attempting to drive.

I don't think it's so much what the people are driving, but the fact that a lot of them couldn't drive there thumbs up their backsides if their lives depended on it. The scary thing is that their lives do depend on it and ours too.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:20 AM

04ctd I hear ya. People here in SC really cant drive that well. I have been coast to coast and this place takes the cake for idiot drivers. New York City during rush hour is smoother. I really hate driving in Charleston because of the people that cant drive the speed limit, drive down the straight and turn lane at the same time, why hit the gas when the stop light turns green, big truck lets pull out infront of it because there is no traffic in sight behind it, or my favorite, stop in the middle of the road to make a left turn because they are to dumb to use that center turn lane! I live 6 miles from work with the slowest speed limit of 40MPH and it takes over 20 minutes on average with 30 minutes atleast twice a week. I still Have not figured out why I use granny gear going to work more than when hauling a loaded trailer.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Banned

Maybe people are better drivers down here than I thought. I know when I'm cruising with the top down in the vette, people sorta clear the road for me and stay away from me. It's actually quite pleasant. People really don't like to screw with the truck. They either get covered in smoke or I mess with them real bad. You come flying up on my rear end and start trying to swerve around me and weave in and out of traffic and cutting me off, I don't think so. 2 lane black tops are always fun for me. Especially when there's a car coming from in front of me and the car behind me goes to pass and I know neither are gonna make it. I like to speed up to make sure he can't pass me like that. And just because your in a big SUV or truck don't mean anything. I was convoying with my family to oklahoma to escape rita. It was our border in her crew cab, long bed, 4x4, dually CTD with a 3 horse goose neck with full living quarters, I'm behind her in the vette, and then my mom in her crew cab, short bed, 4x4, Dmax with our 3 horse gooseneck. This guy in a lexus comes flying around my mom, blows by me, and then runs the car off the raod coming towards him and then proceeds to almost take the front of our borders truck off. Thank the lord I wasn't in my truck because he would have been plastered on my rear end. This guy never even thought about slowing down or maybe taking to the shoulder on the other side of the road or nothing. He just kept on going. And don't even get me started on semi trucks. That same night we had one coming up from behind us and he get right beside our border and then proceeded to just move over on top of her. I know he saw her because he came up from behind her. I hate stupid drivers. That's why I'm getting front end replacements front and rear. Just to protect myself from stupid drivers.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:19 PM

Blue texas got it right with their roads. When they arnt 4 lanes they put in those ultra wide berms and people in TX are actually nice enough to pull over to the side to let you pass. The lanes are nice because you dont even have to slow down! I love driving in TX. Just wish it had more mountains out your way.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robert chilton
Blue texas got it right with their roads. When they arnt 4 lanes they put in those ultra wide berms and people in TX are actually nice enough to pull over to the side to let you pass. The lanes are nice because you dont even have to slow down! I love driving in TX. Just wish it had more mountains out your way.
No kidding

just dont visit laredo, or all of what u just said will be inverted 180 degrees... I dont swerve at ppl, but i have had lil punks in jap boxes swerve at me before... if they wind up under my bumper, then what?

Tx
Old 10-09-2005, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by TxDiesel007
lil punks in jap boxes swerve at me before... if they wind up under my bumper, then what?

Tx
there's a bumper sticker:
"if you can't stop, HONK AS YOU GO UNDER!"

bigblue, maybe the vette gets a wide berth, but the Ole SS get's stop light raced by everything from Ricers to Minivans.

had some woman in a Lexus SUV try to out run me. let her roll past me a bit, saw she had kids with her, so i quit. but DUH
Old 10-09-2005, 06:52 PM

it's easier to park it than to fend them off, really, it's THAT bad...
It sure is. Right now my wife is looking to replace her little covertible for exactly the same reason. She loves the car, but has become scared to death of the brain dead idiots who drive by intimidation. They need to start arresting and prosecuting these butheads for what their attack driving really is, a form of assault.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
OK I am trying to understand how swerving at these people makes you any more of a safe driver than they are?

Frankly when you do something of that nature you are committing an attempted assault with your vehicle, which is also considered a deadly weapon. Road rage is a real good way to get yourself killed in a hurry.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:43 PM

good point Larry, i'm not that bad. just venting. i really want those folks to realize they need to reset their thought process on driving.

it's just amazing how they pull out in front of you, tailgate you, this area is tough.
i had a car on the interstate last week, i could not see his hood.
we were doing ~60, and he was all over me.

and i try to leave a car space in front of me, take off slow, save gas, leave room to brake, just for safety & general common sense.

so i'll be slowing down to take up the space, and some idiot will hop in my safety cushion space.

if you had a good talk with TreeFarm, you would understand that folks with SUV's and minivans are really tough on your wife. we had a Miata a week before we got rid of it, due to same thing. thought camaro would be better, is by a margin, but not much.

it's just crap to buy some "dream car" that you've always wanted, and you can't feel safe in it because Soccer Mom's replace common courtesy with gross tonnage (both driver & vehicle)
Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
good point Larry, i'm not that bad. just venting. i really want those folks to realize they need to reset their thought process on driving.

it's just amazing how they pull out in front of you, tailgate you, this area is tough.
i had a car on the interstate last week, i could not see his hood.
we were doing ~60, and he was all over me.

and i try to leave a car space in front of me, take off slow, save gas, leave room to brake, just for safety & general common sense.

so i'll be slowing down to take up the space, and some idiot will hop in my safety cushion space.

if you had a good talk with TreeFarm, you would understand that folks with SUV's and minivans are really tough on your wife. we had a Miata a week before we got rid of it, due to same thing. thought camaro would be better, is by a margin, but not much.

it's just crap to buy some "dream car" that you've always wanted, and you can't feel safe in it because Soccer Mom's replace common courtesy with gross tonnage (both driver & vehicle)
I know I see it all the time myself, very aggravating indeed. Seems as though the more drivers we get on the road, the worse they get. Time to make vehicles out of rubber so we can all play bumper cars
Old 10-09-2005, 09:53 PM

doe these people realize that there h2's are basically a chevy tahoe underneath. whats so special. I like the old AM hummers but the h2 suck if you ask me.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:10 PM

it's amazing how most H2 drivers "own the road"

it's easier to park it than to fend them off, really, it's THAT bad.

it happened in our tiny town pretty bad, but now its really tough in Charleston, where everyone is "nameless"

anyways, the sight of a 4X4 ORP QC CTD seems to make most H2/SUV folks reconsider their total tonnage.

a H3 come balling out of a neer'do'well neighborhood like he was gonna run the stop sign and blast out on the road, he saw the CTD, and locked it up, slid to a stop, and then I aimed for his door. reset his inner child real quick.

i got wife, kids, family, and friends that travel these highways & byways, drive like you got some sense. dangit.

the Rubicon (for ~25k) makes the H2 look bad, surf the jeep forum and search for Hummer, it's a hoot.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...22#post1488222

i REALLY like our convertible camaro, but it's not enjoyable to drive for all the idiots who try to run over you, pull out in front of you, tailgate you, it's THAT bad.

it's flame red, and it's got lowering springs on it, the wife says it sets too low, and folks can't see it. figure the windshield header is only thing to see.

oh wait...minivans too...they hate my wife. is it because she's skinny & blond?

ok, now for sure....
In an effort to make a proper determination as to who may be to blame it will be necessary to see some pics of the "skinny blond" as referred to. It will help in assessing the situation as to if the Hummers really are pickin on the defenseless. I know how you feel many of the SUV drivers think they are in a class of their own and the heck with us.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Banned

Heck it is bad in my town. It is small with about 5k people in the winter. Their is an amusement park and 2 lakes in our town and our population swells to over 250k for about 5 months. 90% of these people are from Chicago and still drive like it. They speed all over the place and act completly stupid. I don"t know how many times I could have killed one of these stupid drivers but I was paying attention.

Quick Reply: do you swerve at Hummers and SUV's?