Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Do you drink?
Yes
74.48%
No
25.52%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Do you drink?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I like to have a few when I am outside working on something, or at night when I come home, but not too bad. Haven't been trashed in a while.

I enjoy the taste of Budweiser. Don't drink to get smashed.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mom and dad never drank growing up, and of course in HS I drank quite a bit and such but since I've been out I've drank maybe 3 times and haven't took a sip of alcohol in almost a year I guess.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:18 AM

Drinking is definitly a hobby for me and my freinds, always trying to drink more then the other. However since Ive been engaged for a year and getting married next month, she taming the drinking side of me.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:22 AM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Do you drink?

Most every day that I'm not at work. A 12 pack will usually last me 3 days (unless it's Sat. or Sun.). Drink mostly Fat Tire, Guinness, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Sierra Nevada, Boulevard Pale Ale, Killians Irish Red, or one of my favorites... Monty Python Holy Grail Ale (mainly because it's tempered over burning witches).Click Here

Britt

Old 02-02-2008, 10:22 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Used to drink daily in the single Navy days.... Not a good Life!!!
Now have a glass of wine or beer once in a blue moon and maybe a couple Brandys a week.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by t-15 firefighter
Most every day that I'm not at work. A 12 pack will usually last me 3 days (unless it's Sat. or Sun.). Drink mostly Fat Tire, Guinness, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Sierra Nevada, Boulevard Pale Ale, Killians Irish Red, or one of my favorites... Monty Python Holy Grail Ale (mainly because it's tempered over burning witches).Click Here

Britt

Hey Britt have you tried Drop Top Ale?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
BHD

Received 421 Likes on 280 Posts
I only drink when I am by myself or with my friends. I enjoy drinking beer especially the hoppy India Pale Ale stuff, and I stay away from the thin tasting light beers, unless its free of course. I don't tend to drink to excess often anymore, especially with a CDL in PA, BAC is half of the limit for non CDL drivers. Oh and the 5 yrs at PSU was the best party I was ever at, and I don't regret one minute of the hangovers I had.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet
Hey Britt have you tried Drop Top Ale?
Never heard of it but I am willing

Britt

Old 02-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Chapter President

Cool Not no way! Not no how!

I am proud to declare that I have never had a Drink, never smoked anything other than standing to close to a campfire, and never touched any drugs except for the Rx kind in the correct dosage as prescribed.

Some say square or goody goody, but I can proudly say I am a slave to no substance!

To each his own, within the law.

D-C out!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dieselcarpenter
Some say square or goody goody, but I can proudly say I am a slave to no substance!

D-C out!
Not all that drink are a slave to it. I like the taste of beer and whiskey. If I can't have the stuff I like, I go without. And I'm just fine without. Just wanted to throw that out there

But like you said I have no problems with whatever (legal) decisions people make.

(I don't smoke, never have, never will)
Old 02-02-2008, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by dieselcarpenter
I am proud to declare that I have never had a Drink, never smoked anything other than standing to close to a campfire, and never touched any drugs except for the Rx kind in the correct dosage as prescribed.

D-C out!
I'll drink your part then....

Britt

Old 02-02-2008, 04:29 PM
I watch wind blow...

i have been trying very hard to curtail my drinking habits, doing pretty well.

i am 21 been drinking since i was 13, the longest i have gone with out a drink was 91 days, started jan 6th of 07, til 91 days after that. i was inebriated and broke my leg, $35,000 oops.

but now i allow myself to drink one day a week. it used to be on a daily basis, i am trying to make steps in the right direction.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:57 PM

Do I Drink?

Dang right Ido I own a 6.7
Old 02-02-2008, 06:34 PM

Never drank much, and now I don't drink at all.
Last alcohol I had was a beer on my 50th birthday, which was almost 6 years ago. It gave me a headache.
I actually wish I could have a glass of wine or some small daily alcohol, as these days it's considered "health food" for seniors.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:05 PM

I checked NO. Since I drink alcohol so rarely, it really doesn't count or amount to anything as compared to all the water, ice tea and coffee I put down.

I guess I was like everyone else in college, did my share, but it really never was to any extreme. It seemed senseless to get yourself blasted and then the next day suffer like so many of my friends did, I was most always the designated driver, and if you puked in my car - you never got in it again without doing pennance, which translated into a complete detail job inside and out a couple times.

Now, a glass of wine once every so often when out to dinner. A glass of champagne at weddings, anniversaries, maybe New Years. I do have some different types of alcohol around the place, Jack Daniels and some wine. A couple years ago I was working in the barn, got kicked in the knee by one of the horses, got to the house with great difficulty and then did several shots of Jack to take the pain edge off, but that at least got me through the couple hours wait I had until someone got home and could get me to the Dr's office-nuther story after that.

Not enough to say that I DRINK under normal circumstance.

CD

Quick Reply: Do you drink?