Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Do you drink?
Yes
74.48%
No
25.52%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Do you drink?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you drink?

I'm stiing here sipping a Shiner, and remembered the Drinking Tonight? thread, and that we have at least one non drinker on here. My best friend doesn't drink, he's an alcholic, been clean since 80, longer than I've been alive. But he doesn't care at all that I drink around him camping or at my place.

I drink most nights, usually just one or two. Haven't been drunk in years. I hate being drunk, and the morning after. I just like the taste.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Chapter President

I got a lot of tickets for havin' too much fun. 5 DWI's in an 18 month stretch, and now I enjoy being able to drive and ride my Harley. I've been dry for 18 years. There was a time when I don't think I stopped drinking
Old 02-01-2008, 11:06 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ill have one or two beers on Friday night at the bar with my buddy then switch too ice tea for the rest of the night so I can drive my self home any one want too know what a hour long cab ride would cost I can count on one finger how many times I have been drunk or went to a beer party in high school only once
Old 02-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned

That's why my friend quit. Pulled over on Friday for DUI, they found his baggie and papers. Called his Dad to bail him out like the other time he got poped, Dad said I'll get you out Monday morning. He never touched either one again. He knows he can't have a beer.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:17 PM

Well I'm younger. So i dont think I have ever drank to just drink. Every time i drink im DRUNK. I do that maybe 2 times a month.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:28 AM

Nope, dont drink. Have tried it, but its really not my thing. Ive been trashed once and that was enough for me. Hadnt touched a beer in 3 months and went out one night and had like 8 beers in a half hour (I was told) and was done with my first before anybody even got theirs out of the box. Spent the next couple of hours outside either by a bush or leaning up against a pole listening to my buddies girlfriend tell me her life story; drugs, girls, guys...pretty much wasnt interested in it. Id stumble over to the bush and shed occasionally stop her story and ask if I was alright. That was a brutal ride home. My buddy took my keys from me (good thing, cause I was gonna try driving) and felt every little grain of sand in the road.

Havent done it since. Got drunk off Jager once watching Cast Away and didnt even feel buzzed til I got up to go to the bathroom and fell into the wall.

Ive had the same six packs of Bud and Corona, bottle of SoCo, and Jager in my fridge for two years!!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:33 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Used to drink like the proverbial fish, but finaly got to the point where I dont like it.. never realy liked the taste of beer, so I always drank liquer and , like the old Lays commercial said, " you cant have just one"....looiing back on it, i think I drank more because i felt I was suppossed to, rather than that I wanted to

for the last ten years or so, I rarely drink, usualy I may drink twice a year or less?
Still have liquer in the fridge from new years '07........

i drink coffee non-stop however, two or three pots a day on average
Old 02-02-2008, 01:02 AM

Sober for nearly 12 years now.
Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:07 AM

Only on New Years and my B-day...My drink of choice is Absinth.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:34 AM

I rarely ever drink anymore except for a beer or 3 while camping or maybe a DTR GTG. I was a fish my freshmen year in college. Since then, I have learned that you don't have to drink to have a good time.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:55 AM

Im 2nd year college at Tarleton State in stephenville, texas...find a kid here who doesnt drink and Ill reward ya. Its bad, but I stick to my house with a few beers and dont drive anywhere, and stay sober to drive my friends when they need it. My roommate got a DUI last semester and still thinks he can drink and drive. Its come close to punches when he's drunk but Ill stay sober to keep any friend off the road.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:41 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rbrettctd
Im 2nd year college at Tarleton State in stephenville, texas...find a kid here who doesnt drink and Ill reward ya. Its bad, but I stick to my house with a few beers and dont drive anywhere, and stay sober to drive my friends when they need it. My roommate got a DUI last semester and still thinks he can drink and drive. Its come close to punches when he's drunk but Ill stay sober to keep any friend off the road.
Thats being a FRIEND..... good for you!!
Old 02-02-2008, 06:36 AM

Yep, I drink. Year aftr high school and during college was one big long party. Since then, slowed down a lot, now I will have one or two with dinner or when we go bowling I will drink. Like many others here, I have learned about having a driver handy if you are hitting the sauce.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Every once in a while I'll drink a Shiners. Other than that I pretty much drink scotch and water on the weekends (or after a very stressful day at the office). Doc said it's good for the old ticker.

MikeyB
Old 02-02-2008, 08:02 AM

My folks never drank so I never really got into it. Most of the people I hung out with in high school and college were pretty much non-drinkers.

At company parties and outings I have been the designated driver many times. My company I work for now really likes to party. At Christmas they have a party at a nice hotel and reserve rooms for everyone so they don't have to think about driving home.

Today I am too cheap to drink or smoke. Any money spent on those vices is money I could be putting into my truck or gun habit.

Quick Reply: Do you drink?