Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Do we not have a member that……….

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watcha talkin about been a member for almost a year now.. Didn't even know it till I tried signing up with my typical username. When it said it was taken I just logged in. Think I was doing some research once and this is a forum that requires you to be registered to look at more than a few pages.

Hope I was some help to him. Its a long haul up here. I found a guy who usually sells a bit north of here that was about to cut a field he hasn't cut in a long time and was advertising for pre sales to see if he wanted to mess with it. I told him to be careful. I think I've bought from that guy before but I'm not positive. With hay being as short as it is its a very good climate for scammers. Price was good though.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Polaraco
Thanks Eric

That was a quick response and good answer.

Now go put your turbo back in

Oh Oh I can say

WELCOME!
to you again
I'll sell ya one cheap after I get 10k on this one to prove the design. It was giving me about 2 extra mpg's at 75 before the explosion. Just what a guy without a grid heater needs. Should have it back on and running by the middle of next week.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by pcdebol
I'll sell ya one cheap after I get 10k on this one to prove the design. It was giving me about 2 extra mpg's at 75 before the explosion. Just what a guy without a grid heater needs. Should have it back on and running by the middle of next week.

Smart Butt

The heater is back in. I saw about 35 boost out of it the other week. I went back because I know this works. We'll see starting in 2 weeks. I'll be racking 3000 on in the next 6 weeks. I haven't moved the truck in 2 weeks
Old 07-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the responses going to try and make an auction in OK. Maybe I will be able to run onto some between now and then.
The drought down here has been nothing short of brutal my pasture is crisp. I normally have my own hay baled but this year on a small field that normally produces 10 to 15 rolls per cutting I got 2 bales and most likely will not get a second cutting.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

I hope Eric was some help to you. He seems to be in tune with the area pretty well. I got a message from him after, he apparently is having the same problem

If those fields are near the barn or house, I suggest you cut a wide fire break and rake it clean. You know where I am going. . . . I would make it 100 feet if you can, minimum. Dry hay burns fast and hot. But you probably know that.

But out a few barns in my day too.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:26 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I dunno who you've been talking to, but I only saw one cutting this year and that was about a month ago. I dont think they are getting a second cutting this year.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 PM

Who said anything about a second cutting. I said a field he hasn't cut in a long time meaning a few years. He said up front it had weeds and junk in it along with bermuda and native. He would be willing to bale it if he had a buyer. Guess he got a buyer cause add was down before bigfoot got to it.

Also told him about a couple of other places I saw some going up for sale. And one place I knew had a few hundred bales about three weeks ago.

I picked up 180 last year rounds at an auction before the first cutting. If the guy who cuts for me every year can get me 50 more I should make it through winter. Thats about half of his normal production. Don't know what made me pull the trigger at that auction because I thought it was high for last years hay when I bought it but I'm sure glad I did.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:11 AM

Hey Bigfoot I'm outside of Crockett and just sold 150 rolls off my place. I've been blessed with some afternoon showers that most aren't getting, and might get a second cutting. If so, I'll give you a shout.