Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dixie Chicks on the radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 02:41 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
More Power to Toby
He Pumps up the troops the dixie Skanks on the other hand de-moralize them.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dixie chicks have never said any negative about the troops. In fact, i belive that in the same comment that she said about Bush, the next sentence was that they supported the troops and wished they'd all come home soon. They've said they supported the troops many times. This just backs my statement that most people don't really even know what the Dixie Chicks said. They just know they said something. I also agree with the statement that singers are singers, they're not pollitical commentators. If you're getting your pollitical information and ideas from a country band, you're looking in the wrong place. Toby Keith. I'm sure he didn't write any of those war songs with the idea that they wouldn't be heavily played or make him tons of money. And I'm sure he didn't want to release them either. Must have taken alot of arm-bending to get him to do that. Yeah right.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:10 AM

Didn't some guy named Thomas Jefferson say something about the greatest treason being never to criticize the president?

Having said what I said about Toby Keith, I should also make the statement that I think he's a pretty decent entertainer. Not up there with HW Jr., but he's alright.

But once again he's just an entertainer. No different than the rest.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Erics76, Saying they wished the troops would come home soon is just another way to say they don't support the war, nothing more. I understand where Ramlovingvet is coming from. When you're in the military it's sometimes hard to hear someone talking badly about the commander in chief, even though you're defending their rights to say it. Were you ever in the military?
Old 04-09-2004, 01:17 PM

Nope, never in the military. Thats neither here nor there. Everybody wishes the troops would come home soon. I've heard millions of people say it. Bush has even say it, and I'm pretty sure he supports the war. If that statement is anti-war, then this statement would be supporting the war-"I hope the troops stay over there a really long time". Nobody wants that, pro-war or anti-war. That's just another ploy of turning a Dixie Chick statement into something negative. When Bush says it, it's alright, he wants the war to end quickly with low casualities. When the Dixie Chicks say it, they're sorry anti-war protestors who don't support the troops. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Old 04-09-2004, 01:21 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
YAWN Enough is enough we all aint gonna see eye to eye and we Veterans know why we feel how we feel