Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

digital tv...why cant they just leave things alone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:20 AM
I think I can... I think...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I PASS GAS
Well, it took me a little while since as with every other project, disruptions came up every 10 minutes, but it rocks! I got 14 digital channels and I could barely get 4 with the rabbit ears. The fiance' thought I was a looser building that thing, but put her foot in her mouth when we were sitting on the couch surfing the high-def channels. Sure does look redneck sitting up on top of the entertainment center, though. I'm proud of it, might leave it there for a while, but move it to the atic in a week or two.
Put it up on a pole outside of the house!!
That'll make the neighbors ask questions!!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by capt.Ron
Put it up on a pole outside of the house!!
That'll make the neighbors ask questions!!
I thought about it. My dad came over and thought it was a torture device.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:39 PM

according to what I heard on the news last night,the digital signal,will only travel 35 to forty miles,while the analog signal can be picked up from as much as 100 miles away.So wher does that leave people like me that are farther out? It sound like a way to get more people to shell out for satelite,and all know what will happen next they will start raiseing their rates. I wouldn't mind paying so much but,it seems like there are more ads,on satelite than on regulur tv,and there is less and less new programing on satelite.So I get to pay for watching ads,and reruns for the twentyeth time.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by rustbucket
according to what I heard on the news last night,the digital signal,will only travel 35 to forty miles,while the analog signal can be picked up from as much as 100 miles away.So wher does that leave people like me that are farther out? It sound like a way to get more people to shell out for satelite,and all know what will happen next they will start raiseing their rates. I wouldn't mind paying so much but,it seems like there are more ads,on satelite than on regulur tv,and there is less and less new programing on satelite.So I get to pay for watching ads,and reruns for the twentyeth time.
Yea I've got 200 channels of @#$%. If it wasn't for FOX News, Military, Discovery, and History Channels I'd dump the whole lot.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:46 PM

That's why Tivo ROCKS!

If you KNOW you want something, you can record it.

If commercials drive you nuts, a 30 minute pause gives enough time to blast past all the commercials.

I can't imagine what we did before Tivo, although I did have a pretty cool RCA VCR that had "commercial skip" that worked quite well.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by I PASS GAS
The fiance' thought I was a looser building that thing, but put her foot in her mouth when we were sitting on the couch surfing the high-def channels. Sure does look redneck sitting up on top of the entertainment center, though. I'm proud of it, might leave it there for a while, but move it to the atic in a week or two.
Ain't Digital TV cool!

I almost broke down and bought a satellite, but even wifey cannot complain about the channels we get, so thats another 50 bucks a month that gets put into the CTD.......
Old 03-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by rustbucket
If you could get the Analog signal, you should get the Digital one. I sure as heck am WAY further out than 35-40 miles, I know I am over 100 on some of them. Yea, they are problematic at least until I get the Antenna a bit higher, but I get them.

As with the Analog, if you are 100 miles away, you need a deep fringe antenna, a booster, and lots of height...........

Get a GOOD antenna and you should be fine.