Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Diesels Are Cheaper To Own 'Cause You Don't Have Any Sparkplugs To Change

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesels Are Cheaper To Own 'Cause You Don't Have Any Sparkplugs To Change

Someone once told me that. For some odd reason it came back to me today after I dropped almost $1,200 on tires and spent over a $100 for a fill up.

I wonder if I could still find the guy?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:48 AM

Tires hurt to buy no matter what, if you get some good ones. I just changed the tires on my wifes Trailblazer and that hit me for 680. Big difference in ride handling and noise though. Should last a while too.

Could be worse on the tires, BMW runflats go for about 450 a tire and last 20K if your lucky. Cant really rotate them either since they are directional and different sizes front to back on many of the new BMW's.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:26 PM

I changed spark plugs in my wifes car the other day, and they ran me $8 for all four of them from Auto Zone and they we're the good ones! LOL!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
If they were from AZ, I'd question them being good ones. Our local AZ carries a fuel filter for a 24v, but there's not one word written in english on it. Only a part number is understandable. The folowing day is when I made my first order to Geno's.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Thats what I told my wife when I was trying to convence her to let me buy my truck. Man did that comeback to haunt me when I baught the new Goerends goodies last month. All I hear is blah, blah, blah that #$@$ tranny cost more than my first car blah blah.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:51 PM

wait a minute... We don't have spark plugs
Old 02-22-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oscaroc
wait a minute... We don't have spark plugs
Go to your Dealer and ask for some!!! They'll be happy to sell them to you!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
I changed spark plugs in my wifes car the other day, and they ran me $8 for all four of them from Auto Zone and they we're the good ones! LOL!
Try changing the plugs in a Hemi or some of the other V8s, there are 16 plugs to be changed and from what I understand some of them even have a coil pack or something like that for each plug so that really adds to the cost. Then add wires. Let's not forget that one plug that doesn't want to play well with others. Should take you an hour and it takes three hours because of that one plug.

I can't swear to it on the coil plugs because the last plug I changed was on a 1993 gasser about 5 years ago.

As for $100 for a tank of fuel, that same 93 gasser I changed plugs on will take that also when both tanks need filled. And I spent over $600 for standard sized 16 inch tires for that truck 6 or 7 years ago.

Owning a vehicle of any type is not cheap. Some are just more fun than others.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:56 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If some people owned a horse, it would just die! I have had a motto for years now......if it has tires or wears a bra, .................................................

you'll have trouble with it eventually!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vzdude
If some people owned a horse, it would just die! I have had a motto for years now......if it has tires or wears a bra, .................................................

LOL, perfect.

Tim
Old 02-23-2008, 08:26 AM

Ha yeah the spark plug change in my hemi cost me 340.00 I opted for some platnium plugs.

But with the diesel, the truckpayment is mosre that doubled, it gets better mpg, but in the less than a year I have owned the diesel I have put almost 10gs into it, lift, tires, all that crap. SO heck yeah its been more expensive. lol
Old 02-23-2008, 09:59 AM

That's an old, old joke, and you cleaned it up considerably.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:01 PM

LOL, we have the same one only we've added tracks too.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:55 PM

Hahahahahaha..... it's cheaper to get a new set of tires!!!! And it desn't talk back...
Old 02-23-2008, 01:59 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't get me wrong......there's things you just can't do with a truck! LOL You know.....like go to the movies and dinner and stuff, right!? I know what some of you are thinking....and that's just wrong! LOL Gotta love that wife of mine, way too late for a return or refund now!

Quick Reply: Diesels Are Cheaper To Own 'Cause You Don't Have Any Sparkplugs To Change