Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Diesel Sniffer Skuttlebutt, 19 - 25 Feb 06

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 05:18 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My brain is in a coma..... .....spent most of the night completing a DOD on-line defensive driving course.. required for the job or else I wouldnt have tortured myself like that.......God, you think with all the money the Govt spends, they could produce a training video or course that was interesting!! or one that at least wouldnt invoke suicidal depressions and feelings of trapped helplessness...........This one was on the National Traffic Safety Institutes Rules of Defensive Driving...makes ya wanna run WOT into an overpass abutment is what it does....

Ok but I passed it(98%) .... lotta coffee and chocolate doughnuts helping to sooth my nerves.....3 hours till quitting time..I hear a pillow calling to me...

Ridding out the night and then be ridding my pillow...........CD
Old 02-23-2006, 05:54 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
That course is the biggest waste of four hours I've ever seen. You would think that who ever designed it would have at least made it interesting.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Get a move on ......slackers......

Coffee's ready, looking for donuts.

Last minute cleaning going on this AM.
1st leg of Wifey's return flight looks to be running about 20 minutes ahead of schedule.
(That is VERY unusual for a flight leaving Peru. They're usually 30-40 minutes late.)
'Bout a 3 hour layover in Miami, due in here ~noonish.

Very foggy this morning.
Vis down to 1/4 mile, even less in low areas.

Y'all B safe
Gotta love those home comings!

Old 02-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A little precipitation hanging in the air in Paradise this morning - - in the form of fog. A cold front (???, yeh, cold, like going down to 71) moving in tomorrow. Heading up the coast tomorrow for a week of R&R at Hilton Head. Talked the CFO into riding in the beast instead of that slug she loves. That will make daddy happy, and if daddy is not happy, then - - - - wait, do I have that backwards????

Coffee was pretty terrible this morning, whoever made it. Chaikwa probably found his brush and strained it thru that thang. Oh well, gives you something to look forward to - - a new pot made by yours truly. Hmmmm, I think I see some Almond Mocha lurking there in the background.

Have a great one.

Travellin'Bob
Old 02-23-2006, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
As the song would go . . . . DON'T FENCE ME IN!!!!

Love those changes of scenery and weather. And, how long can one person stay in Paradise and not get a little itchy footsy?

WanderingBob
Sounds like a new sci-fi adventure movie:

Escape from Paradise

Starring WanderingBob and Scarlett Johanson.
With a special guest appearance by WanderingBob's trusty steed, The White Ghost.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
These 7am conference calls to China is getting old. Need more

MikeyB
Old 02-23-2006, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guten Morgen, y'all !!

BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE OZARKS !! Sun's shinin, boids are choipin and the wife has the fireplace fired up !!

Got to spend some time with the eldest son last night and got him some new clothes to start work today (thank God ... finally !!).

Dropped off B.E.R.T.'s batteries at Wallyworld yesterday to see if they could be charged enough to get me through this leave period ... keeping fingers crossed. Got my eye on a set of Optimas just in case they don't take a charge .

Fiver ... enjoy the trip. We'll water the plants and drink the rest of the Mai-Tai's you left in the fridge.

Shortround ... all those extra tools give you an excuse to submit a MILCON for a new storage warehouse / parking garage next to the office. I'm sure the honcho's wouldn't want to just have all those extra tools laying around getting in the way and besides ... you deserve a covered parking spot.

Chris ... that driver video was made by the same people who made the ol STD video from bootcamp. That was equally as painful .

Keep it between the fenceposts.
PISTOL
Old 02-23-2006, 09:43 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by FiverBob
As the song would go . . . . DON'T FENCE ME IN!!!!

Love those changes of scenery and weather. And, how long can one person stay in Paradise and not get a little itchy footsy?

WanderingBob
Don't let him fool ya. He has to stay mobile so we can't zero in on his coordinates.

Got the janitor out looking for a left handed hammer this morning so I could sneak into the break room and get a GOOD pot of coffee going...
Old 02-23-2006, 09:46 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Redleg
Got the janitor out looking for a left handed hammer this morning so I could sneak into the break room and get a GOOD pot of coffee going...
When he brings one back, tell him that it is no good because he brought you a metric hammer and you need an imperial hammer.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Wifey's Home...........
Old 02-23-2006, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Wifey's Home...........

(what are you doing on here then??)

Glad she got back safe
~Rob
Old 02-23-2006, 06:57 PM

Well ... you notice he only had time to type two small words !!!

Beautiful day out today ... enjoyed 60* all day. Got a couple loads of wood delivered. Now Jr. has something to occupy his free time ... making big pieces of wood into small pieces of wood.

Tried to throw a charge on B.E.R.T.'s batteries last night but they are not cooperating. Good thing my wallet was feeling fat .. .

Uh-oh ... just heard the dinner bell. Better get in there before the kids wipe me out.

PISTOL
Old 02-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Min-Pin alarm went off at 0530 as usual.

Hee-hee-hee!
Wifey's been re-introuduced to the galley......

Snauages-n-eggs will be done shortly.

I could get used to this,........

Y'all B safe,
Old 02-24-2006, 05:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning boys & girls.
Might get downright breezy this afternoon, 40-50 mph gusts.
Put a few rocks in your pockets.
I think i'll stay in the garage today and fabricate a plow frame for the Chevy.
Hopefully I won't have to use it till next year.
Time for the morning cup of motivation.
Rich
Old 02-24-2006, 06:03 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

took the night off tonight so I can head south early for the meet'n greet tomorrow...not used to Friday actualy being Friday...suppossed to be in the mid 60's and sunny today, so I guess I better wash the truck while the weathers warm. Maybe a couple of horses too....and the cats..cant forget to wash the cats, they enjoy it so...probably better clean up the garage while Im at it...find that first aid kit again....

Hope yall have a good'un...

I hear a Cherry Danish calling to me , got to run......CD

Quick Reply: The Diesel Sniffer Skuttlebutt, 19 - 25 Feb 06