Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Diesel Sniffer Skuttlebutt, 19 - 25 Feb 06

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 05:33 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Diesel Sniffer Skuttlebutt, 19 - 25 Feb 06

AKA BS'ing around the fire.
"Open those baby blues my little children"
"Now get some wood on the fire and get this place warm!!!!!!"

Morning folks. Now that I've got you up and moving, I'll be in my office for a couple of more hours doing paperwork. I will not be disturbed. Understand?
Bands of sleet passing through. Roads slicker than fish snot.

Shortround out
Old 02-19-2006, 05:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought it was holiday routine! What is all the yelling about? Now I know what the guys at Peral must have felt like!

I just threw another log on the fire and let the dog out.

Anything else you want me to do?
Old 02-19-2006, 05:55 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Dang you SR, now look what you done did!!!! You woke me up!!!! Don't you know this is Sunday?????? Folks are allowed to sleep in on a Sunday!!!!!!
Hope I disturbed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now thanks to you, I have to go and find some
Old 02-19-2006, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Dang you SR, now look what you done did!!!! You woke me up!!!! Don't you know this is Sunday?????? Folks are allowed to sleep in on a Sunday!!!!!!
Hope I disturbed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shortround is disturbed alright.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:09 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Y'all did good. Didn't disturb me while in the office.
"Out of the goodness of my heart, I'm granting everyone of you "Cinderella Liberty". Enjoy yourselves, but you don't want me to have to come and bail you out. Now get outta here."

Shortround out
Old 02-19-2006, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by shortround
Y'all did good. Didn't disturb me while in the office.
"Out of the goodness of my heart, I'm granting everyone of you "Cinderella Liberty". Enjoy yourselves, but you don't want me to have to come and bail you out. Now get outta here."

Shortround out
Thanks Chief, I'll do ya proud.

Just like the Navy, wake us up at O dark thirty just to tell us we have liberty.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eew, who made this brown Junque you're callin' ? It's LIQUID for goodness sake! I'd be willing to bet it's SR's work. I'm gonna have my brush back reeeaaal soon I think, so y'all can look forward to havin' some REAL coffee 'round here again! No more of this sissy liquid stuff!

chaikwa.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Mm-m-m-mornin all.
Weather is deceptive.
Bright sunshine, no winds, but temps hovering around 12* this AM.
Min-Pin set a new whizz record for fastest time.

1/2 pot of coffee still in the kitchen, hot oatmeal, and protein shake breakfast is done.
Not planning on doing much today........might have to schedule a power-nap.

4 days 'til Wifey gets home.
Mixed blessing.
Sure has been quiet around here.

Y'all B safe,
Old 02-19-2006, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love Sunday mornings and waking up to shortround's bugle
Its bright and sunny here in PA, collder than a witches you know what. Gotta find something fun to do today, cause tomorrow's work day for me and i will have a week of "gawd i hate this job"

wish i could find one i like that'll keep the family fed....

Have a great day y'all

tme for more
Old 02-19-2006, 08:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got the center console lighting done and finished up the power routing for the satellite radio Yesterday. No fun working in 40 degree weather with a 15 mph wind blowing through the truck. Wished the DC engineers would add a power distribution box inside the cab for additional power taps. Would have made life a whole lot easier.

MikeyB
Old 02-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Banned

yikes, just moved the truck out so wifey could go to church, man its cold...... got down to around 10 here. Didn't plug in and when I fired her up you would have thought the mosquito comminsion was driving donwn the road foggin for bugs....... With this chill I am glad I did my service on friday when it was warm, no way I'd be out there in weather like this changing a fuel filter. coffee's half gone so I'm only half up..... coincidence? I think not....... hmmmmm gotta look into this day of left turns, isn't there a race or somthing goin on later??????/ begoodstaywarm&feedup
Old 02-19-2006, 09:42 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Single digits here... roads were fine up north, but they got hit with a squal here early and now we're cleaning everything up. 3 cars for the whole patrol area today.... can you say looong wait? maybe some of the legislators will be stuck out there and realize how bad they hacked the budget. Got the wreckers takeing fuel out with them so they can have heat while they wait. Usually the ones that crash don't necessarily stay on top of things like filling the fuel tank. "The Titanic is sinking and they're worrying about arranging the deck furniture...."
Old 02-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BRRR...Up,coffee drank, horses fed, truck u-joint inspected(in need of part number), COLD, real cold!!!

Mike
Old 02-19-2006, 09:58 AM

Shortround , you woke me and forced me to go to work for a little while, Nooo, maybe it was my pager, I dunno!!!
Dang it was cold out side at 6:30. little temp thingey said 21. Not much ice here the worst was north of us, Check T-7's pictures.
Forgot to plug in the truck last night, After cycling the key a couple of times this morning, it fired up but complained. I told it that I didn't want to be up and moving either, but if I had to it had to.
Coffees up and have built a fire in fireplace, AHHHH, warm inside and out.
Have good day all!!!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:33 PM

REVIELLE, REVIELLE !!! The stew-burner is in the galley whippin up a batch of sausage and rice ... In polished off the first pot of mud and eyeballing the next pot.

Finally made it home for a couple weeks. Spent two weeks in sunny San Diego for school and meeting up with a bunch of buddies. Felt good to thaw out for a while.

Airline lost my luggage and had to drive through a heck of a snow storm but finally made it to the house at 0330. Sure is good to be home !!

Have a productive day ... just bring a heater along with you !!
PISTOL

Quick Reply: The Diesel Sniffer Skuttlebutt, 19 - 25 Feb 06