Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Diesel Head

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Diesel Head

From my web site. I'm looking to add to it if anyone has anything they want to contribute.

You know you're a "Diesel Head" if....

You keep a cup of diesel fuel on your bedside table because the aroma helps you sleep.

You've ever dabbed diesel fuel behind your ears before a date.

You ever hooked up and towed a trailer, just because you CAN.

You get "aroused" when you hear a diesel engine or a turbo whine.

You don't think the CTD is loud enough so you remove the muffler so you can "hear" it better. (This also applies to turbo silencer rings)

You have your right rear view mirror tilted down so you can "admire" the black smoke from your tailpipe.

You're always cocking your head over to the right and down after the turbo spools up so you can watch, in the same mirror, how perfectly your smoke cloud formed.

You continue to watch any of your rear view mirrors to see how the traffic behind you deals with your smoke cloud.

You say "YEAH!", "YAHOO!", or any other shout of joy if you see that you stopped at least one vehicle behind you with your cloud. (grinning from ear to ear doesn't count because you do that even when there's no cloud, as long as you're driving your truck)

When you aren't driving your diesel truck, you roll down the window at traffic lights to hear ANY other diesels that might be around.

You have more than one turbo on your CTD.

You read this whole list smiling and nodding your head.

http://www.stamey.nu/Truck/DieselHead.htm

Chris
Old 01-31-2004, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are too lazy to unhook your trailer from your truck because it really makes no difference.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:10 AM

If you have ever got stuck in a drive thru because you didn't know the trailer was still hooked up
Old 01-31-2004, 07:27 AM

Those are good ones, fellas. I'm adding them now.

Chris
Old 01-31-2004, 10:44 AM

what about

If when going through a bridge or tunnel you roll down the windows and rev the engine as you drive through.

DM01
Old 01-31-2004, 11:47 AM

After filling your rig, you can't resist the temptation of sniffing your fingers...
Old 01-31-2004, 12:35 PM

Hey DM,
I can't believe I forgot that one. I do that all the time.
How about:

Regardless of outside temperature, you still roll down the passenger window when in tunnels, under bridges, or beside Jersey walls, just so you can listen to your truck.

Chris
Old 01-31-2004, 02:34 PM

When you notice another diesel parked and running in a parking lot, you intentionally walk through the exhuast smoke even if the rig is 8 rows away.

When you pass another truck on the road, you always look for the orange Cummins decal, if it's gasser, it just seems to spoil the moment.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:38 PM

-When you make the passenger roll down the window because your beside a wall(no power windows)

-If you hold down the smoke pedal just a little when your starting your 12 valve, just so it shoots a big puff of smoke.

-When you make your friend drive your truck down the road, just so you know what it sounds like from the outside

The ones you had are good too. I was laughing the hole time, because it reminds me of myself. Especially the one about having your passenger mirror pointed in, and toward the ground .
My mom was riding with me a while back, and we were following my dad who was in our old international dump truck. It was burning rich and black smoking, and mom said soimething about it, and i told her to look back, and flipped up the mystery switch at low boost, and she was like .

Eric
Old 01-31-2004, 03:17 PM
DPG

Someone says to you, "That truck's kind of noisey, isn't it?" And you reply, "Noise? That's music!" (Actually happened to me. )
Old 01-31-2004, 03:24 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
You have A/C but never use it. Both windows down and the slider open for the best sound, even if it's 95 and stinkin' humid. Oh, and you never use the stereo either. I've got a CD player sitting in my basement that I still haven't gotten around to installing. Maybe I never will...
Old 01-31-2004, 04:12 PM

I'm lovin this. Keep 'em comin. I'm adding them to my web page as I read them here.

Chris
Old 01-31-2004, 05:01 PM

-You put decals on your rear window, so that lesser vehicles know what kind of suit blower just blew their doors off.

Ill keep adding them, as i come up with more. Im enjoying this.

Eric
Old 01-31-2004, 05:14 PM

How about these:

You scoff at trucks when you realize they are gassers.

You keep 36 bags of cement in the back of the truck most of the time because while you don't notice any difference in power, the truck rides nicer.

You respect lesser diesels than the CTD just because they are diesels.

While maybe not a truck, you're trying to get the wife to drive some kind of diesel powered vehicle.

If you finally get your wife to drive a diesel powered vehicle, you can't wait to bomb it.

Chris
Old 01-31-2004, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by Stamey
While maybe not a truck, you're trying to get the wife to drive kind of diesel powered vehicle.

If you finally get your wife to drive a diesel powered vehicle, you can't wait to bomb it.

Chris
The wife drives a Diesel Jetta It gets 45-50 MPG you can't beat that

Quick Reply: Diesel Head