Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Diesel Gone, Help me with per..on my new Gas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wannadiesel
Bad idea. We don't allow people to post under other people's accounts. Your buddy should've logged out and let you log in.

From the site rules:
I don't really see the big deal here. Obviously his friend logged him onto the computer, allowing him to use it and he also announced his true identity. Is this one of those "ticky tack" rules that the DTR gods get bent out of shape about?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:58 AM
DTR question asker

/me can see where this thread is headed.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:30 AM

No, it's not headed anywhere. Except back to this guys problem about his truck. That was just my opinion/observation. BUT, rules are rules I guess and since that is the case then he should have logged on under the correct title/handle.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:26 PM

Yes... I was at my friends house and he was in the bath room and HE was logged in like already when i went to the site so i was just reading these post that had sprung up over night and then i got into it and posted under him i didnt even realize it until i saw (01 Dwhit) i was like CRAP!!! and then said sorry! Agian SORRY guys i didnt know it.
Anyway Yes the truck that my parents bought me wont last as long as a diesel and isnt as fun to drive as a diesel but i got into cheaper payments so i can more afford college and its newer and lower miles. After college in like 2 or 3 years i will get what i really want when i get a job. My parents DID NOT BUY me this truck because of what happend at ENNIS this was just the cherry on top. I talk to my parents about everything that i know and here about performace. So she as aware that a diesel could go fast. But she thought that i was pegging out the RPMS and dumping the clutch and all kinds of stuff. Long story short.... The thought that i was going to mess up a perfectly good truck. Agian guys sorry about the whole signing in as anoght user. My mistake i will pay closer attetion.
Trapper.
P.S. i made this tread to find out if there was any performace for my truck. I got a flowmaster put on yesturday and it helped SOOOO... much I can now drive at least 70 on the highway. LOL Thanks agian
Trapper.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dieselfuelonly
Here's my logic:

Racing your truck at the track got you a 1500 v6.

Therefore:

Street racing the 1500 will get you a brand new Cummins .

I think what we are all missing here is if your parents were so mad at you why did they go buy you a new truck?

My parents used to take my stuff away and tell me to get over it and I'd get it back after I had proved I could be responsible with it again.

+1
Actually, if racing the Cummins got him a 1500 v-6, then racing the 1500 will get him a Chevy Aveo or Honda Fit.

Who buys their kid a CTD to commute to college?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 PM
HOV

About racing: it's in the blood of every young man. It cannot be stopped, and kudos to you for keeping it on the track.

About responsibility: I hope one day you develop the strength of personality to rely upon yourself for the necessities of life. It takes strength to turn down a parent's offering, but if you loved them and respect yourself that's the only way to go. "No thanks Mom and Dad, I can do this by myself."
Old 06-26-2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
It's called spoiled. Still confused??
spoiled? more like...caring parents! trapper will be drivin at least 100 miles everyday for school.....id rather my kid be in a new veihcle and me have to work a few extra hours to pay for it rather then put him in a piece to make him learn his lesson and leave him standed on the side of the highway!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:18 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Now I am cornfused...They bought him a 2007 truck but his payments will be $100 less a month?

Do you mean they co-signed or made the down payment?

Anyways, I'll be honest don't waste your money putting mods on a V6, put it away until you can use it to help yourself buy a Cummins or until you need Mods for a Cummins.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:03 PM

Ya! The vehicle is in my parents name its not mine. And the payments are cheaper because I got this truck brand new for $11,000 dodge was doing a great deal for a weekend. The reason my blue dodge was so much was because it was old and we got a high intrust rate. And yes i love my parents very much and i am so thankful. I am not spoiled and flaunt my things around like i could get everything i want. I work monday-friday and pay my truck note. But i believe i have done everything to my truck that i can do. I have tinted my winows, added a AFE cold air intake, and flowmaster. I also plan to buy some better spark plugs they said i could gain another 5 to 8 hp. lol but i will give it a shot.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:45 PM

thats how i did it trapper......in my dads name, but im makin the payments

you gonna stick around and keep learnin stuff for when you get another ctd?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:17 PM
DTR Mom

Cool Must be a Texas right /expectation, like killing the umpire at a little league game..

you go get 'em sir! breeze through pesky college and GET THE JOB YOU WANT!! which you have already spent that imaginary money for mods...

have to agree with the ones that raise their eyebrows and keep the negative posts off here.

As a parent, EMT, cop and judge- a little dose of reality goes a long way. and somehow the new mods and really cool rims don't seem all that important when it all goes sideways in a blink of the eye- but you keep thinking that nothing will ever happen to you. absent self-discipline is what makes you look twice around the empty road 'just to let her loose a little'.....

you got your advice, forget about pedd'ling faster on the v6. you said it all when you needed to get the monthly payment down....

I have 17 nephews, 8 in texas. all respectful, responsible and only one wrapped his truck around a tree. why? cause 'I kin get a job anywhere, and then be in business for myself...'

you can't even hold back your excitement on a computer without 'forgetting' the rules...... listen to the guy's with a lot of posts from your home state, and go live your dreams, don't let anyone take that away from ya, friend
Old 06-27-2007, 04:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LOGAN
personally your parents are idiots, resale on the cummins is 3 times what the resale on the v6 truck is, i would take the V6 to the track just to make them mad.
Nice. Real nice.
-P
Old 06-27-2007, 06:55 PM

Well, the only reasone i haved done what i have done to my new truck is because i sold all the stuff off of my diesel to my friend. And i thought it would help me on my gas milage, and it has. I cant wait to go to college and get out and get me a job, so i can jump back into the diesels agian. I do plan so stick around and learn more and more. I wouldnt know what i know now if it wasnt for this site. If yall dont get rid of me. LOL Thanks for everything yall have done and pls stick around for at least two years so i can get me a diesel. LOL
Trapper
Old 06-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude, no flowmaster please, you are supposed to hide the fact that it's a V6 .

But really though your parents are smart in that they probably think you won't get into modding that truck. I took a huge break in college, only thing I bought was some wheels/tires for my Z28 which I drove for 6 years... Then I bought a new truck my senior year since my Z28 was becoming unreliable.

In college you need to socialize, not just with car guys, but with everyone.. Join a social group or frat and hit the books.

I am so, so glad I didn't have to hold a full time job in college, I only worked summers...

It took me 5 years to get out of college so a new vehicle should last you if you're not a dumb EDIT.

So far I've been out less than 2 years and still have my Z28 in storage, a mustang coupe that is modded to hell and back and my truck in the sig. Major in Finance and you'll learn how to work money to your advantage without getting into any bad debt.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

There's some stuff you can do.. But it won't get you much.. Unfortunately it's not like a diesel.. Just drive it and enjoy... And you have very good parents!! Ones that actually care!! Good luck in your ventures!!!

Quick Reply: Diesel Gone, Help me with per..on my new Gas!!!