Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Diesel Gone, Help me with per..on my new Gas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LOGAN
i would take the V6 to the track just to make them mad.
I know that's what I'd do. I am very fortunate that my parents were able to buy me my truck new but at the same time I know that if I did something bad enough to make them sell it they dang sure wouldn't buy me another one. I'd be lucky to have a bicycle.

On a side note, why were they so upset that you took your truck to the track and legally raced it and what's so wrong with doing it?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
DTR question asker

Here's my logic:

Racing your truck at the track got you a 1500 v6.

Therefore:

Street racing the 1500 will get you a brand new Cummins .

I think what we are all missing here is if your parents were so mad at you why did they go buy you a new truck?

My parents used to take my stuff away and tell me to get over it and I'd get it back after I had proved I could be responsible with it again.

Save the money on rims, and go do somthing nice for ur mom an dad, because there great parents.
+1
Old 06-25-2007, 03:46 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Isn't making him drive a V6 punishment enough?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Banned

^^^ logan thats a little harsh dont you think.

i think i understand what trappers folks were thinking. youll sure are busting his bearings over this deal. his mom probably got worried about him having an accident and realized that a diesel is capable of being pretty quick. so they thought that a V6 would slow him down and be a reasonably safe truck. some parents just fly off the handle and dont necessarily think things all the way through or maybe they just wanted him in a little more conservative truck. he went from a 3/4 ton 4x4 to a reg cab V6. not like they bought him a corvette.

trapper good luck with the new truck. look into an exhaust and im sure youll find some bling for the wheels

brett
Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM

HUH? Hopefully the OP left out alot of the story or just typed it wrong. The way I read it is that his mom was so mad that she rushed out and bought him a 2007 spankin' new truck???????? THAT will teach you not to race now won't it...

I think if she wanted to teach him a lesson she would have rushed out and bought him a Schwinn 20" bike... or worse yet a FORD !!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Micaiahfied
so they got mad at you for taking your truck to an actual track and racing it... not street racing right? then the punishment is to take you out and buy you a brand new truck "loaded with everything"? i'm a little confused....
It's called spoiled. Still confused??
Old 06-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Rustyshakelford.... YOU are the only one who got it. Sorry guys that i couldnt explain it any bed or that yall got confused. Yes i am a little spoiled i guess i have had 3 great trucks. but my parents are not rich. lol or i would have a brand new diesel. lol Anyway.. My mom got me this new truck because it got me into a NEW truck and LOWER PAYMENTS by like a $100 a month cheaper. And my parents were upset but the only reason i got the new truck was because of the deal they gave me. I got this truck for like $11,000 and thats it!!!!!! and it is loaded. But yes when i grad... and get a job i will get another diesel. Sorry for the confusion.
Trapper.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM

WOW sorry guys that was me (Big Dblue)^^^^^^ i am at my buddys house LOL
Old 06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 01 Dwhite
WOW sorry guys that was me (Big Dblue)^^^^^^ i am at my buddys house LOL
Bad idea. We don't allow people to post under other people's accounts. Your buddy should've logged out and let you log in.

From the site rules:
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep your username appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another member, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another member's account to post messages or browse this forum.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LOGAN
personally your parents are idiots, resale on the cummins is 3 times what the resale on the v6 truck is, i would take the V6 to the track just to make them mad.
ease up a little, dont think that'll fly here
Old 06-25-2007, 09:32 PM

Something smells here
Puhhhhhh weeeeeeee
Maybe it's just me?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
Bad idea. We don't allow people to post under other people's accounts. Your buddy should've logged out and let you log in.

From the site rules:
I have a feeling that it was a mistake. I know I've done it by accident. Just go and get on your buddy's comp and just start looking at posts and start posting out of habit. Cut him a little slack. I mean he did just get his cummins taken from him.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Box5
Go race this truck, and tell them diesels are slow so u won't speed and they should get u a new cummins.

Save the money on rims, and go do somthing nice for ur mom an dad, because there great parents.
What he said...and consider spending your money and time on your coursework for college, that will make them really excited for you.

I'm glad you appreciate your parents and thier provision. BTW they and you are rich by the world's (that means outside the USA) standards. 92% of the world's population do not own & drive thier own veichle. Still over 60% have never placed or recieved a phone call.

Be thankful...
Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my reasoning behind saying that is why would you get a truck that will cost you more money in the end.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Banned

Well.....

did you see any good diesel runs at Ennis? I'm the fastest I have ever personally seen there and thats when i was running 14's (juice and stock turbo)

I need to go back and run that track.

For the record, it took my parents over a year to find out I had raced it there but it wasn't a secret. The whole town knew i beat the powerstroke everyone thought was fast!

Quick Reply: Diesel Gone, Help me with per..on my new Gas!!!