Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DeWalt, Porter-Cable or Milwaulkee.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 12:00 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:DeWalt, Porter-Cable or Milwaulkee.....

Try to get one with the front handle. You won't strip so many screws. Iv'e been waiting for my Craftsman to puke so I can get another. Been using my corded, Dewalt with front handle instead. With the added handle, I've broke the drive bit screwing into oak, before the screw stripped. Couple more charges on the Craftsman then the batteries will be shot. Then I can "justify" the new one. (It's been an ok drill, but the last Craftsman I'll own other than wrenches.)
Old 07-04-2003, 12:15 AM

The really old Makitas were great, I have a 12v that will just nit die, DeWalt is a good brand also. For my business I spent a few extra pennies and bought the Milwaukee 18v Lok Tor, that thing is an animal, with 2 batts I can run it a full 8 hours worth of work.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:35 AM

Leaning toward Milwaukee when the time comes myself (before winter, need a router table first). Got the Milwaukee circular saw last spring, and LOVE it! Course, the red storage boxes look good on the flat bed too.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:47 AM

I've had DeWalt, and Milwaulkee, and I have to say, I am, n ot the easiest guy when it comes to tools (I'm a specialized contractor). I LOVE my Milwaulkee stuff. My dewalts are good, don't get me wrong, but if I had to choose, and I did, I'd have to go with Milwaukee. Just my .02
Old 07-04-2003, 10:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Black and Decker 14.4v Firestorm drill and am very happy with it. Plus it is [glow=orange, 2, 300]BRIGHT ORANGE[/glow] ;D 14.4v was the highest voltage available when I got it. I'd get the higher voltage if I was buying now though. The battery will last longer with higher voltage.<br><br>I heard someplace that the Dewalt was made by B&amp;D, or visa versa. They do look pretty similar. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?<br><br>Chris
Old 07-04-2003, 11:26 PM

I have an early, pre yellow, dewalt miter saw with a B&amp;D stamp on it.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:07 AM

Check out the Firestorms, I think they are actually made by Dewalt and sold as generic. I have an 14V dewalt and a 18V firestorm and it performs as well and in some cases (battery life) a little better. They are substantially cheaper than the dewalt, close to half. I purchased the 18V for less money than the 14. Also I use the same battery charger for both batteries 14 and 18 V. Home Depot and Lowes both carry them.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:14 AM

Stamey I didnt read you post until after I replied. I think you hit the nail right on the head. Only diffrence I can see in them.... The firestorm chucks up a lil diffrent. Gotta be the same company producing them. Just a diffrence in price.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My family owns a commercial sound contracting business. The installers there all like Bosch for the balance and servicability by a local rep.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=Bart Timothy link=board=10;threadid=16594;start=15#156754 date=1057383970]<br>My family owns a commercial sound contracting business. The installers there all like Bosch for the balance and servicability by a local rep.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I have a Bosch 12&quot; compound miter saw that is an excellent tool. I've done a lot of crown molding and baseboard with that saw.