Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Dependable Reliable yet somewhat twisted breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Lary Lary Quite Contrary, show Bobby your LEGGS and say...

WANNA SEE MY LEGGS ALL SLATHERED IN MAYO?

Old 04-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
No can do...no mayo in the house....would Grey Poupon work?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Yes but of course dear eldest twin. Bobby would appreciate your level of standards.
Not all mustards/condiments are created equal. Just like our LEGGS!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty
Yes but of course dear eldest twin. Bobby would appreciate your level of standards.
Ahhh yesss...indubitably so

I found out that Bob should be added to our Brother Legger list having driven his 6 speed all the way from NC to Florida with a broken left leg

If that doesn't qualify him as a full fledged Legger member, I don't know what does
Old 04-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Top's Younger Twin

I concur! Free spatula for Bobby for slathering.
Welcome BobbyBustedButt!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sometimes guys get in a hurry or just don't see that something isn't the way it is supposed to be especially at the Dealerships.
That explains everything dealership.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:10 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
Hedi just slap a Cummins in it more power easier to get parts for ect.
that would be easier. whole day trying to get pistons /oversize, no parts available unless I want to order direct from japan for 2 grand. (rebuild kit) neighbor has a series higher motor for 1000 bucks. yeah, a cummins would be too easy.....

maple syrup done. even took a nice ride through the mountains for a buckwheat, ham n egg all u can eat breakfast from the maple syrup king, cartwright's maple tree inn. over 50 years and still family run. only place to have a high tech, super duty evaporator. they process about a thousand gallons of sap an hour. and you can walk through the whole process along with the antiques of the 1800s.

scottbro, lot of free manure spreaders, rickety hay wagons, tedders and grain bins are eight ton. two truck frames. all else require more than your pretty face.....
Old 04-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Lary Lary Quite Contrary, show Bobby your LEGGS and say... WANNA SEE MY LEGGS ALL SLATHERED IN MAYO?
You don't know me - - honest - - I am not here..............

Absolutely not - - hate it......................

WOULD NOT APPRECIATE IT AT ALL.......

I found out that Bob should be added to our Brother Legger list having driven his 6 speed all the way from NC to Florida with a broken left leg

If that doesn't qualify him as a full fledged Legger member, I don't know what does
OH PLEASE - - SPARE ME ANY FURTHER EMBARASSMENT. PLEASE. ......

I concur! Free spatula for Bobby for slathering.
Welcome BobbyBustedButt!
My buddies??? What would I do without you???????? Hmmmm, be normal????............

Blood all over the breakroom again. What is going on out there in the stock market? Supposed to be upswing - - another horrible day. Could buy a new truck with my losses the last two days. YUK. Makes my LEGGS weak. ......Oh mercy, what did I just say???? This place is contagious. Going to bed and try to sleep it off.

Nighty night,

NuttyBobby
Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the weather holds off tomorrow, I will have a 50+ hour week in this week.

In 4 days.

Had to replace some bearings on the stalk smasher yesterday, took the generator, grinder, and torches out in the field to do it. Yet the spare new bearings couldn't stay in the truck because "we might not have this truck next time". "The tools we need are in that truck so what's the difference?".

Someone wanted to argue so I took the spare bearings in the tractor like he wanted, and one bounced around and broke a connector on a wire harness for the GPS.

And the entire harness needs replaced. Yeah, just because the spare bearing had to stay with the equipment instead of going home with the tools needed to change it. So I am counting rows and driving by hand. Not a happy camper today.

Til I got home.

Got another credit card offer from capital one. Complete with prepaid return envelope. And I had an idea.

Tore up the one page with my address and this is what is in the envelope waiting to go back to them:
Name:  P041114_2059_zps0c1b9c8d.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  54.2 KB

Going to bed. Tomorrow could be a loooong day. Not going to go through all I missed. At least not tonight.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Top's Younger Twin

ECHO Echo e c h o
Old 04-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Admin Team Leader

Cleaned the gunk out of the coffee pot and sanitized it, made a fresh pot and filled the carafe with Almond mocha for Bob. Fresh fried apple pies and cinnibuns on the counter enjoy!

Yall have a SAFE weekend!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:55 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
What's with the coffee? It tastes ......different.

Oh well, got my roll and coffee. Off the (rat) races.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Cleaned the gunk out of the coffee pot and sanitized it, made a fresh pot and filled the carafe with Almond mocha for Bob. Fresh fried apple pies and cinnibuns on the counter enjoy!

Yall have a SAFE weekend!
Finally figured I would slow down and see if anyone made ph00 and coffee. Wow, what a treat - - thanks Lary. You is da man. ......................

Have a great day.

TiredAllReadyBob
ps: anyone hear an echo in here? Weird. Strangely familiar, yet not. Really weird accent on it. ............
Old 04-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Saturday all y'all, I haven't been around all week as I had to go away on business. I know I am a bit of a worry wart but I never post anywhere on the web that I am leaving home until I am actually back. The web can be a lot of fun but it can be dangerous too. It may seem that I am too hyper-vigilant but if you live in this part of Alberta it isn't hard to find Dalemead on a map and it would be really easy to figure out where Sean lives just by asking anyone in the neighborhood. Seeing as our nearest neighbor is about half a mile away, a lot could happen here and no one would ever hear or know it. All that being said, I am home now and ready to help out with the normal breakroom weirdness. DW and I dodged a bullet. Every time I go away something weird happens to the house - something breaks, a drain gets plugged etc. Whatever force makes this happen missed the mark by 24 hours this time. Last Sunday morning I went into our utility room and heard a hissing sound that sounded like a pinhole in a tire. I immediately assumed we had some kind of leak in the bladder for the pressure tank for the well. I was wrong but not that far wrong. It was a plumbing issue. Almost all of the plumbing in the house is PVC or PEX. However, the lines that come out of the water softener are corrugated copper (the corrugations allow stress relief if there are vibrations). The water softener is about 15 years old. The hissing noise was because a tiny pinhole had opened in the corrugation of the copper line and the really small but high pressure stream of water was spraying onto the vapor barrier of the wall. I couldn't repair the problem on a Sunday as those corruated copper pipes with the correct threaded end of them aren't something you can get at Home Depot and the specialty plumbing shops aren't open on Sunday. I was able to cut the PEX before the copper and splice in a new piece of PEX to bypass the water softener all together but of course that particular piece of plumbing is 3/4" PEX and all I keep in the shop is 1/2" PEX. Oh well, a short trip to the city anda few dollars worth of supplies and the problem was solved. Now I just need to get those copper lines next week so I can get the water softener hooked up again. Our well water is so hard that you don't even get a hint of suds when you wash your hands without the softener.
Well, everyone, enough whining about my plumbing woes. Have a happy Saturday. Play safe.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Happy Saturday all y'all, I haven't been around all week as I had to go away on business. I know I am a bit of a worry wart but I never post anywhere on the web that I am leaving home until I am actually back. The web can be a lot of fun but it can be dangerous too. It may seem that I am too hyper-vigilant but if you live in this part of Alberta it isn't hard to find Dalemead on a map and it would be really easy to figure out where Sean lives just by asking anyone in the neighborhood. Seeing as our nearest neighbor is about half a mile away, a lot could happen here and no one would ever hear or know it. All that being said, I am home now and ready to help out with the normal breakroom weirdness. DW and I dodged a bullet. Every time I go away something weird happens to the house - something breaks, a drain gets plugged etc. Whatever force makes this happen missed the mark by 24 hours this time. Last Sunday morning I went into our utility room and heard a hissing sound that sounded like a pinhole in a tire. I immediately assumed we had some kind of leak in the bladder for the pressure tank for the well. I was wrong but not that far wrong. It was a plumbing issue. Almost all of the plumbing in the house is PVC or PEX. However, the lines that come out of the water softener are corrugated copper (the corrugations allow stress relief if there are vibrations). The water softener is about 15 years old. The hissing noise was because a tiny pinhole had opened in the corrugation of the copper line and the really small but high pressure stream of water was spraying onto the vapor barrier of the wall. I couldn't repair the problem on a Sunday as those corruated copper pipes with the correct threaded end of them aren't something you can get at Home Depot and the specialty plumbing shops aren't open on Sunday. I was able to cut the PEX before the copper and splice in a new piece of PEX to bypass the water softener all together but of course that particular piece of plumbing is 3/4" PEX and all I keep in the shop is 1/2" PEX. Oh well, a short trip to the city anda few dollars worth of supplies and the problem was solved. Now I just need to get those copper lines next week so I can get the water softener hooked up again. Our well water is so hard that you don't even get a hint of suds when you wash your hands without the softener.
Well, everyone, enough whining about my plumbing woes. Have a happy Saturday. Play safe.
Wow Sean...good catch on that...like you my timing isn't usually that sweet though it sure was a few years ago.

We had electric baseboard heating as our primary heat back before I installed the two heat pumps and my wife and I were pulling out Friday night to go out of town and do some shopping when she returned from her annual shopping trip with her Mother and Sister.

As they were packing to leave the Hotel they were in, my wife stepped on a big sewing needle that somebody had dropped on the floor and to make a long story short, she didn't feel like walking all over another mall so we stayed home.

That night we sat watching TV at home instead of spending the night out of town as we had planned when without warning the baseboard heater exploded in flames and they immediately were licking up the paneled wall about 2 feet

I ran to kill the power and my wife ran for the fire extinguisher in the kitchen and we met back there in time to watch the flames go out thanks to killing the circuit.

We often talk about how close we came to losing everything if she had NOT stepped on that sewing needle in that other Hotel room....

Quick Reply: The Dependable Reliable yet somewhat twisted breakroom