Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Dependable Reliable yet somewhat twisted breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
The Dependable Reliable yet somewhat twisted breakroom

Fresh paint and new wallpaper...
Enjoy!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty

Fresh paint and new wallpaper...
Enjoy!
OK, paint and wallpaper - - - I can't drink them. Did your coffee mug thingy mean you made ph00? NO - - there ain't none. What a buddy. OK, I made ph00. Hey, does look better in here - - you even painted behind the furry thing - - the wall behind him was horrible. I love how much paint you got on the furry thing - - he/she(??) looks better also.

Grabbing my ph00 and gone..................

Have a great day.

Bob
Old 04-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Chaikwa, the pet prints are something the pet crematoriums around here offer. See below what the paw prints look like.
Those are pretty awesome, thanks for sharing!

I have nothing to say on top of what Shorts just said so I will stay silent.
Hard to top that I'd say. Beautiful and eloquent thoughts that simply cannot be added to.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
OK, I made ph00. Grabbing my ph00 and gone..................
And didn't make c0ffee for the normal folks. I better not EVER hear you complaining that I didn't make the ph00. EVER!

Good morning all.

It is Sunday, April 6th.

1789 - The first U.S. Congress began regular sessions at the Federal Hall in New York City.

1830 - Joseph Smith and five others organized the Mormon Church in western New York.

1830 - Relations between the Texans and Mexico reached a new low when Mexico would not allow further emigration into Texas by settlers from the U.S.

1862 - The American Civil War Battle of Shiloh began in Tennessee.

1865 - At the Battle of Sayler's Creek, a third of Lee's army was cut off by Union troops pursuing him to Appomattox.

1875 - Alexander Graham Bell was granted a patent for the multiple telegraph, which sent two signals at the same time.

1917 - The U.S. Congress approved a declaration of war on Germany and entered World War I on the Allied side.

1924 - Four planes left Seattle on the first successful flight around the world.

1941 - German forces invaded Greece and Yugoslavia.

1957 - Trolley cars in New York City completed their final runs.

1965 - U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson authorized the use of ground troops in combat operations in Vietnam.

1967 - In South Vietnam, 1,500 Viet Cong attacked Quangtri and freed 200 prisoners.

1983 - The U.S. Veteran's Administration announced it would give free medical care for conditions traceable to radiation exposure to more than 220,000 veterans who participated in nuclear tests from 1945 to 1962.

1987 - The Dow Jones industrial average closed above 2,400 for the first time.

1998 - The Dow Jones industrial average closed above 9,000 points for the first time.

1998 - Federal researchers in the U.S. announced that daily tamoxifen pills could cut breast cancer risk among high-risk women.

Today's thought:
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved, as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

And with that in mind, allow me to give you all today's c0ffee!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Top's Younger Twin

I used the leftover wallpaper to filter the coffee and the leftover fucia paint is part of the phoo goo.
My feeling is hurt by the assumptions that I didn't make the beverages.
I even made some 'special' turnovers with some paper towel and cheese from the mouse traps.
Geez
Old 04-06-2014, 08:29 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning.

Bright shiny day out here. Had coffee and oatmeal. Went out and picked worms off my zucchini plants, those jerks.

Tallguy, I like those paw prints too. That is a neat idea, I'm going to hang onto it. You mentioned having ups and downs. You are right, had a few of them already and I expect more to come.

Our crematorium sent us an envelope with a few poems and nice little lapel pin with paw prints. The box is also a little nicer for a cardboard box. It looks like a gift box, white background with black paw prints on it. I thought that was a respectful basic box. We have a nice dark walnut wooden urn on the way and a nameplate that I'll attach. There is also a photo window so I can put a 4x6 of my choosing.

I mentioned to Chaikwa I got my photo prints from Shutterfly. I uploaded all my photos of Chester, hit purchase all and turned all the digitals to a 4x6 prints. I was flipping through them yesterday. Something about having a hard copy that makes it better. I'm going to reorder various sizes of certain pictures for the house. There are some really great photos, not just of him, but him and us in major events and places of our lives. Our stories are there. It is great to see them and be reminded of the awesome things we've done together.

Well, I better get moving, going to hit the grocery store before it gets crazy. Anybody need anything? Put it on the list.

Yall have a good one.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Morning all.
Wifey in town this weekend......
All's Well.

Already had to roll in to work this AM as a "FNG" managed to break something.
Quick fix, then back home for more coffee and donuts.
Sunny but chilly.
Planning to wash both trucks today.
Lead truck is/was mine (now Wifey's)
Rear truck is my work provided take home truck.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good morning all y'all, breakfast is done, dog is walked and now it is time to enjoy a beautiful spring day on the edge of the Prairies. We are under a spring runoff warning due to the huge amount of snow, the sudden really warm temperatures and the fact that the snowmelt is going to be running overland since the ground is still frozen solid.
Have an awesome Sunday everyone.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning fellow DTRotarions;

Well Bark was up on S-490 heading down from McGahan Industrial Airpark & I see a sign

(Alaska Classic Adventures) & I THINK OF BARK -Naw don`t want to learn how to tame shrews !

Claude
Old 04-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Good morning all y'all, We are under a spring runoff warning due to the huge amount of snow, the sudden really warm temperatures and the fact that the snowmelt is going to be running overland since the ground is still frozen solid.
Have an awesome Sunday everyone.
And we all know what that means for us prairie folks over here.
Its not yet been REAL warm here but it starts tomorrow. Our yard still has a couple feet of snow, front and back. With the frost reaching down below 8ft this winter, its going to be interesting how the melt occurs.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:39 PM

I was going to work all day again today... but the 7250 had other plans. There's a little brass fitting behind the coolant filter shut-off that cracked over the winter when a new hose was put on it. Couldn't find anything to plug it off in the shop and couldn't get the busted-off part easy-outed either.
Weaned fall calves this morning. One cow kicked me in the back of the leg, otherwise they were pretty calm. Calves even walked right through the corral and into the trailers. Was almost scary!
Found out my new pocketknife is sharp yesterday, too. If it was a little closer when it started I would have sliced a chunk of skin clean off my finger.
Got some blueberries, currants, and raspberries to plant sometime soon here. Tried it 2 years ago (2012, bad drought) and the grasshoppers got them. The red onions that sprouted in the fridge that I planted in a pot are growing pretty well too.
High near 60, cloudy, good chance of rain, for today. Not a cloud in the sky right now.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Shorts, I was thinking about that weed-eater you mentioned...I used to have one of those, I think the brand was homelite or something like that, I do remember the name of the model..."bandit".

So one saturday I mowed the lawn and the driveway, there´s about 1/4 mile driveway with grass on both sides and in the middle.
After that I went out and fired up the "bandit" to get the grass around the trees and so, but that thing threw grass everywhere, so when I was done I was about as green as I could be.
To be sure not to get grass all over the house, I took off my jeans and T-shirt outside before I took a shover, that´s when this conversation happened.
GF: Why´d you put your clothes out on the lawn?
Me: Because it´s got grass all over it, I´ll let it dry and brush it off tomorrow.
GF: But you remember that my mom is coming this afternoon right?
Me: Yes dear.
GF: then what´s you gonna tell her if or when she asks you what happened?
Me: I´ll just tell her the truth, that I´ve been out swinging the "bandit" around.
GF: Yeah you´re right you ain´t.

Grabbing coffee and on my way...

Slev
Old 04-06-2014, 03:51 PM

So one saturday I mowed the lawn and the driveway, there´s about 1/4 mile driveway with grass on both sides and in the middle.
After that I went out and fired up the "bandit" to get the grass around the trees and so, but that thing threw grass everywhere, so when I was done I was about as green as I could be.
My uncle won a John Deere-branded wead-eater at an open house and turned it up, sometimes we'd use pieces of bike cable in it instead of string. Twice a summer I started at one end with it and my cousin started at the other and we'd wead-eat the entire pasture fence, good 5 miles of it. If all went well we'd finish in a day. Usually took 2.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 PM

Anyone else hate it when they go to edit a story and then keep re-editing it and end up just deleting the whole thing because the edits were just making less and less sense?
Old 04-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by slevhansen
Well Shorts, I was thinking about that weed-eater you mentioned...I used to have one of those, I think the brand was homelite or something like that, I do remember the name of the model..."bandit".

To be sure not to get grass all over the house, I took off my jeans and T-shirt outside before I took a shover, that´s when this conversation happened.
GF: Why´d you put your clothes out on the lawn?
Me: Because it´s got grass all over it, I´ll let it dry and brush it off tomorrow.
GF: But you remember that my mom is coming this afternoon right?
Me: Yes dear.
GF: then what´s you gonna tell her if or when she asks you what happened?
Me: I´ll just tell her the truth, that I´ve been out swinging the "bandit" around.
GF: Yeah you´re right you ain´t.

Grabbing coffee and on my way...

Slev
Funny stuff!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Folks!

Coffee is on and fresh Phoo for GardeningBob

Hope you all have a safe week out there and remember to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you

Quick Reply: The Dependable Reliable yet somewhat twisted breakroom