Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dependable American made shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think boots are very feet-specific. I personally go through wolverines on a yearly basis--I am going to try redwings my next pair
Old 01-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Dave65
How warm are they Hoss?
I am looking for a warm pair of boots.
I live in a pretty warm climate so it might not be fair for me to say, but I've never really had a problem with my feet getting cold.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by induchman
Ariats are too narrow
You're aware that they come in different widths, right? The Cavenders where I bought mine only carried them in a D, which is too narrow for me. They ordered me some double E's though...and I think they said they could get up to 4E for those people with hobbit feet.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by y-knot
If it's that tight, sell the diesel and get a ricer.
Easy boys...he didn't mean it. Put the ropes down and calmly step away from the shotguns. Easy now......it's gonna be okay.....let's all just stay calm and not get carried away.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Chapter President

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by y-knot
If it's that tight, sell the diesel and get a ricer.

I'll Be honest. I am thinking of selling my expensive truck. I make $400 payments and I really have a hard time affording boots. I just walked in the door from trudging in the snow all day. It is ironic that I was just thinking about this subject while I was wringing out my socks. I do have a pair of waterproof boots, but they keep pulling my socks down. I need new boots
Old 01-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Hoss
You're aware that they come in different widths, right? The Cavenders where I bought mine only carried them in a D, which is too narrow for me. They ordered me some double E's though...and I think they said they could get up to 4E for those people with hobbit feet.
That would be me.

I don't get(have) to wear work boots, tennis shoes or sandals for me, unless I'm barefoot

I can't wear most off the shelf tennis shoes (or whatever they call them these days), Nike, Reebok, Adidas etc are all too narrow.
Not to mention they only get like one pair of 13's per shipment.
I think my foot is at least an E, if not a double EE.
Only brand of athletic footwear I can wear are New Balance.
They kinda cater to the odd footed individual.

phox
Old 01-28-2004, 02:55 AM

If you found a store that only sold American products, it would probably be built out of Chinese steel and staffed by illeagals. This "Global" thing gets me tighter than a pair of 98 cent shorts, probably made in Japan. It is so frustrating to watch the American flag swirling down the toilet. It's like a runaway Diesel, it'll go for a while but eventually explode. Jim
Old 01-28-2004, 08:29 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

If you buy Wolverine/Caterpillar, you would be supporting the economy here in town. The plant and leather tannery is here in Rockford, Mi. There is a big distribution wherehouse to the north in Howard City. I don't know if the hide comes from India, but it's a good local crew that assembles them.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Administrator

I've seen the Cat shoes. Never bought a pair yet. I will look for those brands now that I know about them. Thanks
Old 01-28-2004, 09:09 AM

American made products are from where?
America is from the North Pole to Tierra del Fuego. Therefore American made products can be from Canada, USA, Mexico, all of Central and South America.

Everything else is foreign made.

Most notably from Taiwan, China, Korea, Vietnam, SE Asia and the Phillipines. I will not buy goods from them, nor should we be importing goods from those countries that support terrorism.

12 quad E feet: Ariats makes them in double E but not in quad.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:40 AM

danners are best boot. i do alot of climbing/deck welding, welding and have yet to catch them on fire. wolverines burn too easy, redwings wear out too quick for me, chippewas are ok i guess, but im impressed with danners and being in trade i am im probably harder on a boot than most people.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:59 PM

As mentioned boots are very 'feet specific'.

I like Whites boots, and Nicks boots, both hand made and rebuidable for many years of comfort. Very spendy but when the rebuildable part is figured in, not any more money than the Red Wings, Danners, and such.

On one of the websites I visit boots recently came up and some models of Danners are made in Asia somewhere. I guess the global economy has made boots shopping a PITA also.

I like to buy American, but don't forget about our friends up north in Canada. They make great campers, beer, Pac-brakes, BD products, and other products that are too numourous to mention.

steve