Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dependable American made shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hay, take them back! No-ones twisting your arm to keep them.

It is nice to buy American, but getting tougher all the time. I like Red Wing, they always seemed to feel good. Also Gorgian, makes a good boot. It a dang shame that Dodge can not assemble there trucks in America, like most Chevys and Fords are.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red Wings, Danners, Ariats and Georgia Boot & Whites/Hathorns. Have had them all. Only ones that fit right (4E) are the Georgia Boot. Ariats are too narrow, Red Wings & Whites are too expensive. Danners are priced right. You can buy Ariats, Danners & Hathorns at www.cabelas.com

Funny thing the Cabelas Kangaroo Boots (also made in USA) which are really Browning Boots can't be shipped to Cali. Wonder why that is? A ban on Kangaroo imports....hey they're already dead.

y-knot: Sure they can, but labor is cheaper in Mexico.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:32 PM

I got my right foot crushed on 1989 at work, 7 hours in operating room and 14 weeks at home and 3 months of complaining about my boots. I finally had a guy tell me about the redwings, they are all I can wear, light as a feather and they last better than the rest. And yes when I got hurt I had on steel toes, the pump caught me behind the steel toe, didn't even break the skin, the doctor almost had a cow when he saw the e-ray. I think the pair I bought last year cost me about $160.00
Old 01-26-2004, 06:54 PM

Justin makes a pretty good boot and the pair I have has a AMERICAN FLAG right on the tongue!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:03 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Matterhorns if you're going to be on your feet all day after day. Bates are also good.The main thing is getting the right fit.

myarsemayachebutmyfeetdon'tShortround out
Old 01-26-2004, 08:08 PM

There is not a better made pair of work boots than Whites- period.
Once you get a pair, you will never wear any other kind of work boot ever again.
They are pretty expensive, but worth every cent.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Banned

I am not sure about your priorities, but if I am going to stand all day on my feet, and work, I am going to be a comfortable as I can be. It doesn't matter what you buy, they are all expensive. But I sure as heck am not going to sick my DOGS in a pair of boots that don't feel good just so I can save 30-40 bucks! You guys must be out of your minds, get un-comfortable for that? No-way, not me....if I can not spare the change to put my feet in a good, comfortable, and safe boot, I'll just stay home. Come on now, were talking about your feet, you only got two. And you sure wont make much money with out both of them. If it's that tight, sell the diesel and get a ricer.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:15 PM

i've worn rocky boots for about 10 yrs now and i love them. i use them for work, play, anything. waterproof and warm. i am not sure if they are american made or not. i dont want to look at the tag now cause ill be broken hearted if they are not american. took me way to long to find a pair of boots i can wear 12 or more hours a day and not have my feet hurt. scott
Old 01-26-2004, 10:32 PM

If your looking for a good pair of American made boots you cant go wrong with a pair of Justins. Can be expensive but well worth it.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:03 AM

Originally posted by PumpDaddy
I think the pair I bought last year cost me about $160.00
Red Wings boots in Canada are $300 (Canadian) and guys still buy them...I havent owned a pair myself but a few guys at work have them and are really happy with their performance and durability....but I have heard conflicting reports on Red Wings in the past.

The last pair of steel toes I bought were Wolverine Durashocks....$180. They felt good in the store but turned out to be pretty much garbage, IMO - made in Taiwan also. Terrible on ice and snow too (polyurethane outsole)....I also bought a cheap pair of extra boots for $75 and I actually liked them better and wear them more...

But, I'll probably try Red Wings next....
Old 01-27-2004, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by Dave65
My wife and I have made a packed with each other,not to buy anything unless it is made in America,it is hard to do I know but we have to support our own..
Did you start that after you bought the Ram?
Old 01-27-2004, 05:52 AM

Originally posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
Did you start that after you bought the Ram?
Well mine wasn't built in Mexico but I am sure most of the parts was.And yes it has been recently that we made that decision.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:57 AM

Originally posted by Dave65
Well mine wasn't built in Mexico but I am sure most of the parts was.And yes it has been recently that we made that decision.
Just pickin Dave.. Actually mine was made in St.Louis also. Its an honorable goal if you can reach it, hard to do today. Have a good day.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:09 AM

Originally posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
Just pickin Dave.. Actually mine was made in St.Louis also. Its an honorable goal if you can reach it, hard to do today. Have a good day.
I think there is like 1 or 2 % of american products on store shelves,it seems that way anyway,it is really sad.

But as for the Ram,I would buy a Mexican built Dodge,I just wouldn't be able to help myself on that one
Old 01-27-2004, 11:29 AM

I used to wear Redwings all the time. Great boots but 4 or 5 years ago I switched to Danner and best boots you'll ever wear. Never skimp on boots or toliet paper.

Quick Reply: Dependable American made shoes