Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dependable American made shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That ain't nothin, I just bought four pairs of Wolverine work shoes and guess where they are made at? China.........
And the bad part about it, they were near $100 a pair.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dieseldude4x4
That ain't nothin, I just bought four pairs of Wolverine work shoes and guess where they are made at? China.........
And the bad part about it, they were near $100 a pair.
get your self a pair of REDWINGS, made in america. they cost 2x as much, but last 4x as long
Old 01-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Didn't know about the Redwings. I'll definately check them out.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:47 PM
CJ

Dieseldude- try a pair of Danners, I got my first pair 7-8 years ago and won't wear anyting else. Made in Oregon.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll throw another vote in for Red Wings. Mine have probably four years of shop time on them and they are finally needing replaced. I'm getting another pair.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by CJ
Dieseldude- try a pair of Danners, I got my first pair 7-8 years ago and won't wear anyting else. Made in Oregon.
Cool, where do you find the Danners at?
I have a habit (learned in the service) of not wearing the same pair of shoes more than one day at a time so I always buy either four or five pairs and rotate through them during the week.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:10 AM

Another vote for Danners been wearing them for years in cold and hot weather. I liked mine better than red wings I had but just my opinion.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:54 AM

Danners are pricey, but the pair I have have been thru hell and back and still are in good shape. Worth every penny.-Steve
Old 01-25-2004, 03:19 PM

I second the Redwings
Old 01-25-2004, 05:09 PM

Whether it is Danners or redwings the important thing is MADE IN AMERICA. and to that degree they should be pricey it means that Americans are feeding thier families and buying the products that I help produce. I will gladly pay the price for American Made Products even if it is several times the price for the same goods. READ: I'm not too fond of pea pods and rice day after day.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:53 PM

My wife and I have made a packed with each other,not to buy anything unless it is made in America,it is hard to do I know but we have to support our own..
Old 01-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by dodgedude361
get your self a pair of REDWINGS, made in america. they cost 2x as much, but last 4x as long
Forget Redwings. The best boots I've ever owned I'm wearing now....made by ARIAT . I've had them since August of 2000, worn them nearly every day and done anything you can imagine in them. They're still comfortable, the soles are hardly worn and the leather is holding up very nicely. This is the first pair of shoes/boots I've ever been able to get more than a year out of...and that includes Redwings, Wolverines, Justin and several others.

My wife got me a new pair for Christmas......but they're just too good lookin' to scuff up so I only wear them to church for now. Besides....I can get another year out of the old ones.

I had one pair of Redwings. The soles wore unevenly and they never were comfortable. For $189 I expected more.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by Hoss
Forget Redwings. The best boots I've ever owned I'm wearing now....made by ARIAT . I've had them since August of 2000, worn them nearly every day and done anything you can imagine in them. They're still comfortable, the soles are hardly worn and the leather is holding up very nicely. This is the first pair of shoes/boots I've ever been able to get more than a year out of...and that includes Redwings, Wolverines, Justin and several others.

My wife got me a new pair for Christmas......but they're just too good lookin' to scuff up so I only wear them to church for now. Besides....I can get another year out of the old ones.

I had one pair of Redwings. The soles wore unevenly and they never were comfortable. For $189 I expected more.
How warm are they Hoss?
I am looking for a warm pair of boots.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:25 PM

My wife and I have made a packed with each other,not to buy anything unless it is made in America,it is hard to do I know but we have to support our own..

I would like to see a store that features ONLY American made goods. Not sure if something like that would fly, but it would be nice if it would put a cramp in Wal Marts style.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by Ram04
I would like to see a store that features ONLY American made goods. Not sure if something like that would fly, but it would be nice if it would put a cramp in Wal Marts style.
Yep Walmart in our area use to have record sales,now they are strugling,serves them right.

Quick Reply: Dependable American made shoes