Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Deer camp and left over break room

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa

This is a serious situation, which fortunately is looking like it's going as well as can be hoped, and I'm not making light of it, BUT...
is it just me that has realized the similarities of Ianna's moods and actions, and that of her grandfathers?
Scott, that is the nicest thing you could ever say about me and Ianna. She definitely is a lot like me in looks and personality. Good looking, smart, well spoken, motivated, a leader - - so very much like me. YEP.......... ........................Thanks for noticing................

First performance went well - - tired - - hitting the sack. Morry,

Bob
Old 12-06-2013, 04:06 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
She definitely is a lot like me in looks and personality. Good looking, smart, - so very much like me.
Don't forget humble.

Went swimming (at the community pool) for the first time in years tonight. It wore me out.
Had some elderly lady accidentally wander into the guys shower area. Sounded like a bunch of girls screaming.
I discovered how old I am getting because I just didn't care.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
I looked at them, then found this place... made for kids her size, not too pricey since we dont know if she will really want to learn or not yet, and it sounds like they have a decent reputation for decent beginner stuff:
http://www.guitarworksinc.net/STORE/...productid=1419
Good. Long as you found something!

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Prayers sent and repeated....and it IS unusually kind of you ...scary really....
I'm ALWAYS 'kind'!

Originally Posted by Bark
Somebody told me that the acetone thins the ATF enough to work its way in tight places than the acetone evaporates leaving just the oil. Is that the theory or was he BSing me.
How the heck would I know? I got the recipe from YOU!

Mornin'.

It is Friday, December 6th.

1790 - The U.S. Congress moved from New York to Philadelphia.

1865 - The 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified. The amendment abolished slavery in the U.S.

1877 - Thomas Edison demonstrated the first gramophone, with a recording of himself reciting Mary Had a Little Lamb.

1884 - The construction of the Washington Monument was completed by Army engineers. The project took 34 years.

1889 - Jefferson Davis died in New Orleans. He was the first and only president of the Confederate States of America.

1907 - In Monongah, WV, 361 people were killed in America's worst mine disaster.

1917 - More than 1,600 people died when two munitions ships collided in the harbor at Halifax, Nova Scotia.

1923 - U.S. President Calvin Coolidge became the first president to give a presidential address that was broadcast on radio.

1947 - Everglades National Park in Florida was dedicated by U.S. President Truman.

1957 - AFL-CIO members voted to expel the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. The Teamsters were readmitted in 1987.

1957 - America's first attempt at putting a satellite into orbit failed when the satellite blew up on the launch pad at Cape Canaveral, FL.

1973 - Gerald R. Ford was sworn in as the vice-president of the United States after vice-president Spiro Agnew resigned.

1989 - The worst mass shooting in Canadian history occurred when a man gunned down 14 women at the University of Montreal's school of engineering. The man then killed himself.

1994 - Orange County, CA, filed for bankruptcy protection due to investment losses of about $2 billion. The county is one of the richest in the U.S. and became to largest municipality to file for bankruptcy.

1998 - Astronauts aboard the space shuttle Endeavour connected the first two building blocks of the international space station in the shuttle cargo bay.

Today's thought:
Approach each new problem not with a view of finding what you hope will be there, but to get the truth, the realities that must be grappled with. You may not like what you find. In that case you are entitled to try to change it. But do not deceive yourself as to what you do find to be the facts of the situation.

B0b, Heidi wants to know why you didn't wave at her. She's in Key West, but said she waved like mad when she flew over your house. Saw you in your short shorts and Hawaiian shirt tending to your orchids and you didn't even acknowledge her!

C0ffee & ph00 are ready.

Have a lovely day!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:22 AM

Don't forget humble.

Went swimming (at the community pool) for the first time in years tonight. It wore me out.
Had some elderly lady accidentally wander into the guys shower area. Sounded like a bunch of girls screaming.
I discovered how old I am getting because I just didn't care.
I know, buddy - - -- I didn't want to sound bragadoshious (is that a word???) about our little girl, so I quit - - sooo much more I could have added........................................... ....

B0b, Heidi wants to know why you didn't wave at her. She's in Key West, but said she waved like mad when she flew over your house. Saw you in your short shorts and Hawaiian shirt tending to your orchids and you didn't even acknowledge her!
C0ffee & ph00 are ready.
Hey, I saw her and waved - - but I looked and she didn't have her glasses on. Wanted to show her the latest blooms - - gorgeous.

Heidi - - if you get email down here, be sure to look up Kino sandals - - they are made in Key West. Gotta have a pair when you leave or you ain't been in Key West. They have an outlet right there at the park where they worship the sunset every night.

Ph00 - - - - yeh......................
Gone,
Bob
Old 12-06-2013, 07:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning put coffee and phoo on found some doughnuts out by the curb so I placed them over there.

Started raining here ahead of the nasty weather Sunday. I hope all make it thru the storm in good shape prayers going up for Bobs family and anyone who needs them.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Scott, that is the nicest thing you could ever say about me and Ianna. She definitely is a lot like me in looks and personality. Good looking, smart, well spoken, motivated, a leader - - so very much like me. YEP.......... ........................Thanks for noticing................

First performance went well - - tired - - hitting the sack. Morry,

Bob
The part about hitting your sack at the end of the day sounds counter productive. Please tell me Ianna isn't trying to do that too.
More Prayers from here. Last night as I was laying beside Maddi listening to her drift off to sleep, she paused and says; "Daddy? Will your friends granddaughter hear me when I whisper to her to be strong?"
I said of course she will. Right out of the blue from her sleep so we know there's a conscious contact.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts

Seriously, prayers are greatly received - - they are in the critical part of this whole process right now and the little one has started reacting again to the steroids - - she is going nuts, screaming, then crying, then being bullish, then wanting a hugs - - - all the different attitudes never knowing which one will surface the next minute. Can't imagine being in my son's shoes right now.

Bob
I can deeply sympathize. I went through steroid and other treatments myself as a child. It saved my life though. The hardest part is living through watching someone you love in pain. Many prayers brother, many prayers.

More freezing rain. Slow drive home and just as slow coming in this AM. Jeep even did the snake dance. That's when I decided I better put it into 4wd. Didn't help much as I watched the gal in front of me hit the guard rail. Other than the indignity of getting punched in the face by an air bag, she was okay.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:11 PM

Three points more than anything I ever got.

Yikes! I was watching BBC news. That's a bad storm. They even closed the Øresund bridge.
Øresund, storebælt, langeland you name it and I'll tell you it's closed.
What really got my attention was the fact that you typed an Ø, I didn't think you had any of those in the states
Anyway, the wind has slowed down, but now the sea is rising to new levels, so lots of towns at the coast are flooded, people are evacuated to higher grounds.
The good news is I got my furnace going again, I had to shut it down last night, the hard wind made it impossible to keep going, so it was kinda chilly in here when I came home from work, but now it's up and running.

I'll just grab a doughnut and a cup of coffee, then I'll be out checking my furnace...better keep that thing going

Slev
Old 12-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by slevhansen
Øresund, storebælt, langeland you name it and I'll tell you it's closed.
What really got my attention was the fact that you typed an Ø, I didn't think you had any of those in the states
Anyway, the wind has slowed down, but now the sea is rising to new levels, so lots of towns at the coast are flooded, people are evacuated to higher grounds.
The good news is I got my furnace going again, I had to shut it down last night, the hard wind made it impossible to keep going, so it was kinda chilly in here when I came home from work, but now it's up and running.

I'll just grab a doughnut and a cup of coffee, then I'll be out checking my furnace...better keep that thing going

Slev
Sounds strangely like most of Alaska. Of all of it, I think I hate the wind the worst. It's hard to hide from or run from. Been damaged by it, been hurt by it.
Anyway, new hour new gripe. After a meeting with our new manager and his declaration "all is well, all is well" and his goal is to bring back work to Alaska (good luck); we were notified that we will not be getting our pay checks today. And they will not say when we might get them. No one seems to know were (or if) they are all the way back to the corporate office.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:51 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Hope everybody is doing well today.

How the heck would I know? I got the recipe from YOU!
That was my pancake recipe.

Originally Posted by slevhansen
I got a used one off eBay.

Dense fog rolled in. With rain on top of the ice I am glad I don't have to go anywhere today.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
-43 windchill here.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:41 PM

Hope everybody is doing well today.

That was my pancake recipe.

I got a used one off eBay.

Dense fog rolled in. With rain on top of the ice I am glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

They really do have everything in that shop I guess

It is not like Alaska, it´s a bit warmer here, at -43 I would be...hmmm heck, I have no idea what I would do besides freeze like a little wet puppy bbrrr.
Hope that paycheck finds its way, I´m pretty sure there would be quite a riot here if the paycheck didn´t come in.

Slev
Old 12-06-2013, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
-43 windchill here.
OH my goodness - - horrible buddy. I remember -41 actual in Minnesota - - brutal.

Originally Posted by cougar
I can deeply sympathize. I went through steroid and other treatments myself as a child. It saved my life though. The hardest part is living through watching someone you love in pain. Many prayers brother, many prayers.
They are deeply appreciated. Just talked with the wife - - Ianna is really starting to kick in with attitude and appetite. She cannot get enough tomatoes and Macadamean nuts. She screams bloody murder if you don't get them to her quick enough. As you state, tough to watch.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
We are getting a load of ice right now. Should amount to 1/2 inch or so they say. Just waiting for the power to drop as we live at the end of the line. At least it's not real cold, you guys with -40's BAH! I remember my first winter in MT after moving from GA. 95 mph wind and -40. What a shock!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:47 PM

My 1st winter in MT hit -70°. We were living in a travel on my dads ranch.

Quick Reply: Deer camp and left over break room