Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Deer camp and left over break room

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One final picture of snowmageddon in southern Alberta
Attached Thumbnails Deer camp and left over break room-image.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:28 PM

Sorry that pix ended up in multiple messages - the attachments kept timing out.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:36 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy Bob. Did you bother to get dressed today?

Originally Posted by Scotty
Looks like I could be stuck for another day.
Hope it goes well. You know, you never see shrews fall down on the ice. Maybe we need to make shrew shoes.

Originally Posted by cougar
Sounds like my daily winter commute. We have a lottery for ditch space.
My brother was behind that school bus that overturned off the road in Wasilla a couple of weeks ago. He said the road was so bad they never should have even let the buses run that day.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I hate this area of the country. we dont get snow. we get ice or cold rain.
Normally we have a couple feet of snow by now. This year it rained after it snowed just about every time.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
here are a few pics of snow in southern Alberta today.
Wow. So much snow I cant even see the pictures.
EDIT: Oh, there they are.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:43 PM

Bark,
I have no defense for the computer / attachment problems. It has been one of those weeks
Old 12-03-2013, 10:52 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Hi again. It's lunch time and had a few minutes, so thought to check to see what the Dodgians are up to today/night. Normally I am so busy that I do not have time to stop for lunch, but today so far is relatively quiet.

The bad word I used a few days ago was W-O-R-K. Howcum nobody figured that out? What a bunch of ........... what was that Bugs Bunny word? Macaroons?

Just took a quick read of the last few posts and looked at the pictures. Guess what folks, been there, done that and that is why I now live permanently in Mexico. Never want to go thru another white and icy winter in my life. Another 16 days and I will be back to my daily attire of shorts and flip-flops. If I go out, will dress more formally and exchange the flip-flops for sneakers.

OK, lunch is over and my crew is about to return, so had better try to look industrious. Was trying to think of somebodies good example here to follow, but nobodies name or face came to mind, so will just do this on my own.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:36 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Mexstan
The bad word I used a few days ago was W-O-R-K. Howcum nobody figured that out? What a bunch of ........... what was that Bugs Bunny word? Macaroons?
We just never thought you would say something so abhorrent.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang - - rise and shine, coffee and ph00 are on along with fresh sprinkles.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
ok, I am having some issues with attachments tonite.
Man, what is all that white stuff - - sand? Looks like our beaches down here. Don't think I would like it - - looks cold and lonely. Where is the sun? No green stuff??? hmmm?????...................

Bark, I finally had to get dressed late afternoon. Thought I would go skinny dip in the pool but it was too cold - - maybe skinny sun dip - - sun went behind a bank of clouds for about an hour. By then I was forced to don some clothes and head out on an appointment.

Interesting day yesterday - - remember those infamous words "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor?" Well, another lie. Two of my doctors have opted out of "the system." One is my cardiologist that is absolutely the greatest. He said he will not submit to all the harassment required in Obamacare - - been at it too long to have some idiot in Washington who has never met his patient, has way too many other things to handle and could care less about his patient tell him what he can and cannot do in procedures for his patient and pay him a lot less money to do it. Two letters in the same day. The other one is my general practitioner. So, I now have the option of paying out of pocket many thousands of dollars to stay as a patient with them or go find two more doctors. RANT RANT RANT. I am really fed up with this idiot. We need him gone never to be seen or heard from again. Sorry, but this hit home yesterday really hard. Shut up, Bob.

OK, now that I am nauseated, I will go eat breakfast. Have a great day, but watch out behind you - - Obama is after you.

Bob
Old 12-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
It looks like I'm safer staying parked for another day. Blizzard conditions with winds up to 40 mph.

Sean just tell folks those are all different pictures. LoL

Ok time for a coffee and ponder if I want to drive puckered and I'm done. Not going.

I see the ice storm developing and looks like it could have a big impact be safe folks.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:16 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Same reason NO ONE caught the "Scott doesn't WORK" and the "FO only half WORKS"
Old 12-04-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Havin a heat wave, a tropical heat wave.
Mornin, warmed up to a scorching +14° this AM. The stupid drivers have been replaced by the road ragers.
Dog and Pony show yesterday with our new managers wandering around. Hope they get caught in the freezing rain we are supposed to have tomorrow.
I'll trade for snow!
Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Havin a heat wave, a tropical heat wave.
Mornin, warmed up to a scorching +14° this AM. The stupid drivers have been replaced by the road ragers.
Dog and Pony show yesterday with our new managers wandering around. Hope they get caught in the freezing rain we are supposed to have tomorrow.
I'll trade for snow!
funny you should mention heatwave... its +25C here
Old 12-04-2013, 01:25 PM

Hi there, seems to be pretty bad weather all around, even here the weatherguy says we´re in for a storm tomorrow.
I hope it ain´t quite as bad as the last one we had about a month ago, we don´t need that.
Since it is getting closer to Christmas, and I kinda didn´t feel "the mood" I found a place to catch up on some carols...

Now I´m just about as good as I get

Slev
Old 12-04-2013, 03:35 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Too bad I can't drink, or I'd start. Just had another "session" with State Farm. I wish I could grab them by the throat and release some stress. Those people sure know how to stall, stall, stall.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:17 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Too bad I can't drink, or I'd start. Just had another "session" with State Farm. I wish I could grab them by the throat and release some stress. Those people sure know how to stall, stall, stall.
STRESS....The confusion caused when ones mind overrides the body’s natural desire to choke the living chit out of someone that desperately needs it.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:24 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOWDY all...

Scott, stay put, let the weather pass then go on... only smart way to do it sometimes..

We are getting our first cold wintery weather here, was 60*f and sunny yesterday, right now its 23* and windy, cold and freezing drizzle..windchill is below 10
They say a Canadian cold front is passing through...
I was gonna say something nasty about those blasted Canadians not shutting the door and letting this happen, then Tallguy had to post those pics...
now I dont have the heart..

shoulder sure dont like the weather change, its throbbing something fierce!
THE BOSS has the Rottie over to K-State Vet Hospital, doing blood work to see if she is a candidate for Chemo, but Im not getting my hopes up.
Not sure if the Chemo is the right choice regardless, depending on what side effects it may or may not have on the dog.

On a brighter note, THE BOSS JR thinks she wants a guitar for Christmas, so grandpa to the rescue! Looking at getting her a 1/4 size Classical guitar she can learn on, but could use some input from all you who know something about them , on brands, prices and such...

Ok, gotta go learn how to replace the belt on an 04.5 truck, mine slipped off somehow and there's no diagram on the truck..

Quick Reply: Deer camp and left over break room