Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Deer camp and left over break room

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:08 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still cant have a cigar until I lose some more weight. Part of the deal I made with myself. Kind of wish my wife would go visit her sister in Anchorage.

Originally Posted by madhat
Yep. When you coming?
It would be worth the trip. I haven't had good BBQ in ages.

Originally Posted by cougar
This thing also takes for ever to warm up, even with a new thermostat.
Im not used to this stuff anymore. Had to drive to get the mail with the door hanging open because the latch froze.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
SadLonelyDejectedNakedBob
Well... that escalated quickly...
Took about 8 hours longer than it took me. Just remember, if you order a pizza, wrap a curtain around you when they deliver it or your name will wind up in the paper.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:27 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Good evening all y'all, just a quick check in. Scotty, batten down the hatches. Some super nasty weather headed into Alberta from Alaska and it is headed your way. We have been getting pummeled east of Calgary for 24 hours. The RCMP have closed highways north and east of Calgary. I have lived out here on the prairies for 12 years and this is one of the worst storms to date. It took me half an hour after I got home to calm down enough to light my cigar
This nasty weather is heading east into Saskatchewan.
I'm stateside trying to get home. Had to get off the road due to freezing rain and heavy snow on top. Going to try and get outta here again today. I wiped out yesterday when I got out of the truck walking to the hotel lobby. Happened very fast. Sore real sore today. Gotta beat the high winds and next wave of heavy snow. Could see -60 windchill!

Be safe folks this storm named cleon is a big one with several major punches.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
I still cant have a cigar until I lose some more weight. Part of the deal I made with myself.
Re-make a new deal. Life's too short to deny yourself the simple pleasures and it really doesn't get any longer if you 'live healthy'.

I called in sick the last coupla days, glad y'all noticed and were so concerned.

Today is Tuesday, December 3rd.

1818 - Illinois was admitted as the 21st state of the union.

1828 - Andrew Jackson was elected president of the United States.

1835 - In Rhode Island, the Manufacturer Mutual Fire Insurance Company issued the first fire insurance policy.

1917 - The Quebec Bridge opened for traffic after almost 20 years of planning and construction. The bridge suffered partial collapses in 1907 (August 29) and 1916 (September 11).

1931 - Alka Seltzer was sold for the first time.

1948 - The "Pumpkin Papers" came to public light. The House Un-American Activities Committee announced that former Communist spy Whittaker Chambers had produced microfilm of secret documents hidden inside a pumpkin on his Maryland farm.

1950 - Paul Harvey began his national radio broadcast.

1973 - Pioneer 10 sent back the first close-up images of Jupiter. The first outer-planetary probe had been launched from Cape Canaveral, FL, on March 2, 1972.

1982 - Doctors at the University of Utah Medical Center removed the respirator of Barney Clark. The retired dentist had become the world's first recipient of a permanent artificial heart only one day before.

1984 - In Bhopal, India, more than 2,000 people were killed after a cloud of poisonous gas escaped from a pesticide plant. The plant was operated by a Union Carbide subsidiary.

1987 - U.S. President Reagan said there was a good chance of progress toward a treaty on long-range weapons with Mikhail S. Gorbachev.

1997 - In Ottawa, Canada, more than 120 countries were represented to sign a treaty prohibiting the use and production of anti-personnel land mines. The United States, China and Russia did not sign the treaty.

1999 - The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) lost radio contact with the Mars Polar Lander as it entered Mars' atmosphere. The spacecraft was unmanned.

1999 - 6 Worcester Massachusetts firefighters lost their lives battling an abandoned warehouse fire.

Today's thought:
Learn to get in touch with silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.

C0ffee and ph00 are on.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
As an update court went well kept current codusty agreement reduced child support ne cleared of all charges. Didn't get everything I wanted just a partial win. And realy ****** the ex off.

Warm today gota try and find a buck have a good one
Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Didn't get everything I wanted just a partial win. And realy ****** the ex off.
Glad things went sort of good for you. Its gotta be tough.

Originally Posted by Scotty
I wiped out yesterday when I got out of the truck walking to the hotel lobby. Happened very fast.
I hate that. Everything is fine than your feet shoot out from under you. Glad you didn't break an elbow or your head.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I called in sick the last coupla days,
Actually we did talk about you behind your back.

Think I will take a nap.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
You luv it and you know it. Just think of all that attention you are finally getting. Smile big guy, she loves ya. And admit it, you love all the attention...................................
I always get great attention

It would be worth the trip. I haven't had good BBQ in ages.
Come on, man. Just give me a week or so notice.

Took about 8 hours longer than it took me. Just remember, if you order a pizza, wrap a curtain around you when they deliver it or your name will wind up in the paper.
Solid advice...

Originally Posted by railroaderone
As an update court went well kept current codusty agreement reduced child support ne cleared of all charges. Didn't get everything I wanted just a partial win. And realy ****** the ex off.
Something is better than nothing, I guess.

Mornin. Took the wife out shoppin a little, going to get new tint put on the truck, the old stuff is faded pretty bad, now back at the house, ready to go work at the church for a little while. Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:03 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Warmed up a little, -5°.
RR, the little victories add up.
Bark, the door lock froze on the way home so I had to crawl out the other side.
Ya, I need to find me a good 12V heater for that thing.
Last time I fell on the ice I was out for several minutes and a knot on the back of my head for a month. Start wearing those rubber cords with spikes on my shoes.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm stateside trying to get home. Had to get off the road due to freezing rain and heavy snow on top. Going to try and get outta here again today. I wiped out yesterday when I got out of the truck walking to the hotel lobby. Happened very fast. Sore real sore today. Gotta beat the high winds and next wave of heavy snow. Could see -60 windchill!
Be safe folks this storm named cleon is a big one with several major punches.
Man, that sounds like fun. I remember some of that stuff in Minnesota. BBRRRRRR Drive safe.

Something funny last night. Had email from the wife who just flew out to Seattle to help out three weeks. I anxiously opened it knowing she would be telling me all about the trip, how the young'uns are doing, how the older kids are doing and how she was doing. NOPE. It started like this: TO - Robert King, I just found out my new kindle has vo))*ce recognition and I am talking and it is writing. THAT IS IT. No more, nuthin. She is so hung up on her new Kindle I bought her she can't even send me a decent email even when all she has to do is speak it, not type it. I busted out laughing - - so funny.

Hey, ph00 is on - - having mine....................................thanks Scott.

Sorry about all that nasty weather up north. It is 78 here today and sun is out and flowers blooming like mad. Sorta wish the plants would quite growing and just hold steady for the winter - - but no, we have to grow some more to make me trim some more. Guess that is better than shoveling snow. In fact, I know it is.

Bob
Old 12-03-2013, 03:04 PM

Mornin. Took the wife out shoppin a little,
I lucked out again this Christmas. We are going to Seattle to baby sit for two weeks while my daughter has another kid on the 20th.
To make it as stress free as possible we all agreed NO GIFTS (for the big people). Means I don't have to do any shopping.

Originally Posted by cougar
Bark, the door lock froze on the way home so I had to crawl out the other side.
Only thing worse is when they freeze up and you are locked out of the car.

even when all she has to do is speak it, not type it.
When we were trying out the voice software in the car it kept saying it didn't understand me.
Wife says "See, I'm not the only one".
She thinks she is a comedian.

I get to drive to town in awhile. I would rather just stay inside. Oh well.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I hate that. Everything is fine than your feet shoot out from under you. Glad you didn't break an elbow or your shrew

Think I will take a nap.
I got a whole 116 miles in today while going 30 mph watching rigs hit the ditch. Looks like I could be stuck for another day. I think I separated some ribs and pulled muscles all down my right side to my waist and around to my stomach. Painful. Even the back of my head near where most people have a neck is aching.

Bobby can that kindle do stuff like a Samsung or an iPad?

AchingScottynoneck
Old 12-03-2013, 07:05 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
I got a whole 116 miles in today while going 30 mph watching rigs hit the ditch. Looks like I could be stuck for another day. I think I separated some ribs and pulled muscles all down my right side to my waist and around to my stomach. Painful. Even the back of my head near where most people have a neck is aching.

Bobby can that kindle do stuff like a Samsung or an iPad?

AchingScottynoneck
Sounds like my daily winter commute. We have a lottery for ditch space.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:19 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

morning all... another ice storm is headed our way...

happy happy joy joy. I hate this area of the country. we dont get snow. we get ice or cold rain.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Hey all y'all,
This will be a short post but here are a few pics of snow in southern Alberta today. The horse shelter is 8ft tall and the trees are 10ft tall.
Attached Thumbnails Deer camp and left over break room-image.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Bobby can that kindle do stuff like a Samsung or an iPad? AchingScottynoneck
Scotty, I have not messed with it. I bought for her for Christmas - - just early so she could take it with her on the trip out west. It is much like a pad. She does email, facebook, downloads books and movies - - man she is stuck in that thing for hours now. Didn't even turn her computer on the other day which is turned on the minute she hits her workspace in the morning normally. She loves it. It is neat - - great picture on this new one. It is the new Amazon Kindle Fire HDX. I see her watching movies on that thing rather than our 55" TV. She uses the ear phones and the sound is fantastic for those little earbuds. She even has a word processor in it. I do not know how, or if, it would send anything to a printer - - maybe via the wireless/bluetooth.

Tired - - off to bed early tonight. Stayed up way too late last night and busy day. Sleep good, gang.

Bob
Old 12-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

ok, I am having some issues with attachments tonite.
Attached Thumbnails Deer camp and left over break room-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Deer camp and left over break room