Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Death Valley

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last time I was there was back in 03. There was an old man that looked like a miner that survived from the early 1900's. He was giving tours of the bottle house and showed us inside. He wasn't there that day. Thanks for the heads up about the Panamints. When I went back in 03 we spent some time over there. With the wedding involved in this trip we didn't get to do that much exploring.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:56 AM

great pics!

absolutely phenominal pics Travis!
Loved the different angles and views of the trucks against the background scenery, especially in Titus canyon. I'd no idea there was that kind of stuff out there. Did any of the trucks have any issues negotiating the different trails?
Old 05-10-2008, 06:27 PM

Thanks for the compliments. No vehicles had issues at all on the trails we were on. Death Valley is fully of beautiful scenery. Don't let the name fool you. There were some trails that I have been on before in my ranger and If the Dodge was to go through them the only way it was coming out would be with body damage. There are a few trails that the full size can do like Titus canyon you just have to hug the ledge a little bit on the turns. You might be able to get away with going to the Racetrack and Ubehebe Crater. I was going to do that trail but we ran out of time. The Racetrack is really neat the rocks there move by them selves and leave a little snail trail behind them. I might be going out again in October so I'll get pics of that. Hopefully I'll be in the Ranger by then.
Here is some info on the park
http://www.nps.gov/deva/
Old 05-11-2008, 12:16 AM
DTR Mom

from the new yorker, thank you for taking the time to post those pics! wow!
and rough country! just beautiful. we go out to virginia city NV every year, this year we are driving, but your state is soooo beautiful! i'll keep the one ton right side up though.... thanks again for sharing!
heidi where the bears are....