Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Death Row In California!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
They didnt refuse to do it, they refused to "intervine if the condemed showed any signs of pain" they said that was unethical....
They are going to OD the guy on tranquilizers now.

per the AP website
Use Nitrogen gas! Totally painless and 100% lethal...

It's still better than they deserve.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:39 AM

Heres the whole point. To have a death penalty and to not follow through with it is just like the UN passing 19 resolutions that they never intended on enforcing. When there is no consequences the criminals do what they want with no fear. Some of you say that incarceration is punishment enough. I was incarcerated very short term (30 day sentence) I actually served 18, when I was younger. I was struck by how much it was NOT a punishment to the criminals in there. It was more like a party to them. All of their neighborhood buddies were there and they played cards, watched tv, ate junk food, and bragged about what idiots they were all day long. It was torture to me, a guy who values his freedom. To these guys it was just another party.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:59 AM

There is no doubt that the death penalty is a very emotional subject. The wife and I were talking the other day and out of the blue she looked at me and asked me if I knew when the criminal/justice system fell apart. I told her I did not. She told me it went to the dogs when women got the right to vote! Yes, we both support the death penalty. You want deterent? Make a national announcement that every body in prison for murder, rape, and armed robbery will be executed on January 1st regardless of the time spent in jail.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:18 PM

In my mind, if the person is guilty without a reasonable doubt, enough evidence to convict them without any questions asked, they should be put to death. BUT, come cases are kinda wierd. A girl I know from college told me the story about her brother. He was accused of murdering some guy, but he was completely innocent. She brought in the newspaper articles and everything to class to show the class for a project we were doing. 5 years later, he was released, they found the real killer. To me, that was a wrongdoing on the systems/police's fault. They should have investigated it more, and got the right guy the first time. She said it is hard for her brother to find jobs, and his life has changed drastically. Its a shame that this has to happen to innocent people.

I support hangings of the truely guilty. It should be public, and shown on local and some bigger newstations. I think this would help deter crime, but who knows.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would cause pain and suffering huh, how about the victim?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
It would cause pain and suffering huh, how about the victim?
hey forget the victim, the murderer has rights and feelings too. wait, he has no rights because he's a FELON, which means he CHOSE to give his rights up, which also means his feelings aren't worth what's left over after a coyote squats. yes, a felon is still a person...that is a menace to society and everyone he comes in contact with. trees are good for more than shade, string 'em up!