Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

In danger of cheating on Dodge!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:In danger of cheating on Dodge!

These days, with places like CarFax.com and others, it is a lot easier to find out at least some of the history on a used vehicle.<br><br>Take a look at dealer lots, I've seen a lot of 2001's and 2002's that were traded in for the 2003's.<br><br>Maybe not new, but with a lot less miles than your's had on it, and some warranty left to boot.<br><br>Many of those were traded in by guys like us, and residents of other boards that take very good care of their vehicles while in their posession.<br><br><br>phox
Old 05-17-2003, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote author=phox_mulder link=board=10;threadid=14818;start=15#139094 date=1053135173]<br>These days, with places like CarFax.com and others, it is a lot easier to find out at least some of the history on a used vehicle.<br>[/quote]<br><br>In theory CarFax is great, but it's certainly not absolute. The guy I bought my truck from worked at his own truck garage/dealership. So even if it was wrecked, he could have rebuilt it himself and no one would have been wise to it.<br><br>I know this isn't the norm, but I bet it happens more than anyone's willing to admit.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:10 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

How long before it's paid off? If you buy new, when it gets close to pay off, your gonna start getting nickel and dimed again. The only one benefitting is the bank. Take advantage of the longevity of the engine if your close to paying it off at all. Fix the necessary stuff for now, when it's paid off, a restoration will be more comfortable and you aughta get by a few years without putting anything into it. I've had a couple new trucks, Chevy and Ford, that I was dumping money into while paying the bank. I've been putting the same money into restoring this one that I would be making payments on a new truck. Other than looks and the Cummins block, it is new now. The money went in at my comfort level, not a banks and I'm saving on insurance. My money can now go into tools (toys) home improvement, and flyfishing.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:45 AM

[quote author=Redleg link=board=10;threadid=14818;start=15#139213 date=1053180634]<br>How long before it's paid off? If you buy new, when it gets close to pay off, your gonna start getting nickel and dimed again. The only one benefitting is the bank. Take advantage of the longevity of the engine if your close to paying it off at all. Fix the necessary stuff for now, when it's paid off, a restoration will be more comfortable and you aughta get by a few years without putting anything into it. I've had a couple new trucks, Chevy and Ford, that I was dumping money into while paying the bank. I've been putting the same money into restoring this one that I would be making payments on a new truck. Other than looks and the Cummins block, it is new now. The money went in at my comfort level, not a banks and I'm saving on insurance. My money can now go into tools (toys) home improvement, and flyfishing. <br>[/quote]<br>Sounds like what I'm doing with my 94 CTD replaceing one part at a time. The hood will be new one side the bed is new new bumper grill and tailgate. All in all I think my truck is a 98 180hp pumped truck that was first built in 94 but keeps growing newer as the years go buy <br>DM01<br>