Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

D3500 vs Porsche 911--guess who lost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 02:26 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
D3500 vs Porsche 911--guess who lost?

"April 14, 1999 I was involved in a auto accident with a later model Dodge 1 ton pickup towing a piece of farm equipment. I was traveling aproximately 65 mph in the opposite direction,in a Porsche 911, when a pheasant flew at my windshield causing me to swerve into the oncoming lane.

The driver of the truck was traveling aproximately 55 mph when we collided head-on. At impact my vehicle was torn in to three seperate pieces and I was ejected from the vehicle. The driver of the truck suffered minor injuries and was transported by ambulance to a near by hospital. In critical condition I was life- flighted to a hospital 60 miles away. Fractures included: both femurs, right hip, left fibula, left foot, left radius, left ulna and multiple metacarpal fractures. Other injuries included damaged tendons, nerves and muscle.
"
I was reveiwing a website about car crashes here in KS and found this...thought it was kinda interesting..

To Quote someone off this board i cant recall who." I'd rather be the hammer than the nail...."

Old 06-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man, that is exactly why I don't swerve away from anything smaller than moose !
Old 06-17-2007, 09:41 AM

Moose are the only animal (besides maybe buffalo) that you should swerve for. Everything else is smart enough to run, and you're probably not going to hit it if you just go straight.

I smacked a Subaru in my truck the first year I got it. Hit a drainage ditch after the Subaru and flipped it. The subee was completely destroyed and my pickup had mostly cosmetic damage. We hooked up some chains, flipped her back over and down the road she went. The truck didnt stop running the entire time.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Looks to me like Porsche boy is lucky to be alive. Swerved for a pheasant - what kind of fool swerves for a pheasant?
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
To Quote Wannadiesel." I'd rather be the hammer than the nail...."
I don't believe that saying originated with me...
Old 06-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Banned

You would be surprised at what people swerve at, especially in wonderful Chicago traffic.
BTW, birds like my wife.
She has had 2 pigeons in the last 3-4 years just fly right into her car. I was the passenger both times. Scares the poop out of you.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:11 AM

Hmm it said it hit his windshield. not that he swerved to miss it. On top of that he probaly was going alittle too fast. and considering a porsche windshield isnot that big it probaly caved the whole thing in!
Old 06-17-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cameroneod
Moose are the only animal (besides maybe buffalo) that you should swerve for. Everything else is smart enough to run, and you're probably not going to hit it if you just go straight.

I smacked a Subaru in my truck the first year I got it. Hit a drainage ditch after the Subaru and flipped it. The subee was completely destroyed and my pickup had mostly cosmetic damage. We hooked up some chains, flipped her back over and down the road she went. The truck didnt stop running the entire time.

Dont leave out horses I've seen two horses get hit at night on the highway they were in the cab when it was all over.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
Looks to me like Porsche boy is lucky to be alive. Swerved for a pheasant - what kind of fool swerves for a pheasant?
The pheasent probably would have won against expensive piece of plastic
Old 06-17-2007, 06:53 PM
JKM

I think that was Shovelhead Ed that said that.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The same kind of fool that buys a Porsche

J/K-- I'm just jealous that I'll never have one
Old 06-17-2007, 11:01 PM

i would never own a Porsche, even if some one gave me one.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:43 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm.. Ok, sorry... just wanted to give credit where it was due... I dont remember who said it then...
Old 06-18-2007, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by tony597fitter
You would be surprised at what people swerve at, especially in wonderful Chicago traffic.
BTW, birds like my wife.
She has had 2 pigeons in the last 3-4 years just fly right into her car. I was the passenger both times. Scares the poop out of you.
my father-in-law smote a bald eagle with his chevy a few years back. He works for the state of MI and was coming home from an inspection and the durned thing flew out in front of him on I75. Fortunately he knew exactly who to call about it. they wouldn't even let him keep a single feather as a momento!
Old 06-23-2007, 07:37 PM

When I was a kid, my grandfather and I were driving to Bozeman from West Yellowstone. It was a little foggy and we were driving fairly slow because of this. Up ahead we saw some blinking emergency lights on a car and what looked like someone waving their arms. When we got closer we saw that the car was a VW Bug with the top totally smashed down to the seats, the man waving his arms turned out to be a moose that the Bug had hit and totally ****** off. The moose trampled the car flat. My grandfather shut off his headlights and eventually the moose wandered off. We went to the car to find a college girl inside crying her eyes out. When she finally calmed down enough to talk a bit she asked my grandfather if he thought it was repairable because it was a present to her for getting in to MSU Boseman. All he did was shake his head no and gave her a hug as she began crying all over again. I felt so bad for this poor girl.