Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

A Cure For "Wiper Hop"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridiculous
i like buchshot's idea, where can i get a set of those fure sure man, i think that'll work pretty well. but arent they ugly too, if not, can you send a pic to prove it?
Go to a VW dealership and pick some up. There not ugly. They look pretty good, sporty.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:40 PM

Here are some quick pics, the trucks dirty. I think I've lso got some in my gallery.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/buckshot...11687498#page1
Old 09-05-2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by TRCM
no rain.....don't yall have rain in a tube out there...most people call it a water hose.....

I bought some of them very expensive teflon wiper blades, and they would not clean the windshield at all...just streaked it. I took them back, got my money back,and bought the cheapo's...they cleaned the glass just fine......
ya but unfortunately we don't have any 60 mph winds right now to simulate driving down the road, which seems to be the problem.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Hey Buckshot, your link doesn't work. Comes up with a Yahoo error.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
Hey Buckshot, your link doesn't work. Comes up with a Yahoo error.

Hmmm! I just clicked on it and it worked??? Try those.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:04 PM

WalMart sells some that are called Tri-Blades (I think). My father in law put me on to them. They run them on their company vehicles that see 75K a year and are always out side. I have had a set on both my trucks for a little over year now and have seen no skipping and they do a good job cleaning the window.

Best I remember, they are about 10-12 bucks, but they have a lifetime warranty. Father in law said they have changed out 1 set in the 3+ years they have been using them and got zero questions about it when they took the blades back to Wal-Mart.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Hmmm! I just clicked on it and it worked??? Try those.

i couldn't get those to work either i don't know what 's up i'll try it again in a bit but other wise i dunno?

Originally Posted by pbajeff
WalMart sells some that are called Tri-Blades (I think). My father in law put me on to them. They run them on their company vehicles that see 75K a year and are always out side. I have had a set on both my trucks for a little over year now and have seen no skipping and they do a good job cleaning the window.

Best I remember, they are about 10-12 bucks, but they have a lifetime warranty. Father in law said they have changed out 1 set in the 3+ years they have been using them and got zero questions about it when they took the blades back to Wal-Mart.
these sound interesting, i'm probably gonna need another set regardless before the snow flies here, i might check those out too along with the one's buckshot has.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i looked at the Bosch last nite, i put a 22 inch on passenger side & 24 on driver side.

i got some Trico Teflon blades last night...then i read TRCM's post...
ugg......
they were $15 each or so.

i know those michelin blades at Target are good. but the wife has to buy $$$ if i go up there.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM

Do what MEXSTAN said. Just put a couple small adjustable wreches on the thin part of the arm and twist one way or the other til the blade edge is perpendicular to the glass and you're done-basic first year auto shop technique.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:44 PM

Thumbs up

I took Herb's advice a couple of years ago and went with the PIAA Super Sporza Silicone Wiper Blades with the built-in spoilers. Still running the same set and they still work as good as the day I first got them. Not only do the spoilers keep them from lifting/skipping, the blades leave a residue on the windshield that works just like a fresh coat of rain-x. I'd highly recommend these.

Augusta