Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cure for tailgaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back when I drove the big trucks I used to keep a small bag of marbles in the cab. You would be surprised at how well a handful of marbles tossed between the cab and trailer will cause a tailgater to back off.
I don’t think I could live with myself if I did that now. I think I’m getting soft…. Errr make that smarter
Old 09-13-2004, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My buddies don't want me to get stacks because we can't smoke anyone then We were headin to a pull and one of those gangsta types was in one of those ricer cars with his windows down. Stopped at a red light, and yeah, he was right there You should have seen him roll his windows up!!! Quicker than I can hit the switch Same night on the way home had a tailgater that though she could get around me, sped up, she rode my bumper again, hit the mystery switch and you could barely see her headlights. She showed me a finger when we turned off, I wonder what it means
Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first time I ever saw anyone smoked was almost 40 years ago. I had a friend that had an well used Mercedes Benz with a diesel. The car had a manual radiator curtain and a manual choke and he had figured out just the right combination of the two to make lots of smoke. When someone crowded him at a traffic light he would start making smoke and at the next light that car would give him plenty of room.

Earlier this week I pulled into traffic and accelerated to make sure I didn't impede the traffic any. When I checked the mirror the guy behind me looked like he was doing a panic stop and there was a lot of black smoke from my truck hitting him in the windshield. I had never noticed my truck making smoke before then. My truck is stock - is that normal for a stock truck?