Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cure for tailgaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cure for tailgaters

Had a little German looking bug following me real close this morning, in fact, I'm not too sure he wasn't pushing me a time or two. Now for those of you that know me, I really hate people that try to drive up in the bed whil'st you're driving down the road and I really hate them when I'm in my little economy buggy or "the fart in the tin can" as Dennis calls it.

So, I thought to my self (whoa, that's a scary thought), you need a little something to smear up the winder-shield and clog up the fresh air intake eh? So I reach down and twist the knurly **** (I keep it to the left to save what is left of my clutch, yeah right) all the way to the right and drop the hammer on the little bug. The next thing I see is two little really dim looking beads of light and the little bug is gone in the cloud of smoke.

Viola, problem sol-ved (as Peter Sellers would say). The little black bug stayed back about 500 yards the rest of the trip.
Now I really really hated to do that but no one could figure out why I walked in the admin building with a smile on my face you couldn't pry off with a seven foot crow bar though.

What you see in the pic in the link below just wrapped up that little bug since the air was heavy and it went right to the ground.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...cat/500/page/1

As Keith would say, life is good, really good.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to get a picture to post here; big nasty hitch head hanging off the back of my truck deters most gators!, a diesel cloud does take care of the rest.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:32 AM

That is great. I doubt I will ever create that kind of awesome smoke cloud from my truck. But I guess another good cure for tailgaters is to get some airplane landing lights and put them on the back of your truck and just switch them on. Ill tell ya, them things are bright, my brother put some in the front of his 73 Charger lol, nothin like turnin night into day
Old 07-27-2004, 02:09 PM

Hey, you can make that kinda smoke too! Just make sure you get the 4" exhaust and then turn up your fuel pump's star wheel and then get the fuel plate of your choice. That 12 V CTD is notorious for black smoke!
Old 07-27-2004, 02:53 PM

My dad had the place where he bought his trailers at rig his brake controller to turn on the brake lights when unloaded when you pushed the button. Gators would drop like flies.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Administrator

On the way home from work last night, I had a Ford try that with me.
I think he saw my guages, pulled up next to me and sat there for a while, speeding up occasionally, slowing back down, trying to egg me on.
He even rolled down his window, maybe to hear my turbo?
Then he tired of that, pulled in front of me and shot a couple little puffs.
I inhaled, smiled, and stayed right with him.
After a couple times puffing me, never a cloud, just little poofs, he moved on over and exited the freeway.

Give me a couple years and I'll be poofing at least, perhaps a cloud or two now and then.

phox
Old 07-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally posted by Wild4kst8
My dad had the place where he bought his trailers at rig his brake controller to turn on the brake lights when unloaded when you pushed the button. Gators would drop like flies.
Most brake controllers do that all the time. Works good on most tail gaters.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:24 PM

Well this may be a little nasty but here is the story as it was told to me.
When my brother-n-law was young...back when they allowed people to ride in the back of trucks, fixed a 'gator' real good!
He was out doing he cross country run practice when he came up on a irrigation canal filled with nice cold water. He had been told DONT DRINK THE CANAL WATER..but did he listen..nope..so he drank his fill.
The next day his family was taking a long trip from Fresno Ca. to the Napa Valley above S.F. It just so happens that they were taking the trip in his dad's pickup and only 4 people could sit in the front seat. So my borther-n-law and sister-n-law got the honors of sitting in the back of the truck.
About half way thru the 6 hour trip the canal water done its thing and there was no place for him to drop his pants execpt over the tailgate. Needless to say the 'gator' got an eye full and nearly a hood full
We still laugh about that! And he doesnt drink canal water anymore either..

Rick
Old 07-27-2004, 03:36 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by rharveysr
Well this may be a little nasty but here is the story as it was told to me.
When my brother-n-law was young...back when they allowed people to ride in the back of trucks, fixed a 'gator' real good!
He was out doing he cross country run practice when he came up on a irrigation canal filled with nice cold water. He had been told DONT DRINK THE CANAL WATER..but did he listen..nope..so he drank his fill.
The next day his family was taking a long trip from Fresno Ca. to the Napa Valley above S.F. It just so happens that they were taking the trip in his dad's pickup and only 4 people could sit in the front seat. So my borther-n-law and sister-n-law got the honors of sitting in the back of the truck.
About half way thru the 6 hour trip the canal water done its thing and there was no place for him to drop his pants execpt over the tailgate. Needless to say the 'gator' got an eye full and nearly a hood full
We still laugh about that! And he doesnt drink canal water anymore either..

Rick
Only Near Reedley could this happen LOL
Old 07-27-2004, 03:38 PM

They actually live just south of Dinuba on Avenue 360

Rick
Old 07-27-2004, 03:46 PM

wow thats worse than seagulls
Old 07-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Administrator

I was just coming home through Hopewell and I heard two truckers talking on the CB. The one said to the other, man I ain't never seen one do that before, he musta done some work on that Cummins. I just smiled and drove on.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:12 PM

What's worse than seagulls? I got pooped on by a pelican sittng on a streetlight while riding across the Howard Franklin bridge in Tampa about 20 years ago. He must'a saw I was on a Honda and likes Harleys better. They poop a lot!!!
I sold the Honda to a friend I didn't really like and bought a Harley. I haven't been pooped on since!
Old 07-27-2004, 08:18 PM

I can finally get rid of tailgaters properly after installing my EZ today.... it sure smokes a heck of a lot more than I expected it to. Man I love my Cummins....
Old 07-27-2004, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by Hannibal
I sold the Honda to a friend I didn't really like and bought a Harley. I haven't been pooped on since!
It's hard to get pooped on when you're in the garage fixing it...

Quick Reply: Cure for tailgaters