Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

cummins ringtone

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my ringtone on phone sounds good but kind of quite. For those of you that can't figure it out just email the sound to your phone then you should have an option to save sound, save it then go to change you ringtone on phone just select it. I had mine save in my sounds area of my phone. Hope that helps of just pm and i can help further.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:09 AM

I just purchased a Motorola "V325i" phone, and my daughter showed me that it has a record feature on it (she made a couple recordings for me ). Anyway, I found out that the recordings are in the same area that the different ringtones are stored in. So, on Christmase morning, I opened the hood on the pickup, had her hold the phone along the engine compartment, and when she hit the "record button", I started the pickup. Let it idle a couple of seconds, than throttled up and down for about 10 seconds, or so. I then changed my ringtone to that.

One nice thing about it is, if I'm with other people, and a phone rings, I know right away whether or not it's mine

Dewey
Old 01-06-2007, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by DeweyND
I just purchased a Motorola "V325i" phone, and my daughter showed me that it has a record feature on it (she made a couple recordings for me ). Anyway, I found out that the recordings are in the same area that the different ringtones are stored in. So, on Christmase morning, I opened the hood on the pickup, had her hold the phone along the engine compartment, and when she hit the "record button", I started the pickup. Let it idle a couple of seconds, than throttled up and down for about 10 seconds, or so. I then changed my ringtone to that.

One nice thing about it is, if I'm with other people, and a phone rings, I know right away whether or not it's mine

Dewey
That's awesome!

I'm cell phone retarded. Can my motorola razr record sound? I'm still trying to figure this silly thing out .
Old 01-06-2007, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
motorala razar ... someone should be able to help you

everyone has one!!! hahaha
Old 01-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
to make it your start up...

Start
Settings
Control Panel
Sounds and Audio Devices
second tab(sounds)
find the one that says
(START WINDOWS)
below the box with the options is a source, point to the Cummins Start file

Mike
Old 01-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Chapter President

I tried it on my computer and it locked the junky thing up. Although I have the fabulous millenium edition.....which everyone has forgotten about. How do you email it to your phone? I have a turd of a phone to! Probably have to wait til my contract runs out on my cell phone, then I'll get my camera phone and make sure it has the record function!!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:57 PM

I saved the ringtone that was on this post from I believe reiger or something. Instead of clicking regularly on it use the right click button and then click save as or save target as. It will then saveit to your computer, Your phone has to be able to recieve email to make this work. If you know what your email address is to your phone it will speed the progress. If you don't the easiest way to get it if available is to send a text message or email from your phone to your current email address that you use on the computer (i.e. @hotmail or yahoo). that will reviel your phone's address per the web. Then just send a message back to your phone from computer with the ringtone as an attachment. On my phone I saved the sound from message then just picked it as my ringtone. I am not really familiar with nextel but this should work for you if it don't and you are still unclear about this pm meand I may be able to walk you through it the best I can. I hope I helped it is not as difficult as it sounds.

RamNu2
Old 01-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Ilikebikes
That's awesome!

I'm cell phone retarded. Can my motorola razr record sound? I'm still trying to figure this silly thing out .
Originally Posted by 12valve
motorala razar ... someone should be able to help you

everyone has one!!! hahaha

So, for those of us who have a razr.....can anyone help us put it on there?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 AM

i got it to sound when i turn on the computer.

now the problem is, when i start the computer, my dog thinks it's time to go for a ride.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:35 PM

when i right click it gives me a quicktime promo. I cant get it to Save as or Save target as.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 PM

I think i beat you to the ring tone send me you email and ill send you the file... its for a nextel all you need is webjal, im sure you have it!!!
Everyone stops and looks when it goes off... very cool though....
Old 09-02-2007, 10:48 AM

Hmmmmm guess I can't email an attachment to my phone (I can see the file nane in the txt message but when I click on "save media" it tells me "no object available" hmmmmm maybe insert it into the msg instead of attaching it? but I think the real problem is it's coming in as a text msg
Old 09-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by bentwings
Anybody know how this could be set up so it would start when I log in on my computer at work??.

I'd finally be able to put one over on the gasser guys at work. haha
If its a Windows box go to the control panel and select sounds. Then pick the sound and attach a wav file.

I always play with my 'new mail' drives everyone in the office nuts. But if they didn't send a couple hundred emails a day they wouldn't have that problem.