Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

CTD Badges

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kandgo
Yes, and mine gets a second look as I lost one side of my second gen emblems, and I replaced them with 3rd,, I put the Ram 2500 on the sides of the hood, the C emblem which usually goes on the front fender of the 3rd down low on my doors, and the full 3rd tailgate ie; Dodge, Heavy Duty. But I will admit I too look instictivley down at the emblems or the tail pipe Goodluck,,, Rick
Ex girlfriend got me all the 03 badges for me for christmas. I love the way they look. I always look to see if it's a diesel. I even do it on the Furds and Chebbys.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:35 AM

Originally posted by P.O.R.
i look all the time to....for the mighty cummins.....
I Listen for the CUMMINS
Yea baby
For me the big tailpipe is a give away
ramguy
Old 03-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Yeah, I do it also. I look for the orange lettering on the 2nd gen Rams, or the big C on the nose of the 3rd gens, and/or tailpipe size. I also look out for the diesel guys in Fords and Chevys. Fords have the 'Diesel V8' on the door panel on each side. Thats the only place to find it. The gassers V8 and V10 go up on the nose right behind the headlight. On the Chevies it will say Duramax Diesel right above where it says 2500 HD. What can I say, I have too much time on my hands !
Old 03-29-2004, 08:44 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Dodgezilla
When I see a new Dodge Heavy Duty I look hard for the "C" and if it has the Hemi emblem I just kind of feel sorry for the guy because he must be down on his luck....
HA!!

It's funny you mention that. Sunday afternoon I was driving down the highway and came up to pass a four hose trailer being pulled by a heavy duty Dodge. I smiled at the thought of a fellow Cummins man.....only to notice the front badge said "HEMI". I gotta admit I was disappointed and lost all respect for the man.

I check every time.....even on Fords and Chevies.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
Fords have the 'Diesel V8' on the door panel on each side. Thats the only place to find it. The gassers V8 and V10 go up on the nose right behind the headlight.
Just a note....some of the older Fords have a "Powerstroke V8" emblem up on the nose in the same place as the V8 or V10 gasser emblem. Ford put them there before they started putting them on the side of the doors. I think they started putting them on the doors in 1999.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:30 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL always and my Wife does too
Old 03-29-2004, 01:27 PM

yup do it all the time. dont know why, i must me addicted or somethin
Old 03-29-2004, 01:33 PM

i look at the tail pipe cause my truck has no badges. "badges we dont need no stinken badges" and listen or better yet wet for the cloud of smoke
Old 03-29-2004, 01:37 PM

Same here. I'll check out the C, back off and have a look at the tailpipe, and peek at the rear end. LOL. I can spot a Diesel across 6 lanes of Long Island Expressway traffic.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:56 PM

Ive started a new thing where if I see a brother with a ctd I wave the thumbs up, hope he or she doesn't think its the finger

I was driving down the beltline tonight and when I got around a guy I got on it and you should of seen him go from looking asleep driving to about to have a heart attack,
Old 03-31-2004, 09:12 PM

I look too! The best part is shooting a spot of soot out at the Furds and Chebbies

Kinda off topic, but while on the subject of soot, the other day at school, on my way out, there are a few of us tha park in the back row, always playing jokes on eachother, and my buddy came up (didn't know of the soot ) and tried to put something on the corner of the box, and well, it was the right side, so I let her go. You couldn't see him for a good 5 seconds or so Tought him pretty quick
Old 03-31-2004, 09:25 PM

I look for the emblem or tailpipe, whichever is first... always give a thumbs up to the fellow CTD drivers... and always let the Ferd and Chebbie drivers hear the Cummins sound off when I pass 'em.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by Crimedog
Kinda off topic, but while on the subject of soot, the other day at school, on my way out, there are a few of us tha park in the back row, always playing jokes on eachother, and my buddy came up (didn't know of the soot ) and tried to put something on the corner of the box, and well, it was the right side, so I let her go. You couldn't see him for a good 5 seconds or so Tought him pretty quick
1st gens belch out a nice little black cloud every time you start 'em, I've used this for entertainment purposes several times.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:20 PM

why don't I get black smole I get white but not black
Old 04-01-2004, 10:22 PM

Always!

I look at the tail pipe because I'm usually driving faster then a CTD marker on the side.

Me I have a debagged tail gate when I got the truck and only added the "C" in the upper left. It is a 4X4 but here in Minnesota 95% of trucks are 4X4 so need to advertise that fact.

Quick Reply: CTD Badges