Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Crazy trip stories

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
had a wheel bearing partially lock up on a curve on I-75 in the middle of dayton in my 95 V10 truck coming home from college one night, its cool when you dirt track a truck at 75+ in the middle of the freeway at 1:30 in the morning on wet pavement.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres alot of reading...........speaking of wheel bearings, ive got a good one.... 3 years ago i was working in boston, mass, our job was over we loaded a scissor lift on our trailer as well as left over pipe and wire from the job. we worked 8 hours that night, got back to the hotel, packed our bags, showered up, fueled up, and rolled out. im making good time and come into hartford ct, i hit a pot hole in the highway and it jolted the truck/trailer pretty bad i keep goin, i look out the passanger side mirror and see "smoke" from tires i make my way to the shoulder, i hop out the truck and get ready to change a blow out and it wasnt blown out my brother tells me to roll the truck fwd a lil and sure enough we waisted the wheel bearings...aaarrggghh. so were sitting on the side of the road on a saturday w/ no spare wheel bearings, so i ride the shoulder take an exit pull into a neighborhood and jack up the axle, pull the dust cap off, pull the coter pin, take the castleated nut off remove the drum and all. yeah its an <self edited> up mess, no cold chiesel to remove the race from the spindel, no extra bearings, company card just expired, tired, agravated, home sick...the whole 9 yards...all compounded into one. so my brother and i are sitting on the curb, trying to figure out what to do....we come up w/ the wise idea to chain up the axle...no chain...no problem we cut off one of the saftey chains that attaches from the trailer to the truck...we had bust out the trusty dewalt cordless tools, drill to holes in the floor of the trailer, its just wood so it wasnt bad at all, jack the axle up, loop the chain under the axle come through the 2 holes w/ both ends of the chain, put a KLIEN BULL DRIVER screwdriver through the links and use one lag bolt and a fat washer to hold it down, we drove all the way to clarksville, tn to stay at my sisters house and drove it all the way to outside of austin like that, yeah it was a crazy trip.......
Old 08-08-2007, 11:48 AM

About 3 months ago....

Left friday evening for Cripple Creek CO. to pick up 8 Horses, from East Texas pulling a 36ft cattle trailer. Arrived in CO Saturday around 1 PM. Loaded the Horses, took a power nap and back towards home. Got home Sunday around 4:30.

All in a 1st Gen!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by haloman
When you say field do you mean Farm field? I live in Smith Mills. I was born at Welborn myself. What kinda work do you do? I know where all those places are very well. I never did eat much at Peak Bros.

Edit:
My dad is a Farmer in Smith Mills so you may know him.
Nope: That's Oil Field. I work in the oil patch for one of those evil companies that produces oil. I haven't been in that part of KY in about 18 years. We did take a trip down to Evansville last Summer. Just cruised around seeing how much things had changed. Toured the LST and went to the Museum along the River. Then spent a day in New Harmony. Had a great time.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Iron Mike
Nope: That's Oil Field. I work in the oil patch for one of those evil companies that produces oil. I haven't been in that part of KY in about 18 years. We did take a trip down to Evansville last Summer. Just cruised around seeing how much things had changed. Toured the LST and went to the Museum along the River. Then spent a day in New Harmony. Had a great time.
I see. We have a few wells on some of our ground. The Lst boat is a great tour. I do enjoy this part of the country most of the time.