Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Crappy television or am I just getting old?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crappy television or am I just getting old?

How many of you guys out there get sick of the stupid crap on tv nowadays? I mean whats with this stuff like Desperate Housewifes and Queer eye for the Straight Guy? Nip and Tuck and bull like that? The only channels I see anymore worth watching are the Discovery channel and the History channel. What happened to clean shows you could sit down and watch and not get embarressed if your daughter or mother is there? Like I said, maybe i am just getting old but I sure miss the old shows like Happy Days, Beverly Hillbillies and The Man from Uncle.I miss Gilligan, Herman Munster and Barney Fife.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:58 PM

Yea, I know what you mean. I was just watching a show about Peter, Paul, and Mary on PBS. If it weren't for the Science channel, there would not be much for me to watch. My wife however, will watch anything with the letters "CSI" in the title.
Tom
Old 12-09-2004, 09:03 PM

Yea my wife is a forensic nut. Watches Forensic files, Cold Case files and stuff like that on Court tv. (She is a nurse and wants to get into forensics.)
Old 12-09-2004, 09:06 PM

Its called being a HICK!!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by Holycack
Its called being a HICK!!

It could be the age thing too!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Go DUKES OF HAZARD!

Seriously, if it wasnt for the History channel and the Discovery channel (and occasionally SpeedTv), I just would not watch TV.
The trash thats on today is just ridiculous.

We need DTR TV! "All Diesels, All Day"

Rich
Old 12-09-2004, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whatsa matter? you didnt like the Queerrrrrrr eye guy Christmas special? No way, TV these days is nothin but commercials continuiously. They have invented every kinda reality show possible, Gotta admit I like the Ted Nugent one though. Like how he tears them vegans apart. Every music channel is now Rap central, I hate rap, Now wonder the world is screwed these days. We have 50 channels, for the most part none worth watching. actually in summer months we can the sattelite co and dont have TV. I just get bored when it turns dark at 5pm, aint nothin to do but drink and laugh at the stupidity of the masses on TV
Old 12-10-2004, 01:12 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
so what your telling me here is I'm not missing anything... (I don't have cable)
Old 12-10-2004, 01:37 AM

boiler-rat,
I'm with ya... Sherman (6yr old son) knows that when I walk into the room to watch tv he grabs the remote and flips on channel 120 (history channel). That is what I watch because of all the plain out and out horse hockey that is on tv these days...

Queer eye for the straight guy -

Now the wife is glued to those stupid reality shows.

As far as I'm concerned we could just do away with the sat and cable and be just fine.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in Southern California and I'm a teenager and I don't even have a TV. I can't watch the news even, or sports or documentaries or anything. You do miss it.

All the guys (teacher even) in class were talking about the Benjamin Franklin documentary that was just on the History Channel. Ironically, I wanted to watch it too after I heard about it ON THE RADIO. Why do they do that? It's not fair...

I feel like I'm stuck in the 1930's. All my information comes from the radio.

Then again, I do have a 2MBPS DSL line, so that statement doesn't hold much water.

Then again, anybody want to wite a report for me on Benjamin Franklin's subconcious?
Old 12-10-2004, 02:14 AM

My first post here and I have to comment on this. I agree with all of you and I have been born and raised in So Cal. Maybe I am a misplaced hick, I also hate television, but because of the wife we still have it. I love diesel trucks, my 67 Chevelle (major project), History, Discovery, Discovery Wings, Outdoor Life, and Speed Channels.

I am trying to convince my wife to move elsewhere and she has actually been coming around lately. I would love to move to a state where my vote actually counts!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Banned

Discovery Channel, History Channel, TLC, and Comedy Central keep me alive.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
We're just getting old!

I hate TV! Why do you think my posts are up so much!
Old 12-10-2004, 06:29 AM
JKE

no cable or dish here. haven't had it in 8 - 9 years. Tv's a joke.

The wives watch those csi shows so they can catch us when we do something wrong.

JKE
Old 12-10-2004, 06:48 AM

Rich,
I agree!!! How about the CTD Channel?!?!?!?! We could call it "The Discovery Cummins Channel"

Say, am I the only one who is not thrilled with Discovery Wings becoming "The Military Channel"?? It's not the military aspect, it's that I LOVE planes!

Quick Reply: Crappy television or am I just getting old?